What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

23099735901_f8d56818d0_b.jpg

Unfortuntely, since installing, my PSU is noisy as hell. It was starting to do this a bit before but now it's constant. It is 50 watts under the recommended for this GPU but I thought I could get away with it. I guess I'm going PSU shopping today. Hooray -_-

And now i have all three versions of this story.

DSC_0131_zpskg8nfnht.jpg

I didn't expect it to be ever translated and i was quite surprised when i accidentally stumbled on it on amazon while looking at something else. I wasn't really a huge fan of the manga nor the anime but for some reason i felt really compelled to experience all versions of it and i'm glad that now i can.

I'm bit disappointed about the release itself though. The cover is nice and all but i really don't like these slip things that eventually will just tear down and in fact there's some damage to it already.

And of course the book look's kinda horrible without the slip as can be seen down below.

DSC_0133_zpstww79h3i.jpg

The outer (green) material is also kinda crappy and can be damaged easily too. It sucks when you pay extra for a hardcover book and get a subpar product.

^ I know that feeling. The spines on hardcovers can be so fragile. :( I think Koari Mori's hardcover manga releases are probably some of the best. They all match up, without their slips and it looks so good.

My other Fallout 4 Collectors Guide arrived today. :oops:

4JpdFP0.jpg

wYFCSSn.jpg

39ibhQb.jpg

IncendiaryLemon said:
Bailey1985 said:
Picked up the external Blu-ray drive off eBay to use as a region A player .

How much did you pay for that drive?

It was 18.95 . I haven't had the chance to test it on a region A only Blu-ray yet though . I've got a region A bd on order from United publication so I'll be able to test it in a couple of days hopefully .

IncendiaryLemon said:
You'll have to tell me how it is. I've always wanted a cheap BD drive for the same reason but I've never took the plunge.
I will do . The seller I got it from said it was region free it has loaded my region 4 dvd and region b blu ray . But would only play the DVD with VLC player . Windows Media Player and PowerDVD both said it was the wrong region disc the drive .

I thought I would need to pick up some sort of Blu-ray playing program which is why I got the power DVD from Amazon I got lucky it was £39.99 yesterday's gone back up to £62 now .

Jealous of all of the nice Baccano sets arriving even though I own it twice and can't justify a triple dip. Also jealous of The Origin II sets as mine is somewhere in UPS land still (hopefully arriving tomorrow).

Those Madman orders some folks made are hilarious. I hope you have plenty of time to watch all of that :D

R

Holy **** Morbo. I wish i could have splurged like that. I'm happy that i managed to order few nice things from that sale but i'm still bit jelly.

IncendiaryLemon said:
22693632878_cbacc7087b_c.jpg

What do you know, it actually was very good condition despite it's price. I also want to say I love the artbook that comes with this volume. It feels so high quality.
I actually find the marketplace on Amazon japan better than the UK one, I ordered a 'used' copy of Tiger & Bunny and it turned up still in the shrink wrap and other items I've ordered were like new and in such good condition.

A lot of the time people in Japan buy multiple copies to get all of the store-exclusive bonuses then throw the extras on the used market for next to nothing. What passes for 'Used' in Japan would be classed as 'Nearly New' in the UK.

R

Back