What did you BUY today?

I wonder if that lack of BD resume memory may just be an issue with the model of player itself? My Oppo BD player remembers the resume points for multiple BDs - even if I stop and take a BD disc out and play other Blu-rays, I can put any of those discs back in even weeks later, and it remembers where I left off for multiple discs. Although, I haven't watched any live action movie BDs on it in almost 4 years, I only watch anime Blu-rays with it, so not sure if those would be any different.

huh, I actually haven't purchased or watched any live action movies since the spring of 2018. The last movies I bought on Blu-ray were Dunkirk, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, all 2017 movies. I haven't watched a single live action movie since. The last non-anime movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the 3rd Hobbit movie, way back in 2014. So much for me and Hollywood anymore. I'm totally anime now.

I wonder if that lack of BD resume memory may just be an issue with the model of player itself? My Oppo BD player remembers the resume points for multiple BDs - even if I stop and take a BD disc out and play other Blu-rays, I can put any of those discs back in even weeks later, and it remembers where I left off for multiple discs. Although, I haven't watched any live action movie BDs on it in almost 4 years, I only watch anime Blu-rays with it, so not sure if those would be any different.

huh, I actually haven't purchased or watched any live action movies since the spring of 2018. The last movies I bought on Blu-ray were Dunkirk, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, all 2017 movies. I haven't watched a single live action movie since. The last non-anime movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the 3rd Hobbit movie, way back in 2014. So much for me and Hollywood anymore. I'm totally anime now.

It seems to be a more common problem with films than series though I remember a couple of Kaze BDs that did it (older release of Code Geass Seasons 1 & 2 and One Punch Man Season 1 Collector's Edition). Obviously it goes without saying that I like anime but I enjoy other media too, and some of the films I got aren't Hollywood as such (from UK, some European ones).

Got all these as well :)

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec
Hannah and Her Sisters
Hans Christian Andersen (Danny Kaye, this was from Amazon Marketplace not Music Magpie)
Much Ado About Nothing (Joss Whedon)
The Purple Rose of Cairo*
Strings*
Unbreakable
Uptown Girls*
Water for Elephants
Working Girl
Yentl

Footloose*/Flashdance (Footloose is the original 80s version w Kevin Bacon)

HTi1AuX.jpg

A couple more mobile phone essentials, although I think I just purchased 128GB of storage for everything except apps since I can't move any app from phone storage to the SD card which I'm guessing is down to the custom version of android 10 go that is used on the phone I have.

I have only had a chance to shoot my Walther Q5 Match pistol one time since I bought it last year, mainly due to Covid and then all my ongoing health issues this year. But, I received an email notification from a third party company Taylor Freelance, who makes accessories for my pistol, offering some discontinued Walther accessories on sale for about 70% off - so I purchased a couple of 6-shot magazine extensions in blue aluminum (which matches the trigger color on the gun), and a couple in heavier brass, as well as both a blue aluminum and a brass magwell for the bottom of the grip. I want to compare the weight to see which ones I prefer for shooting, and hopefully test them at least in hand soon enough to order a few more of the ones I like before they go out of stock.

Ktldd0Ph.jpg

canik-brass.jpg

taylor-freelance-walther-ppq-plus-6-brass-magazine-extensions-made-of-brass-uspsa-3-gun-brass-mag-1.jpg

Hopefully by spring I will be well enough to get out to the local range to practice some actual target shooting. 👍

(I hope handguns are not a taboo topic on this UK forum!)

Last edited:
DtcrLYY.jpg

That Juice power bank went right back to argos as a lot of its charge would just disappear so I ended up getting my first smart watch (although it doesn't fully work with the Alcatel 1B I have as it doesn't support sending notifications to the watch which I'm guessing is another issue with the go version of android).

Another batch of items that are incoming:

Anime:

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled LE
Been meaning to check out this OVA series for years and now it's finally getting a UK release via Funimation. They're offering a LE which I've went for since the price was better than expected. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Death Parade LE
I watched this series years ago and liked it a lot. While it is a shame Anime Limited didn't release it, its at least getting a UK Region B release with an LE none-the-less. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Fire Force Season 1 Part 2 LE
Fire Force is a series that has been in limbo for my collection because of uncertainty in regards to the home video releases. Basically I held off until I was certain Funimation was going to offer an LE for Season 2 and eventually they did. The other factor was pricing and recently it went for £52 which was fine enough to get especially now that I have better income. Part 1 has arrived and Part 2 is expected to arrive either tomorrow or Saturday.

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life LE
One of the first anime shows I watched and among the titles that I wanted to own on home video for years. Ordered through UP1 so it won't be paid off until December.

Yusibu
Been meaning to check out this series for a while and I just remembered MVM offered the Blu-ray as part of their Deal of the Week so I went for it now in case it doesn't appear in their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

Asian Cinema:

Toshiaki Toyoda: 2005-2021 LE
Third Window Films a few years ago released Toshiaki Toyoda: The Early Years which was a pretty good selection of films from the director. It didn't sell well but surprisingly the distributor decided to offer a second box set, now with 6 films (3 of them are shorter-length). I've ordered it from Terracotta but should arrive later this month.

Manga:

Hitomi-chan is Shy With Strangers Vol. 1
Blind purchase but the art style, concept and main girl made me interested in the series.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? Vol. 1, 2, 3 & 4
Good lord this took way longer than expected. Basically thanks to Amazon banning the first few volumes, it was very hard to find stock for them. I got the pre-2021 volumes ordered together so I can get the series closer to being up-to-speed.

Monster Musume Vol. 15 & 16
The series has had a slow volume schedule but I figured now was a good time to get the remaining volumes. It took a while but that's fine by me.

Mo Dao Zu shi jigsaw.

Are you generally into jigsaws or is this cuz you really love Mo Dao Zu Shi? :)

I bought:

Food
A cutting mat
A craft knife
A pair of small fabric scissors
A high quality Japanese kitchen knife for my PA to use when prepping veg for my soups and whatnot
Two cute small trays for food and mugs
A mug with cute drawings of reindeer on it that says “oh deer” for my PA's birthday gift :)

Last edited:
Got some cool swag yesterday (also went food shopping in the morning, not pictured lol) :)

Attachments

• Cream White Knitted Gloves.jpg
    Cream White Knitted Gloves.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Ariadne Hardcover Jennifer Saint.jpg
    Ariadne Hardcover Jennifer Saint.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 0
  • A Poet for Every Day of the Year Hardcover Allie Esiri.jpg
    A Poet for Every Day of the Year Hardcover Allie Esiri.jpg
    890.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Warm Winter Trousers Lilac and White.PNG
    Warm Winter Trousers Lilac and White.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Warm Winter Trousers Pink and White.jpg
    Warm Winter Trousers Pink and White.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Green Necklace.jpg
    Green Necklace.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 2
An LG BP250 blu-ray player (because my old Phillips player started having issues with the disc tray not opening unless I use brute force and ignorance to get it working) as I was intending to get a pre-modded unit and wanted to make sure I could watch the early geo locked stuff I have (and for some unknown reason the unit I purchased has its country code set to Germany, but after finding the players full manual I found out how to change it also after I found out that I had to set up a pin to do so everything worked as intended) with this unit eventually becoming more of an audio player until I found out that it only has an HDMI output which means that I'm going to have to get an in between device to get standard audio outputs.

An LG BP250 blu-ray player (because my old Phillips player started having issues with the disc tray not opening unless I use brute force and ignorance to get it working) as I was intending to get a pre-modded unit and wanted to make sure I could watch the early geo locked stuff I have (and for some unknown reason the unit I purchased has its country code set to Germany, but after finding the players full manual I found out how to change it also after I found out that I had to set up a pin to do so everything worked as intended) with this unit eventually becoming more of an audio player until I found out that it only has an HDMI output which means that I'm going to have to get an in between device to get standard audio outputs.

And then there was a sandwich stuck in the built-in toaster component! :<

I bought three Humble bundles (the highest tiers for each) - Horus Heresy/Voices of Heresy Audiobooks, Lone Wolf and Cub and other Kazuo Koike Manga, and Creating Comics, Manga and Animation (thankfully as my computer's pretty new it won't be as much bother downloading all those files now) :)

Back