What did you BUY today?

A CD on Amazon, because that was the only place I could find it for sale. Sad times. Where am I gonna get the new Mountain Goats album, I sure as Hell won't be getting that from Amazon, they want £20.11 for it (if I thought that extra markup was going to the artists I'd be okay with it, but I know it's going into Jeff Bezos' tax avoiding pockets, at least on the occasions he's wearing trousers). Where does one even obtain an audio CD these days? HMV online is dead, Zavvi stopped doing music and I never even noticed, Base and Zoom have utterly crap selection...

On the plus side, it's been long enough now that Amazon gave me another 30 day free trial of Prime, so I'm going to watch a load of anime.

Last edited:
Direct from the artist themselves?
The Mountain Goats - Music
I did think of that, new one (In League With Dragons) ain’t on there. Plus that would be coming from the US and while I don’t know for a fact in this case, postage is usually prohibitively expensive from these artist stores. It’s on Bandcamp for $13, but postage is £11.90. For a single CD. I daren’t even look how much it is for the vinyl.

Last edited:
Digital download plus one of these? 😉
sony-blank-disc-cd-r-100-cds-pack-700mb-uganda.jpg
as long as there's no DRM BS!

Well the digital version is available in FLAC and it’s only $8... I like my CD collection though. Could do that and then pick up a physical copy when I see them in November.

Well the digital version is available in FLAC and it’s only $8... I like my CD collection though. Could do that and then pick up a physical copy when I see them in November.
You beat me to the punch for my next suggestion! You going to one of the Leeds gigs I'm guessing?
Also it might not be on their store because it's not out yet.
I severely lacking in space, so I haven't brought a physical album in years.

You beat me to the punch for my next suggestion! You going to one of the Leeds gigs I'm guessing?
That’s the plan. Tickets go on sale in... 41 minutes. And my CD collection is literally in a storage unit, that’s how much space I don’t have...

Edit: Huh, didn’t notice they’d added an extra Leeds date. Might do both. I was there in 2010, can’t believe how long ago that was.

Edit #2: Tickets bought (thread relevant) but even though I bought them separately, I managed to buy two tickets for one night instead of one for each. Dammit. I hope they can exchange one of them.

Last edited:
URGH well over the last 2 days I spent a few quid, or should I say slightly more than £2,000 on....

Moped (Suzuki 113 Address)
Insurance
Tax
Gear

So guess how much money I have left :) (Clue... not much)

Had to get a new washing machine 🤣 constant second hand ones and the one we have now just conked out. The Brother left the kitchen in a right mess of it too, oh the joy of coming home from a night shift to that

Back