What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

gKE847t.jpg

Got Anthem of the Heart for £12 from CEX and The Tatami Galaxy for £22 from CEX, both perfect condition, can't complain.

Well, I checked my account, and Zavvi have now officially missed the window of opportunity to collect the rest of their money for Psychic School Wars.

Chuff me, I really did get it for 58p. Bargain of the century!

Received yesterday, Cat Planet Cuties from secondspin.com, Mai Mai Miracle from Zavvi, and Golden Boy from Amazon US.

Unfortunately secondspin.com messed up as Cat Planet Cuties didn't contain the DVD's, only the keep case with the Blu-rays, and nothing about that fact was described at their site. :(

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

vSERpWp.jpg

Some smut, thanks to @st_owly who I did a combined smut order from June Manga.

inGpIu7.jpg

Wanted Devil May Cry HD Collection for a long while so could pass up for £8

43Hw4Nd.jpg

Got myself a watch as I'm fed up of getting out my phone to look at the time, so got this from F Hinds from my local high street.

Received yesterday, Cat Planet Cuties from secondspin.com, Mai Mai Miracle from Zavvi, and Golden Boy from Amazon US.

Unfortunately secondspin.com messed up as Cat Planet Cuties didn't contain the DVD's, only the keep case with the Blu-rays, and nothing about that fact was described at their site. :(

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Email Secondspin, unless the release you bought was BR only you'll either get a replacement or a refund.

That's what i did after my post. Used secondspin before and had no problems with them, just the stickers they put on their packages are a bit of an annoyance and sometimes rather hard to remove ;). So i'll see what they'll answer.

Seems my week of mistakes and problems though, Violence Jack OVA from Amazon US is stuck at customs in Heston for two weeks and considered lost, and package containing Golden Boy should also have contained New Police Story but in fact i received a cover for some phone. For the first one, i'm still in contact with Amazon and for the second one they send me a replacement order with the fastest shipping method.

Just more boring PC parts. To be honest I really didn't need these as my system was fine with a 120mm intake at the front and a 120mm exhaust at the back, but if I can put 2 140mm fans at the front then I might as well. What's actually annoying is that I planned to move the 120mm at the front to the top so I had 2 intakes at the front, 2 exhaust at the back end but having just noticed the top can also hold a 140mm, I kinda want one for there too >_> oh well, it'll do for now.

xScTPEKl.jpg

Today arrived the first three volumes of Aria The Masterpiece from Japan, a re-release of the manga in two-volume omnibuses. After I recently finished watching The Origination and deciding this is one of my all-time favourite series, I pretty much impulse bought these after seeing them on Buyee. I paid a lot more for shipping than I would've liked (mostly my fault, I wasn't thinking too hard when I bought them; durr books are heavy), but these are some hella pretty manga volumes.

jBYd8nc.jpg

Some more pictures:
Nice shiny gold effect on the spines (as is the title on the front covers).
v2ZYnyj.jpg

The most fan-servicey this series has ever gotten, I think. The white bubbles/surf is a transparent overlay page on top of the main image. Pretty cool effect.
XZc1bqo.jpg

And of course, some lovely colour double-page spreads.
fAi0aJ8.jpg

Now, if someone could get the license and replicate and put these out in English, that'd be lovely. Or even just the original release, since Tokyopop only got up to volume 6 of 12... :(

Well, I checked my account, and Zavvi have now officially missed the window of opportunity to collect the rest of their money for Psychic School Wars.

Chuff me, I really did get it for 58p. Bargain of the century!

I was robbed, they charged me 59p! :)

Neil. T and how did you check this 'missed the window of opportunity to collect the rest of their money' ?

Guess we'll not be that lucky after all, at least i'm not. Earlier this week i got an email from Zavvi where they explained the mistake and that the correct amount would be charged. I would also receive a 25£ refund or such for the additional bank charge.

And today i see in my bank app. that the bank indeed reserved an amount for Zavvi which should be correct for the 3 items which were wrong before.

I didn't even know that web shops and such could ask your bank for more than one charge for the same item :eek:

Neil. T and how did you check this 'missed the window of opportunity to collect the rest of their money' ?
Looking at my account online, the difference between the amount in my account and 'amount available' has gone back to zero, so the money is no longer set aside for Zavvi. I'd assumed that was case closed, but I guess I'll have to wait and see now.

How long was the gap between them charging you and their email correcting it?

Was like this;

Ordered: June 14th
Shipped: June 15th
First debit: June 14th (wrong currency conversion)
Email regarding wrong conversion: June 27th
Second debit: June 28th (with correct conversion)

Back