What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Have you tried Oxygen Updater? My old Nord wasn't supported by Sky Mobile so I got all my updates that way, though admittedly the 7 has just had it's final update recently anyway
I have, there is no update for the 5G version. It was a carrier phone built specifically for T-Mobile who abandoned it after a single OS update, a lot of people have asked OnePlus on their forums and they said they don't have control of what updates are available.

Received today, from Ebay:

My Girlfriend is Shobitch - Complete Series (Blu-ray)
Rent-A-Girlfriend - Season 1 Complete series (Blu-ray)

20230110_115806.jpg

Also, a couple of titles I received over Christmas,

Banished From the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside - Limited Edition (DVD/Blu-ray)
The Irresponsible Captain Tylor - OVA Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

20230110_115905.jpg

New arrivals!

wwOV3idh.jpg

8bZ7wh5h.jpg

fCHEREJh.jpg

IbEmfieh.jpg

unts dunts unts dunts, uber-materialist post incoming

20230113_181706.jpg

20230113_182010.jpg

20230113_182044.jpg

20230113_182158.jpg

20230113_182308.jpg

20230113_182547.jpg

Can't believe we're almost to the end of Berserk deluxe (for the moment) - the boat sure will get to its destination much faster this time around... Miura was generational talent, whew.

CURSE YOU @farzam1999 for planting this WKW seed in my materialist heart!!! Or bless you, maybe. Lovely release, everything looks incredible and feels great to the touch. Got it for a cool price too. Time for some Takeshi Kaneshiro and Tony Leung sweetness.

AOL saved my bacon from an eternity of mild disconfort at having part 1 of a release but not part 2 by having FMA. Conan too looks better completed!

Hope Tylor is as hilarious as it looks.

xoxo

2023 HAUL VER 1.2

NOPE_shake.gif

This haul includes one item arriving per day for this past week. Here we go.

hXjku0Rh.jpg

0EgFYLLh.jpg

3awuXkvh.jpg

First up from Monday, we have Ringo Lam's Full Alert (高度戒備) and Wild Search (伴我闖天涯) on Blu-ray distributed by Eureka Entertainment. With the upcoming release of Burning Paradise as part of Eureka's 2023 schedule I decided to go back and pick up the two films that came out a few years ago. One of them no longer has their first print stock but retailer Deff (which is where I ordered these two from) had stock of that version so that's handy.

dSFwu5kh.jpg

w2DwgQHh.jpg

On Tuesday, we go back to the Funimation UK days with one of their last & most delayed releases; Golden Kamuy Season 1 and Season 2. They didn't bother to release Season 3 which is a shame but at least Season 1 is available again considering the US set is OOP. Both of these were picked up through Zavvi as the sale plus the Red Carpet discount provided a good price point to get the sets.

fvFYP8ph.jpg

fKAYLiFh.jpg

On Wednesday, we have two Blu-rays that I picked up from Amazon UK. The big one was My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission as it finally went down in price (going for £9.99). Despite being a Crunchyroll UK release, it has a slipcase so I suspect big IPs will have some form of treatment going forward.

jCPD77Wh.jpg

cfMS5h7h.jpg

In addition I also picked up the MUBI UK release of Park Chan-wook's Decision to Leave (헤어질 결심) that just came out recently. This film I've heard is not his usual style hence its mixed reception but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

XrMJG1uh.jpg

Xn2EMIXh.jpg

On Thursday, the shojo film Love Me, Love Me Not arrived early from Anime Limited. This is their collector's edition Blu-ray package which looks nice. There is no English dub as expected but at least it got an English release in general. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

UhQk6MIh.jpg

On Friday I received two 4K Ultra HD films from HMV's 2 for £30 deal with David Leitch's Bullet Train and Jordan Peele's NOPE. I did not get the chance to watch Bullet Train at the cinema but I was able to see NOPE in IMAX. NOPE is one of those films that gets better the more you think about how it handles the commentary about film and the obsession of wanting to see things. It's also ******* scary when you think about one key aspect that occurs half-way but it's worth a watch when you can. The 4K release apparently includes the IMAX aspect ratio version which is great.

ig7cRlzh.jpg

Or1xYcQh.jpg

And arriving today we have the Blu-ray release of Liz and the Blue Bird, the Sound! Euphonium spin-off film, from Anime Limited. There's no extras on the disc and it uses the Shout/Eleven Arts disc released years ago, but it does have an English dub and a nice collector's set to go with it. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

CGZFIgdh.jpg

TZRln1Zh.jpg

Also arriving today is the 88 Films' new deluxe collector's edition Blu-ray release of Chen Chi Hwa's Snake and Crane Arts of Shaolin (蛇鶴八步) starring Jackie Chan. This film was part of the first batch of Jackie Chan releases from 88 and didn't get the best authoring, so with the success of their titles over the years they went back and gave it the treatment it deserved - new disc, new content, as well as a very nice collector's package.

Back