What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

The 15th Japanese PS3 import for my collection is a now-rare racing game called Wangan Midnight. It's based on the 1992 racing manga (which also has an anime adaptation). If you like Initial D you might enjoy this one. The difference between the two is that Initial D is more-so about drifting.

DGuD7ayXoAAjpW0.jpg

I actually bought this game used from Solaris Japan because the new copies are twice the asking price.

DGuENagXYAEjsXL.jpg

And thus I now have 62 PS3 games, 38 more to go.

EDIT:

I may as well note this. I aim to try and get 100 PS3 games because that's how many I have for the Xbox 360. Think of it as balancing the collections between consoles. I do have 2 PS3 games on-order but VideoGamesPlus has notified me that it's delayed due to inventory issue with one of the two items I ordered. Drakengard 3 is fine, it's Sengoku Basara 3 that's causing the delay.

Last edited:
Accidentally went on a bit of a spending spree. Deal of the Day was the V for Vendetta and Constantine double pack, which I got from poundland.

What!!!! Poundland sell Blu-Rays? Blu-Rays for films I've actually heard of? Last time I went in all they had was DVD's for films I've never heard of. Good Deal!

It's not that bad. Yeah it's simplified but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If had got a sequel I would bet it would have surpassed the first film.
I'd totally like to see films adapting the Individual Eleven and Laughing Man arcs but I'm not sure if Paramount will make another since it barely made back its budget but I can only hope.

What!!!! Poundland sell Blu-Rays? Blu-Rays for films I've actually heard of? Last time I went in all they had was DVD's for films I've never heard of. Good Deal!
I bought a copy of 'The Devil's Double' from poundland recently just because it came in a black case. Ergo Proxy looks a lot better in a black case :cool:

I have a few Poundland Blu Rays, the one in the shopping centre opposite my Uni has a decent selection (well as decent as Poundland Blu Rays can get anyway)

Today's and yesterdays mail.

U_WuTTvNbnM6KsJEoeBf2KG9dtU62SHrNRc1uToNP7Qc8okXoTeT7vYhAjee3NrMxWi14sBvbyZDBpPcy6wLnquFLIwb6I5arZDcqXNhGbcI0sduwKCH6cdiUTqYjp9Svk61rWAqOqYak-lNDaw4yWrWrFJm9bXkgoK4ui6kdvkgmlzT_G3m6-Zlbbom3V41gWK7fqFnDhR31ljvhPhLHlRcjvs89ARnyQUnxWLDTIKKhVjF-FWpEYe--UAGSZq8yAyqTHCyuXhfAJk3NcLbDtIjGLzNjlTNdlQQ36gUIt4M-WOJ-KAdGOwOkEYnUDB2eq2QmUAsh0xMkFS7vbw_tZHLugvZDZHkV_ZJMZhSMVxGZpmSnuuE6Opsk-PAC0hn9AYTEY58BfdE8b9UTJOvQF5rWoQxy-xRiEC05oWKiYk28eHaurLQ0-_3-WQ_Yw1U4fmatNEzQNtSZCeR3Uw5Bv3SNx8UfXwXe3QwHQw1DSTdF4hzdxXUR7m7Zd-FqEBS1u0jhRhB2tUVvEcHRlUuROCwPcb58SnZnvCulp3kd48tiW9LIFhZ5XCemaM0-4yYU2dNeaLIfEo42NT2vtv8q4drymxC0Y-EZmMcRwFWGXBWiYWV1pKkzw7Y=w1293-h727-no

Outlaw Gangster and Nikkatsu Diamond Guy's i bought from the arrow sale the same day that the first order arrived because of how pleased i was with my experience with them. I actually would have ended up making third order but the sale ended up sooner than i thought so i missed couple of films that i would have liked to see.

Burning was part of other order and it's the Finnish version instead of the arrow one that was lot more expensive. Never heard anyone talk about it and i didn't learn about until i saw that cool arrow cover. I probably would have still skipped the movie but then i saw that Tom Savini did the special effects for it and it was enough to make me want to get it. I'been feeling really nostalgic for horrow films anyway and several more are still coming up.

huy_nyojaAsdCJpRy3PWr82oJPKP3jWDLxQzNgbn7PZRKlqriYS67icgOUu26BNceQP2jmQhVX3gF_8ChlyCqyh-oM6DrNjlZEAuO83zXFVnm715udxep5h5Kgx1pmwUBqckucZKWTGaiucy3LFHFVqceVNoGuzYNlrrEzWpYXxpSF7LmPm1SIviCQEwma3X7DnHr8ZDqUt5SS1DxBsmA41250nXRLNKjOgoGMMumtuVJlwsNhXTfuWpGBbRrcpWlOETn3gpb8mjNjjCDp3QOPgeDkDEcqTFqdqMjkXvCm0csK-xS5eOAAWo3YIdCLwug2_bJ9fT_Q4rcflIqa4aDynXCRxIWOE0xZkTz-r7DelB_g6Y949GUzDzznqzKqn0Y91ZEFJR8wS94xfwb4BscBp-de8FG91RMMO3m2kw8RObORlJE6-l0aWkZOjbwRbemMcvEKgxqfVstlLZt4JQxiQdl__tNPmPF7sPx3zny9lHAOfkkmxKuN5hLg00sNovpcU__BmON3Iepz3xxsi41iUs-t8RWna_DaGU1TvHW3Oq7HV3imEOec4I8CqWxOgfcBPXEiDHgAtcg6pjO6_ig1CF7yyCge7e-gXWA7H4RTaRYWk6uqKbvjHf=w409-h727-no

Battle Royale was one of the films i was suppose to buy from the sale (luckily i didn't have to pay much extra to get it elsewhere) It's been ages since i last saw it so it's another film that i'm eager to learn what i think of it now that i'm older.

Exorcist collection i mainly bought for the really interesting sounding third film that i have never seen. I actually didn't know there was also fourth and fifth film too and i wonder whether that means that they are crap.

I was bit bummed though that the films were packed on slim and flimsy cardboard box which got damaged in the mail. Maybe i should complaing to zavvi but the boxset was pretty cheap and it's not like you actually see the damage when the box is on the shelf so it's not a huge deal.

QxHN4L7.jpg

YRRiJ0Y.jpg

BkDOuGG.jpg
French limited edition of Naruto the Last and the Boruto Movie.
Have been enjoying the Boruto anime far more than I expected and those two movies have some really nice animation, so I went for it after all. The French release has by far the best packaging out of the US, UK AUS and German releases. And I was in bit wowed at how much of printware extra it ended up having (thus being so thick of a release, too.) Each has a full colour booklet with designs and interviews and a Manga guidebook/databook sorts of extra book. (Whose cover gets on display through the hole.) The Naruto's first date with Hinata Omake ended up being really short, but now last week's Boruto episode makes even more sense, lol. Boruto's book has the original manga of the OVA episode and, that had me surprised, the last Manga chapter of volume 72 inside in full colour. (Too bad I don't really like that chapter because Boruto is still this total young Naruto-clone brat before he got sorts of half-retconned for the TV show.)

I had hoped it would be BD sized and not DVD sized, but far more was I surprised at that hole in the backcover. (Holes = Dust catcher ._.) And I totally expected a sidewards slip like the French Fate Zero BD/DVD Digipack combo. Instead it's a box like these Japanese LE Manga "boxes" that bundle the anime or Drama CD-in-DVD-cases with it. (Or think of any placeholder carbox thingy in any part 1 with chipbox.) I spend a good minute figuring out how to open this without damaging the opening piece. (Didn't help all that much, the Boruto Movie got a crease on the sleeve-slap-strap (?) none the less. .-.)
When I was packing everything back I ended up almost being thankful for the hole, because it makes it so much easier to tuck everything in without the sleeve-slap-strap (?) damaging the printware extras ontop of being cresed itself. These sort of boxes really keep puzzling me at just why designers would ever choose something as horribly unergonomic. >__<"

(How is that part even called in English? That part you are pushing into the box when closing and that gets the creases from opening the box.)

(How is that part even called in English? That part you are pushing into the box when closing and that gets the creases from opening the box.)
Dunno what it'd be called, but I know exactly what you mean. That's the same type of box Kaze used for their UK pack of Berserk films.

These sort of boxes really keep puzzling me at just why designers would ever choose something as horribly unergonomic. >__<"
Yeah, I second this. I took one look at that Berserk film pack in HMV, and my very first thought was "How in the hell are you supposed to be able to open that without creasing it?"

Very bad design work. Did no-one think it was flawed? Or did they just not care? I'll bet nobody tested it in either case, or else they would've seen the problem.

Back