What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

28878152556_8af6bc9443_b.jpg

I love the art on this box so much.

Uh oh! That first set was a slippery slope!

Can't blame you though, they are indeed very pretty.

It's highly likely I'll end up with all the AoA Monogatari sets at this point. They are quite pretty. However, outside of that, I doubt I'll be buying much AoA stuff. Unless those Madoka LEs get another print run for some reason, which they won't :p

Haibane Renmei - I've wanted this set for a while, wish I didn't bother at this point....

SUUPteRl.jpg

So, what's the issue? Well it was shipped in a jiffy bag, a jiffy bag that was clearly too big and thus it arrived with this...

Z0qFsh4l.jpg

Which is pretty damn annoying, but more so is the fact it was listed as "Very Good" and after a quick check, disc 3 is covered in scratches, I assume they've been using it as a coaster for cups with sandpaper bottoms >_> If the disc plays okay I'll keep it as it was only £11, but I'm still kinda miffed at the whole thing.

Haibane Renmei - I've wanted this set for a while, wish I didn't bother at this point....

It was listed as "Very Good" and after a quick check, disc 3 is covered in scratches, I assume they've been using it as a coaster for cups with sandpaper bottoms >_> If the disc plays okay I'll keep it as it was only £11, but I'm still kinda miffed at the whole thing.

But did it come with saliva as expected? But really it looks like a nice set if you can hide that blemish. I should get round to watching my region 1 set at some point.

But did it come with saliva as expected? But really it looks like a nice set if you can hide that blemish. I should get round to watching my region 1 set at some point.
I mean, it does kinda look like the sorta damage that comes about from the box being wet....I'm not one to speculate, just saying is all.....

It looks fine when it's sitting on the shelve and while the damaged box is an annoyance, it's the scratched disc 3 that's actually annoying me quite a bit as it was listed as "Very Good". What's funny is I was checking eBay for Volume 3 on it's own to replace the disc and while 1, 2 & 4 seem to go for about 3 to 5 £'s, Volume 3 is like £17 lol I almost think they did this on purpose....

That's my last 2 eBay buys arrived damaged, things are not looking good for Gunbuster.....

i had a bluray arrive from ebay in just a envelope then the seller accused me of changing the case when i sent it back to them damaged.

some stuff i got this week, including the last of the Ranma blurays i needed so now just need to get around to watching it all
IMG_20160809_150346_zpsih8w5kp5.jpg

IMG_20160812_142356_zpsjv994ekp.jpg

The patch with ONV is really nice, but I don't know what to do with it. I still haven't done anything with my Bubblegum Crisis one. I keep considering putting it on my laptop case but then I keep thinking the next laptop I buy might be bigger or smaller and then I won't have any use for it any more.

The patch with ONV is really nice, but I don't know what to do with it. I still haven't done anything with my Bubblegum Crisis one. I keep considering putting it on my laptop case but then I keep thinking the next laptop I buy might be bigger or smaller and then I won't have any use for it any more.
At the moment I've put the patch in the BD case. To be honest the patch was a surprise as it wasn't on the tier a pledged.

M1p2keH.jpg

JPN collector's edition of Redline, which I managed to get cheap from eBay.

Chihayafuru manga bilingual edition volume 2, from Solaris Japan. I bought a set of volumes 1 and 2, but volume 1 is missing. :/ I hate having to deal with mishaps like this, and I've never used Solaris before.

Damn that Redline set looks nice.

XVunMZJl.jpg

I was worried about the state this would turn up in as I got it from MusicMagpie on eBay so they didn't have a photo of it available, but it's turned up in great condition and even includes the booklet which is nice so all n all I'm pretty happy with it. Looking forward to watching this again, as soon as I work out how to watch region 1 DVD's lol I'm sure it's not that complicated.

As a side note, I wish Anime Limiteds digipacks were even close to the build quality of this sets, it's material is about as thick as an Anime Limited boxes is (which is kinda funny considering the outerbox is just thin card).

As do I. Why anyone would want to get rid of that, for pennies to MM no less, is something I can't quite comprehend.

As a side note, I wish Anime Limiteds digipacks were even close to the build quality of this sets, it's material is about as thick as an Anime Limited boxes is (which is kinda funny considering the outerbox is just thin card).
Beez released a few sturdy digipack sets like the one Bandai Visual used for Gunbuster, though they didn't have slipcovers of any kind. I still have House of Five Leaves and Tatami Galaxy. A sturdy digipack and slipcover would be nice but perhaps prohibitively expensive ^_^;

Back