What did you BUY today?

Managed to bag a copy of the US release for Avengers: Age of Ultron on 4K Blu Ray from an eBay seller new for around £17.
Managed to find a copy of The Avengers on 4K Blu Ray from a different eBay seller to replace the 3D Edition I have (I have a few 3D BDs which will more than likely never be used again). Using my Monzo card for both meant that I saved around a pound due to their slightly more favourable exchange rate.

Yep, they're used, but for a third of the price I'm not complaining. They still have the 3rd one for around 10 bucks now. It's through Amazon third party, and they have shipping with tracking.
Any idea if they include slipcovers? Edit: I’ve messaged them to check, though sometimes Amazon sellers never get back to you sadly.

Last edited:
Since I throw slipcovers out, I don't care if they are included or not lol. But good idea to check with them, and it sometimes says in their description. All the times I've bought from Decluttr and Go_Peachy (those two that sell releases cheap), everything has arrived with slipcover.
Well if you ever have any slips that you don’t want I may be interested depending on whether I end up without them!

Sure thing, every 4K/anime slipcover I've got went directly in the trash lol. But not for my Eureka HK films, Dragon Ball Z, Ghibli, 2001 4K or The Matrix 4K.

EDIT: The Lion King 4K can also be purchased from them for $8.xx + shipping.
I’ll see if they get back to me, hopefully it’s not just a generic response email.

3 gave me £5 to spend on Google Play Store so I brought the Mari Okada biography: From Truant to Anime Screenwriter: My Path to “Anohana” and “The Anthem of the Heart” which was just under £5, so technically I didn't "buy" it, but whatever!

Ordered some Laid-Back Camp merch from AmiAmi:
Laid-Back Camp 8bit Rearrange Soundtrack
New Illustration Rin Shima Acrylic Stand

It's amazing how much merch this series has.

I have a 3D projector in my basement theater to watch the movie in 3D on a 120" screen, but I don't yet own a 4K TV or projector for the 4K disc - I just want to have it for the future when I finally do retire the 12 year old 52" TV in my living room.
Good luck finding 100% native 4K projector and the only one I know of is laser based but it is not 3D capable.

I'm not really looking for a 4K projector, because like you mentioned, almost none of the 4K projectors that are available (they do exist) still support 3D. I have a much greater need and desire for 3D capabilities, because I am a huge fan of 3D and have almost 200 3D movies in my collection. I just watched Alita in 3D a few weeks ago with some friends; 3D still looks pretty awesome on a big projection screen. I did purchase a 4K/3D release of Alita, so I'll have a 4K copy of the movie for the future. In my statement I was inferring that I would get a 4K TV once my current 2K one dies, or is retired or repurposed.

Back