What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Game of Thrones is supposedly a full 60, and has a budget of up to $10m per episode, that's not a fair comparison.

You know you can sell UV codes on eBay? People buy them, you need to specify it's a UK one though, they aren't region free. Something to look into, if you haven't got rid of them.

I see. Game of Thrones is the only TV show I buy, so I can't say I really paid attention to other prices, so I was still pretty shocked to see it so cheap. Also, I'd probably rather give it away to someone on here first, I honestly don't mind. I can't imagine it's worth more than a few quid on eBay anyway.

I see. Game of Thrones is the only TV show I buy, so I can't say I really paid attention to other prices, so I was still pretty shocked to see it so cheap. Also, I'd probably rather give it away to someone on here first, I honestly don't mind. I can't imagine it's worth more than a few quid on eBay anyway.

HBO stuff, specifically Game of Thrones, is about the most expensive US TV series you can buy (outside of maybe the Star Trek remasters, though they've all gone down now). Everything else is generally a fair amount cheaper than that. Hence why you see people pointing anime is absurd compared to US TV, it's not unrealistic to see an AL release could be triple the price you'd pay for an equivalent US TV show.

A new keyboard to have a sub decent gaming keyboard

And I had to get a mouse to replace old squeaky (the mouse that came with the refurbished zoostorm computer).

HBO stuff, specifically Game of Thrones, is about the most expensive US TV series you can buy (outside of maybe the Star Trek remasters, though they've all gone down now). Everything else is generally a fair amount cheaper than that. Hence why you see people pointing anime is absurd compared to US TV, it's not unrealistic to see an AL release could be triple the price you'd pay for an equivalent US TV show.

Speaking of the Star Trek remasters, I kind of found it pretty frustrating that they charged so outrageously much for them when they released them by-series - only to then complain prominently that no-one bought them, and then promptly reduce the price to an insanely cheap 'all seasons' box set a year later. Kind of spits in the face of the fans who bought them expensively when they first came out.

Speaking of the Star Trek remasters, I kind of found it pretty frustrating that they charged so outrageously much for them when they released them by-series - only to then complain prominently that no-one bought them, and then promptly reduce the price to an insanely cheap 'all seasons' box set a year later. Kind of spits in the face of the fans who bought them expensively when they first came out.
I must confess to waiting until Zavvi had one of their insane days to get TOS. It went down to £45 for a few days (about a year or so before Paramount went crazy and dropped all of them indefinitely), I was really happy with it. They're really nice sets too though.

I must confess to waiting until Zavvi had one of their insane days to get TOS. It went down to £45 for a few days (about a year or so before Paramount went crazy and dropped all of them indefinitely), I was really happy with it. They're really nice sets too though.

For sure - if I was still as big a fan of Star Trek as I used to be I'd definitely grab them. I just find it crazy that you can buy all the seasons now for the price of what just one of the seasons cost a few years ago. It kind of shows how quickly western TV series fall in price now compared to anime series do. Eg. you can buy all of Lost on DVD for just £25 - and as a whole, I think aside from when they first come out, most 'all series' box sets seem to never retail for more than £40 online - It's like £1 per disc for some of these shows.

For sure - if I was still as big a fan of Star Trek as I used to be I'd definitely grab them. I just find it crazy that you can buy all the seasons now for the price of what just one of the seasons cost a few years ago. It kind of shows how quickly western TV series fall in price now compared to anime series do. Eg. you can buy all of Lost on DVD for just £25 - and as a whole, I think aside from when they first come out, most 'all series' box sets seem to never retail for more than £40 online - It's like £1 per disc for some of these shows.

I know neither of us was saying this, but before anyone says anything, and in the interests of fairness, we should probably point out; a lot of that is because obviously LOST is going to sell more copies on day 1 than most anime titles sell in their lifetime. And ABC/BVHE can split the cost between multiple territories (they own the show outright), whereas anime contracts are generally restricted by both language and region. So unless you're buying multiple regions/languages, or you get special permission, you can't share masters with another language.

Jerome indicated that Manga had been declined access to the Japanese remaster of Death Note, but also told they couldn't use Viz's discs (he liked a comment suggesting their language tracks were the reason why.) So they're having to licence Viz's remaster, but also pay to create a new BD master of the show. So Manga kinda got doubly screwed on that one.

It does make me wonder if we'll see a future where Manga just stops bothering with releases that aren't guaranteed strong sellers like Digimon / Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh etc. With the Crunchy / Funi deal in place, all Sentai is going to have access to are the b-list dregs of each season, and by proxy, by the time Manga get around to releasing them, I can't imagine they'll do well.

Manga seem keen to keep re-pushing their existing licenses as opposed to going above and beyond to get new ones (ie. why we're seeing yet more re-releases of Akira and GITs) - but it does make me wish they'd at least test the waters with a few older titles they used to have like Fist of the North Star / Wicked City etc.

It does make me wonder if we'll see a future where Manga just stops bothering with releases that aren't guaranteed strong sellers like Digimon / Pokemon / Yu-Gi-Oh etc. With the Crunchy / Funi deal in place, all Sentai is going to have access to are the b-list dregs of each season, and by proxy, by the time Manga get around to releasing them, I can't imagine they'll do well.

Manga seem keen to keep re-pushing their existing licenses as opposed to going above and beyond to get new ones (ie. why we're seeing yet more re-releases of Akira and GITs) - but it does make me wish they'd at least test the waters with a few older titles they used to have like Fist of the North Star / Wicked City etc.

The CR/Funi deal might work in Sentai's favour. JP companies will want to encourage competition, so CR and Funi will probably find it harder to pick titles. There have been suggestions that this is why Daisuki is being given a bigger push right now.

The CR/Funi deal might work in Sentai's favour. JP companies will want to encourage competition, so CR and Funi will probably find it harder to pick titles. There have been suggestions that this is why Daisuki is being given a bigger push right now.

How do you mean harder to pick? As in increased prices, or too much to choose from?

Daisuki always has the benefit of being the 'official' JP-backed option, but I can't imagine their numbers have got anything on CR's - hence why a lot of shows like Gundam IBO are being delay-cast on CR too to increase their audience numbers.

How do you mean harder to pick? As in increased prices, or too much to choose from?

Daisuki always has the benefit of being the 'official' JP-backed option, but I can't imagine their numbers have got anything on CR's - hence why a lot of shows like Gundam IBO are being delay-cast on CR too to increase their audience numbers.

That was meant to say harder to pick up. As in JP companies are likely to try and possibly make things harder for them to try and increase competition, maybe even do things themselves. Or perhaps maybe give Sentai more of an ear than they would have before, to put them into a position where they can get into bidding wars.

It has been mildly suggested (with the loosest amount of evidence possible -- Their commissioning the World Trigger dub themselves and perhaps their self-distributing of Digimon Tri into cinemas) that Toei themselves might be making a play for the US market.

I guess so - but I'm not sure how much they can artificially inflate prices though - at the end of the day, with CR / Funi now a combined force, if they put the prices too high, they'll scare them off and end up with nothing. While they obviously want as much as possible, at the end of the day, something is better than nothing. CR / Funi only really have Sentai to play up against in terms of bidding wars - so from Funi / CRs POV the prices will probably be lower than if CR / Funi were betting against each other.

But yeah, the Toei thing is interesting too - although the World Trigger dub thing may have slightly backfired in terms of no-one getting round to physically releasing it yet. But maybe they'll bung it on Netflix or something (if it isn't there already). It kind of doesn't help that the anime ended being kinda mediocre and suffering heavily from Toei's One Piece 'stretch it out as much as possible) policy.

I guess so - but I'm not sure how much they can artificially inflate prices though - at the end of the day, with CR / Funi now a combined force, if they put the prices too high, they'll scare them off and end up with nothing. While they obviously want as much as possible, at the end of the day, something is better than nothing. CR / Funi only really have Sentai to play up against in terms of bidding wars - so from Funi / CRs POV the prices will probably be lower than if CR / Funi were betting against each other.

But yeah, the Toei thing is interesting too - although the World Trigger dub thing may have slightly backfired in terms of no-one getting round to physically releasing it yet. But maybe they'll bung it on Netflix or something (if it isn't there already). It kind of doesn't help that the anime ended being kinda mediocre and suffering heavily from Toei's One Piece 'stretch it out as much as possible) policy.

Can Crunchyroll and Funimation survive without anime? The last non-anime series Funimation picked up is Syfy's Dark Matter (maybe it did well outside of the anime community, but it seemed kinda DOA to me), the last non-anime Crunchyroll picked up was their French anime-alike Children of Ether, which we'll see.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Toei thing is true. Toei basically said they dubbed World Trigger to try and improve it's sales prospects. I suspect it didn't work or it did work and they haven't quite figured things out yet. (The series only finished it's home video run in October, it's possible they deliberately held up negotiations or an announcement until after that.) The Toei-organised screenings of Tri also had a Crunchyroll logo at the beginning, so it's possible Crunchyroll has home video for Tri. Plus, if Toei were launching in the US, why would they give Funimation guaranteed mega-hit DB Super?

CyZQUtLWgAAcwob.jpg

I had waited 10 years for this game to come out, and I finally got it after picking it up at a midnight launch via GAME Sheffield.

A few things to note:
  • 5.774 GB install for the Final Fantasy XV game
  • 9.410 GB download for the Day 1 Patch
  • 43.48 GB space for Final Fantasy XV as a whole
  • 2.06 GB download and space for A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV as a whole
I also have a blog post that covers more photos of the Deluxe Edition for those interested.

CyZQUtLWgAAcwob.jpg

I had waited 10 years for this game to come out, and I finally got it after picking it up at a midnight launch via GAME Sheffield.

A few things to note:
  • 5.774 GB install for the Final Fantasy XV game
  • 9.410 GB download for the Day 1 Patch
  • 43.48 GB space for Final Fantasy XV as a whole
  • 2.06 GB download and space for A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV as a whole
I also have a blog post that covers more photos of the Deluxe Edition for those interested.
That's a lot of data, I'll have to move my PS4 down into the front room for when I do the patch as the wifi through an extender into my room will make it take about a week to download ;)

Can't wait to get my UE later today, although I'm work that night so can't do anything until the Wednesday :(

Got a Kindle as my mum's xmas present, it should be easier for her to use than my old laptop that she uses now. Star Trek and FF are for me :p
WP_20161129_14_54_01_Pro_zpsjsyqs7so.jpg

As for the FF patch, I'm still on an internet connection with limited data each month (only 15GB) so there's no way I can download a 10GB patch. I'll just play it offline.

You got Seraph of The End part 2 early...lucky
I was surprised when I got the email from UP1 yesterday telling me it has been dispatched. I ordered it from them as they were one of the places where you can get a bonus card of Ferid Bathory and I think they were the cheapest. I've been waiting for part two to come out before rewatching the series.

Back