What did you BUY today?

Couldn't see this in the Sainsbury's I work in the other day, but random walked past the DVD section in my smaller local store and spotted it. That's another DVD sorted for my little sister (for next year though). No bonus cards this time, unlike with Your Name.
DSC_2740.JPG

Now that I have the funds once again I have continued my venture into getting more manga books. But there's a new problem - a few titles that I want to support and continue owning were blocked by Amazon and/or Book Depository and combine that with the stock shortage problems caused by the pandemic it's going to be a bumpy road.

So today I was able to order Volumes 4, 5, 6 & 7 for World's End Harem via Blackwells. Hive also has the volumes in stock except for Volume 4 which is currently suffering from stock issues across most places. It will take a while for the books to arrive but that's fine by me as long as they are here safe and sound.

These four volumes were released in English throughout the year of 2019 which is why I ordered them all at once. 2020 caused delays in scheduling the later releases so only Volume 8 came out (March) with Volume 9 scheduled for November. I'm considering going through an approach where buying the volumes in batches, based on the year they were released, will probably be the way to go for my hauls in the future so that way I can look back and go "okay I got the volumes from that year sorted at least".

The first stage is to get Monster Musume (15 released, 17 in total so far), World's End Harem (8 released, 12 in total) and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (10 released, 23 in total) close to being up-to-date as soon as I can, then the second stage will go for the other Seven Seas/Ghost Ship titles like Destiny Lovers (3 released, 8 in total), Plus-Sized Elf (5 released, 7 in total so far) and World's End Harem: Fantasia (2 released, 4 in total so far).

I bought a copy of Seasons 1 & 2 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya on Blu-ray from Ebay, the slipcover is missing but I don't usually care about those. Looking forward to receiving it and finally watching it from start to finish :) Will try to get Disappearance of Haruhi soon as well :)

Just to add to the humble bundle.

Volumes 1-6 of Princess Resurrection epub are actually the Princess Resurrection Nightmare epubs.

(vols 4-6 aren't meant to be in the bundle)

So download before they fix it for DRM-free copies. (PDF/CBZ versions are the original volumes as intended)

So I discovered that recently a Spanish version of Psycho Pass Sinners of the System came out. The language options are Japanese or Spanish with Spanish subtitles so I realise there wont be many here who can make use of it but as it's hard to find here anyway though I mention it. Its 35 euros on amazon spain atm.

I found a copy of AL's collectors edition for Baccano at an ok price but in great condition. I took the plunge for the upgrade as it's one of my favorites (I want to rewatch it actually so hey).

MOAR MANGA!

uZCSRrol.png
XUXdAb6l.png

I was in a mood to pick up more manga volumes and while browsing the retailers, Blackwells once again had solid prices for Plus-Sized Elf volumes 4 & 5. Volumes 4 & 5 are the current volumes available that I have yet to own (Vol.6 is out this December).

Acquired MangaVols Owned/Avail.Status
Destiny Lovers1 / 4 (5)8 Volume series (Part 1)
Monster Musume3 / 15 (16)
Plus-Sized Elf3 / 5 (6)
World's End Harem7 / 8 (10)12 Volume series (Part 1)
World's End Harem: Fantasia1 / 2 (4)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs6 / 10 (12)23 Volume series
Manga Wishlist/ConsiderationsVols Avail.Status
12 Beasts77 Volume series (Cancelled by Author)
Creature Girls: A Hands-On Field Journal In Another World4 (5)
GIGANT2 (4)Finishing soon in Japan
Harukana Receive5 (6)10 Volume series
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?3 (5)
The Ideal Sponger Life6 (7)
Kingdom of Z2
Parallel Paradise2 (4)
Peter Grill And The Philosopher's Time2 (4)

I ordered some Pokemon figures (Greninja, Lucario, Umbreon and Espeon).

I've been trying to get Greninja for absolutely months (it's not coming out here for some reason) and I finally found it on Amazon US for the normal price!

I haven't bought a video game in a while which is odd but in this instance it's status changed from "later when it's cheaper" to "emergency it's OOP mode".

sqM02rel.png

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen has (no pun intended) fallen thanks to NIS America's incompetence in handling physical releases in the same way that Danganronpa 3 and Ys VIII were treated. It's basically non-existent and it only came out a few months ago. It never went below the SRP price and I had no choice but to haunt down a copy via CeX because it's just gone. My assumption is that NISA saw the sales for Utawarerumono Zan (which is a spin-off action game that isn't well loved by fans) and felt the franchise sells terribly so they cut short the print run for the remake of the first game.

It's fortunate that I had enough funds to grab a copy but this is just infuriating. It's annoying how unpredictable these sort of things are.

I'll say this though - if you are a fan of Falcom, Legend of Heroes & Ys - don't bother waiting and just buy Trails of Cold Steel IV and Ys IX at full price. It's too much of a gamble to hold out because I can guarantee those won't last very long.

I haven't bought a video game in a while which is odd but in this instance it's status changed from "later when it's cheaper" to "emergency it's OOP mode".

sqM02rel.png

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen has (no pun intended) fallen thanks to NIS America's incompetence in handling physical releases in the same way that Danganronpa 3 and Ys VIII were treated. It's basically non-existent and it only came out a few months ago. It never went below the SRP price and I had no choice but to haunt down a copy via CeX because it's just gone. My assumption is that NISA saw the sales for Utawarerumono Zan (which is a spin-off action game that isn't well loved by fans) and felt the franchise sells terribly so they cut short the print run for the remake of the first game.

It's fortunate that I had enough funds to grab a copy but this is just infuriating. It's annoying how unpredictable these sort of things are.

I'll say this though - if you are a fan of Falcom, Legend of Heroes & Ys - don't bother waiting and just buy Trails of Cold Steel IV and Ys IX at full price. It's too much of a gamble to hold out because I can guarantee those won't last very long.

Yeah Nisa haven't been doing so hot lately. This reminds me I need to keep an eye on 13 sentinals (although not Nisa I'm scared it might meet a similar fate)

Back