What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Lol, yellow subs just look dirty or stained to me, makes me want to spray them with bleach and run them through the washing machine... so I'm definitely a member of Team White Subs... :)

Since I got my cataract surgeries done on both eyes, I now have better than 20/15 vision without any glasses, so I can really appreciate being able to read subtitles clearly again - I think I can read them even faster now! 👍

Last edited:
Is the JP Emiya subtitled, farzam? I wasn't really planning to get that series at all, as it's probably a little too cutesy for me... I almost gagged on Prisma illya, lasted all of two episodes of that, so I won't need to buy any of those, lol.

I do have both of those JP box sets of Recalled Out Summer and the Type Moon 10th Anniversary Festival, good pick-ups!

Nope, none of these have English subs, I’ll have to rely on the Japanese I know to understand what’s happening. Tried some YouTube clips without subs, it went fairly well :D The 4 releases are pretty nice, even if the show was to get a NA release, I’d still keep these. They came out to 5,000 yen each + shipping and 25% in customs.

Currently on episode 3 of Prisma Illya, it’s alright so far, but I’d say Emiya Family is better :D But they’re two very different shows.

OK, thanks! I do have a few JP releases of series that are not English friendly, that I bought just for the awesome packaging - Made in Abyss, Violet Evergarden, Ancient Magus' Bride, and Space Battleship Yamato 2202 - but most of those series I've seen so many times that I wouldn't need any English to tell me what is going on anyway, lol.

20210813_221657.jpg

July/August haul. Got R&C used for 35 eur and Mario 3D for 35 too. Akira is from Zavvi all the way back when they did the Manga promotion. Wolf's Rain from the AL summer sale. Ori for 20 eur from Amazon.

Demon Slayer makes me ashamed of my words and deeds. Gonna re-watch until I convince myself it's a masterpiece and I didn't spend all that money because of a coolass packaging, great character and art design, one of my favorite settings in anime and beautiful audiovisual presentation.

Wait, that's actually OK as far as justifications go...

Also pictured my old DtB DVDs ♥

I was in EVA mode so my mind was blank for half the day after watching 3.0+1.01 so I forgot to mention the latest manga haul lol.

PvhLR2gh.jpg

R5HWyXKh.jpg

Starting off with The Dungeon of Black Company Volumes 3, 4 & 5 from publisher Seven Seas. Volume 3 should have been acquired back in June, but it's been having stock issues all over the place. I tried getting it through Book Depository, a few weeks passed and they failed to dispatch it. Then I moved it to Wordery on eBay, again a few weeks passed and they failed also (they listed it as in-stock so it's rather misleading, not to mention when they cancelled the order they didn't even refund me immediately so I responded back basically threatening to get eBay involved after a certain date passes and they eventually caved in). Anywho, I noticed Amazon got it back in stock so I just went screw it and ordered it with the 2020 volumes as well to save myself a lot of faff having to get the others.

9zlWkwsh.jpg

rPmnxtxh.jpg

p4zqO0Qh.jpg

In addition I also received Plus-Sized Elf Volume 6. This came out late last year and I was originally going to save it until Volume 7 came out, but the latter got delayed to September and I decided to get it sooner in case stock issues turn up.

MangaOwnJP TotalAll EN Vols up to 2020 Acquired?
Destiny Lovers48 [Final]Yes
The Dungeon of Black Company57Yes
GIGANT310 [Final]Yes
Monster Musume1417No
Plus-Sized Elf67Yes
World's End Harem912 [Final]Yes
World's End Harem: Fantasia38Yes
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs1124 [Final]Yes

1.jpeg
Honestly not sure if I'm going to keep this tbh, of the small amount of people I know that have it, 2 have some scratched discs and weird video glitches throughout the show (not even at the same timestamps so it seems to be specific to their discs, I assume due to the scratches). Don't really wanna risk opening it to find the same so might return it and just try get the US release on a sale or something.

Doing God's labor, @Geriatric hedgehog ! 🙏

All in all, looks quite lovely. Happy I managed to get it. Now, to discover if the series is actually good, when it arrives... The joys of blind buying 😎
It is the slice of life genre at its best in Yamada's very capable hands, so if you like SoL I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it. Though I'm sure you'll have no difficulty offloading it to a fan if so heh.
Demon Slayer makes me ashamed of my words and deeds. Gonna re-watch until I convince myself it's a masterpiece and I didn't spend all that money because of a coolass packaging, great character and art design, one of my favorite settings in anime and beautiful audiovisual presentation.
Heheh, you joker.

It is the slice of life genre at its best in Yamada's very capable hands, so if you like SoL I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it. Though I'm sure you'll have no difficulty offloading it to a fan if so heh.

Heheh, you joker.

I'm a huge sucker for slice of life, and music-centric is absolutely my thing, so I think I'll be alright! Thanks!

Yes, to my shame, I ended up caving. I don't have the courage to face you anymore after admiting the series was just ok lol

I wish I wasn't such a huge sucker for packaging and visuals urgh

Funnily enough I'm a big slice of life fan and yet this is one of the few series I can't stand lol. Weird since I've got a lot of favourites from the same magazine which are obviously influenced by the series.

I wish I wasn't such a huge sucker for packaging and visuals urgh
I don't blame you at all dude, your weakness is only human heh. As my current mess of a shelf will attest with its increasing number of collector's editions when I only used to collect standard ones, but I definitely have this forum to blame for that with everyone's pictures of the pretty boxsets!
Funnily enough I'm a big slice of life fan and yet this is one of the few series I can't stand lol. Weird since I've got a lot of favourites from the same magazine which are obviously influenced by the series.
Really?! That is interesting, why do you think that is? I'm trying to rack my brains to see if there is something about K-On I've missed relating to its SoL credentials...

Really?! That is interesting, why do you think that is? I'm trying to rack my brains to see if there is something about K-On I've missed relating to its SoL credentials...
Been a long time since I watched the series but it's probably because I just didn't like the characters, especially the club advisor. The story itself was also pretty boring and awkward at points. It's just a series I don't understand the appeal for.

Been a long time since I watched the series but it's probably because I just didn't like the characters, especially the club advisor. The story itself was also pretty boring and awkward at points. It's just a series I don't understand the appeal for.
Ah fair enough, enjoying a SoL is very much predicated on liking the characters, so that makes sense if you didn't. On the story side, I wouldn't have thought it was that different from any standard high-school SoL but I'm sure I'll be reminded when I re-watch with the blu rays, hopefully without all this scratch-gate people are reporting...

Back