What did you BUY today?

Bought these Saturday:

Manga:
House of Five Leaves vol 1
Blue (Yes a very basic title for a manga, its also a full volume)
We Were There volumes 1 and 2
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya volume 4

Music albums:
XX Teens - Welcome To Goon Island - £1
Tapes 'n' Tapes - Walk It Off - £2

Game:
Nier Xbox 360

Round that off with trainers and some sweets.

Eh Waterstones don't actually ever do an age check as far as I'm aware, like magazines in Smiths. I guess one reasson they don't do it is because they might not even know there are age things, ad also I'm sure they only have guidances things on them like "older teen" etc. rather than age things.

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
stu, how did you get past the age check for Sundome? :D

(presuming there is one. Although I can't actually remember how bad volume 1 was)

I assume it most have been somewhat bad, it was shrink wrapped, but an age check?
Well, no, I guess not, but I could easily imagine an outcry... somewhere, if younger teenagers were freely picking up stuff like Sundome.

Fallout: New Vegas.

At £37.70, the most expensive computer game I've ever bought. Agonized over it for a while, but finally snapped and nipped to Tesco just in time to nab the last PS3 copy off the shelf.

Waitrose have started selling Guaraná Antarctica on a trial basis.

A can of this strange elixir is now being stored within my refrigeration unit. I shall report back once I have consumed it.

I bought myself a nice little stack of manga, before realising I'd spent the money I was saving for the expo. Woops.... I feel bad... anyway:
Deathnote 9 & 10
Code Geass Suzaku of the Counterattack 2
Monster 1
D. Gray-Man 2

An update on the can of Guaraná: I would describe the taste as being equally resemblant of iron brew (sic) and cherryade. Quite pleasant, if a little overstated in its sweetness.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Aogu said:
I bought myself a nice little stack of manga, before realising I'd spent the money I was saving for the expo. Woops.... I feel bad... anyway:
Deathnote 9 & 10
Code Geass Suzaku of the Counterattack 2
Monster 1
D. Gray-Man 2

lol, as long as your pleased with what you got, its all good though, right?

Yeah pleased with it. But its never great finding you suddenly have £30 less than you thought... still MANGA TIME! :D

Fallout New Vegas

So it was £25 on Game's website, and I figured hey, I was going to Cardiff today so I may aswell pick it up, right? Wrong. It's £30 in store, and that pissed me right off.

I'll wait a few days for delivery, so I got it online for £25.

This game better not disappoint now xD

Godot said:
Fallout New Vegas

So it was £25 on Game's website, and I figured hey, I was going to Cardiff today so I may aswell pick it up, right? Wrong. It's £30 in store, and that pissed me right off.

Aww there always like that and I hate it, at least the HMV site says it will differ in store while the game site never say that, but it always does!

Aogu said:
Godot said:
Fallout New Vegas

Aww there always like that and I hate it, at least the HMV site says it will differ in store while the game site never say that, but it always does!

Well what's even more annoying is I got the number for Game in Cardiff, but it's all automated, so I couldn't ask about the instore price. It's so annoying. I could have had it 1-2 days earlier if they'd just let me speak to a human on the other end of the damn phone >.<

A uniqlo Argyle cardigan
Uniqlo flannel shirt in black/white
4 vests from Primark
2 t-shirts from H&M
Jacket from H&M

Would seem i've had a clothes overhaul since i've had none for so long, haha. Now i'm left with little money for the expo though- so i'll probably just look for cheap manga xD

Back