What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

That stamp across the pages is savage desecration of a book. It blows my mind that a library would treat a book like that.
Some times you luck out with library books though.

Due to an unfortunate accident my HC copy of The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya got destroyed last week and found a library HC copy on ebay for £8, about 1/10th the cost of the other listings.

It hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it will be in a reasonable condition.

@ActionFaust @WMD i decided to Google map Ann Arbor District Library....its in Michigan. Actually the town is called Ann Arbor, its on the outskirts of Detroit and there are 5 Ann Arbor District libraries from what I can see.
Ann Arbor is a college town, that's where The University of Michigan is located. It's also the location of the State Theater where I stole an image of their marquee and photoshopped it into a Frey Theater image for my theater website - see at top of this very old page for the image comparison:

The Frey Theater Marquee Photos

That stamp across the pages is savage desecration of a book. It blows my mind that a library would treat a book like that.
Practicality has to come first when labelling library stock. It's in a library's interest to make a book less desirable from a collector's standpoint, since it discourages theft. The stamp across the edge is useful for a couple of reasons: it's an effective ownership mark because it can't be removed by ripping out one page, and it can help customers quickly find library-owned books at home if it winds up in a jumbled pile with their own stuff.

I received my final two orders from Rightstuf's Birthday sale today...

Babylon
Dororo
Ascendance of a Bookworm
Assassin's Pride CE Steelbook
Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth
Futurelog
Art Book
Your Name Visual Guide

5sentaiharlock.jpg

futlogynvg.jpg

7rsbdaysale.jpg
I love that cover art for Babylon. A series with such promise in the first half but just woeful for me in the second half down to that mind-numbing President character. What a shame...
I want a Dango plushie :D
Me too!

Some times you luck out with library books though.

Due to an unfortunate accident my HC copy of The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya got destroyed last week and found a library HC copy on ebay for £8, about 1/10th the cost of the other listings.

It hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it will be in a reasonable condition.
My library copy of Indignation arrived today. Corners are a bit bashed from being packaged in a baggy, pages are a bit yellowed(it is a 9 year old imprint), a barcode on the spine(should be easy to remove safely) and another on the front page with some glue residue where the log page was inserted, other than that it's in great condition.

Not bad for £8 when the next cheapest copy was £80.

IMG_20210811_135915.jpgIMG_20210811_135920.jpgIMG_20210811_135924.jpg

Good News: Finally got all volumes of Girls Last Tour

Bad News: This Amazon seller sent me a damn library copy
View attachment 20147View attachment 20148

Sure I was expecting a used copy but this is ridiculous
Got an update on this mess. Apparently the seller often take in overstock and old editions from libraries to sell with some of the proceeds going to charity. These library copies are usually indicated on their listings. Since this listing was missing this information they admitted their oversight and refunded me the full amount!

I'll keep this version for now until I find a proper copy. At least I got a fast and positive response in the end.

20210812_104528.jpg
Finally, the final volume of The Quintessential Quintuplets ∫∫ has arrived.

20210812_104748_2.jpg
Much like the other sets, Vol 5 contains a booklet containing character art, booklets of the recording script, a mini shikishi of the featured character (that being Itsuki here) and episodes 11-12 of the show.

20210812_105830_2.jpg
20210812_110148_2.jpg

And that's all of them. Glad to have them all, will intend to pick up at least a standard of any potential Funimation release (mostly for the dub but maybe, depending on the extras, an LE) and then it will be whatever happens with the finale film left. Please don't be 5 different versions with different art.

Back