What did you BUY today?

Preordered from Base: Tales Of Arise(PS5,Standard release)- Thought about this game a while ago and just played the demo today,liked it so went ahead with the preorder.

Preordered from Shopto: Pokemon Brilliant Diamond(Switch)- Could not decide what version to get but ultimately decided on Diamond as I played the original Pearl last year, plus I like Dialga a bit more than Palkia.

Apart from food (they gave me free hot chocolate as well! 🥰 ) I purchased all these on Blu-ray from CEX, mostly with store credit, all upgrades from the DVD versions which I'm prob gonna donate to charity:

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs (already have the second one on BD)
Corpse Bride
Fantastic Mr Fox
Ice Age (probably not really interested in the sequels)
Monster House
Monsters Inc. (already have the prequel Monsters U on BD)
Mulan (1998) (won't be bothering with the DTV sequel)
Rango
Tarzan (1999) (I already own the midquel on DVD, haven't got around to watching it yet but The Nostalgia Critic liked it so I will give it a spin eventually)
Up
Wall-E

And these from Amazon US Global Store

Honey and Clover Season 1 BD
Honey and Clover Season 2 BD
Marmalade Boy Complete Series SD-BD
Victorian Romance Emma Season 1 BD
Victorian Romance Emma Season 2 BD

I got this manga! I've read it already and it's lovely. I picked it up on a whim because the cover attracted me but the description on the back tells you basically nothing (all it tells you is that a small town girl moves to the big city for high school) so I kinda went into it blind. I get the idea it's going to end up being a romance but with such a vague caption I'm not certain (usually a romance is pretty obvious just from reading the back), the characters are likeable and it's very fun and relatable. Has some really nice moments. It's super new so I will wait for volume 2!

mrPxomo.jpg

I got this manga! I've read it already and it's lovely. I picked it up on a whim because the cover attracted me but the description on the back tells you basically nothing (all it tells you is that a small town girl moves to the big city for high school) so I kinda went into it blind. I get the idea it's going to end up being a romance but with such a vague caption I'm not certain (usually a romance is pretty obvious just from reading the back), the characters are likeable and it's very fun and relatable. Has some really nice moments. It's super new so I will wait for volume 2!

mrPxomo.jpg

I love the cover it looks kinda gentle and soft like I don't know how to describe it but the lines are less sharp and hard than most cover art?

I think I just managed to order a PS5. :oops: Delivery won't be until the end of the month though, so I'm sure that will be a stress-free couple of weeks...

It only took three months of checking Hotstock notifications and sitting in online store queues for an hour at a time, over and over. The days when I could just go on Amazon and click Buy for a new console feel like a dim and distant memory.

I renewed my disabled railcard :) also I can't remember if I said on here but I ordered a new MacBook Pro at the end of last month and it's arrived now and I've got it all set up with all the data from my previous main computer :) I'm really enjoying it it's very fast and I'm gonna treat it right and turn it off most nights before bed so it will last longer :)

Wow that is lovely! May I ask where you got it? I'm looking for something nice to make a journal with.

I got it on Amazon, there are 4 cover options, I think they all have the same range of colour pages inside but not sure, it's generally butterfly themed, also it does say leather-bound so I am sorry if you have moral objections to that, I didn't compare prices anywhere else tbf, but it looked like it was worth what I paid for it on Amazon (around £15) there's also a video on the product page where someone shows you what it looks like and that it has a magnetic closer to keep the pages from falling out. It is lovely from what I can tell, thankyou for saying so! Happy journaling to you! :)

I got it on Amazon, there are 4 cover options, I think they all have the same range of colour pages inside but not sure, it's generally butterfly themed, also it does say leather-bound so I am sorry if you have moral objections to that, I didn't compare prices anywhere else tbf, but it looked like it was worth what I paid for it on Amazon (around £15) there's also a video on the product page where someone shows you what it looks like and that it has a magnetic closer to keep the pages from falling out. It is lovely from what I can tell, thankyou for saying so! Happy journaling to you! :)
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Now a days people are lazy is the first thing and getting cheap for the items by their expectation, they satisfied that. Only for this purpose they go for online purchase. Even i recently i bought a new pizza dough roller[1] and fire red cheats gba online from online store for my wife because the old one is broken and according to her cookware tends to burn quickly at high or medium flame, especially copper and iron. It is because the heavy metal base absorbs heat faster and remains hot for longer. Hence, it is essential to buy cookware that you can scrub and wash easily so ig it makes sense so yea
[1] 10 Best Pizza Dough Rollers of 2021 【For Baking】 - Foodie Geek

Last edited:
Went for a variety of items for the past day or two:

Anime:

ON-GAKU: Our Sound Blu-ray CE
Anime Limited's latest early bird title. Originally scheduled for October, but is now due for November instead. It is surprising that it's a shop exclusive, but that's probably down to its nicheness.

Asian Cinema:

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky DE
88 Films bringing more Category III Hong Kong films to the UK with Riki-Oh getting re-released with a better transfer and new packaging. It's scheduled a week earlier than estimated and 88 had stock issues so I decided to get it ordered through Amazon just in case it gets awol.

Robotrix DE
Another Category III Hong Kong film coming to the UK, now uncut for the first time for UK viewers. While Riki-Oh was Category III for violence, this one is more down to sex and apparently it's a James Bond spoof of sorts. Like Riki-Oh, stock issues got in the way so I decided to order it through Amazon.

Manga:

Destiny Lovers Vol. 5, 6 & 7
This one has been a mess to collect for more than the other have had in a while, and that's down to stock issues with Volumes 5 & 7. They were released this past year so it's not going out of print, but its annoying when the final 8th volume is due later this year and these lot are sold out. Blackwells apparently had stock so I ordered them over there and pricing-wise was better than Amazon for Volume 6 at least.

Prison School Omnibus Vol. 12, 13 & 14
The plan was to get the series completed before the Summer was over and I sort of managed to achieve it. Honestly I did not expect myself to get all of Prison School this quickly but thankfully I was able to get the series collected sooner than later. All three remaining volumes were ordered through Amazon.

Video Game:

Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars
The Conception franchise has been on my radar for years, and since Spike Chunsoft brought the remake/remaster of the first game to the west I decided to wait until the price was right before picking it up.

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
(see below)

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
Considering how poorly received the dancing spin-offs have done for Atlus, they're starting to go out of print at this point though that's mainly centred towards Persona 5's version because many prefer the soundtrack list to that game over Persona 3 (in other words, you can still get Persona 3's version without issue). Originally I was going to acquire the Japanese version but CeX had stock for a decent price so I figured why not. For Persona 3's version, I ordered it new from Base which will take a few additional working days to ship out.

An Aioli chicken rice box, a lemon and ginger crunch (ate at Leon), chocolate sauce and whole milk on ice, and ON-GAKU: Our Sound Blu-ray CE for £18 with Anime Unlimited discount code :)

I had to buy a new internet radio for my bedroom nightstand - my Grace Digital radio died because the Reciva gateway service shutdown, basically making the radio a boat anchor. I listen to Old Time Radio detective shows at night when I go to bed, and I let the radio just play all night long. I listen to the half-hour shows before I fall asleep, whenever I wake up at night, and in the morning before getting up. I ordered a cheap Ocean Digital WR-336N radio that uses the Skytunes service to replace it, an external ac adapter for it, and also a new $20 projection clock for my nightstand as well. I love to have the time displayed on the ceiling so I can easily see what time it is whenever I open my eyes at night.

510xbZT8b6L._AC_.jpg
images

Got all these on DVD secondhand from MusicMagpie (for anyone who's wondering why I didn't buy HD - 1. This is much cheaper 2. I don't really care much about HD for most live-action films. 3. I have found that a lot of BDs the player doesn't remember where you left off if the player gets turned off even without being switched off at the mains so because this drives me absolutely effin' mad when it happens I have decided to go with DVD so I can actually, radical-idea-I-know-guys, finish the films without having to faff around everytime I break for 20minutes.) Anyway I'm super looking forward to getting all of them, I have marked all the ones I've already seen with an asterisk :)

The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Birds
The Breakfast Club*
Ever After: A Cinderella Story*
Forrest Gump*
Four Weddings and a Funeral*
It's Great to Be Young!*
Lawn Dogs*
The Matrix*
Men in Black*
The Opposite of Sex*
Paperhouse
Pleasantville*
Radio Days*
The Sixth Sense*
Vertigo

Titanic*/The Man in the Iron Mask*/Romeo + Juliet* (already have R + J but it’s better value than getting the other two films separately)
A Tale of Two Cities/Oliver Twist/Great Expectations (the latter two are the B&W David Lean versions)
Jumanji*/Hook*/Zathura - A Space Adventure (already have Hook but cheaper)
The Sound of Music*/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang*/The King and I (already have TKAI was a gift but money saved)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory*/Wizard of Oz*/Black Beauty* (already have The Wizard of Oz but saved money)
West Side Story/Guys and Dolls/Fiddler On the Roof* (the one I most wanted was Fiddler on the Roof but the other two films are also of interest to me)

Last edited:
Back