What did you BUY today?

fabricatedlunatic said:
I tried to like Grim Fandango but the controls and obscure puzzles killed my interest. I wasn't in tune with the game's logic and found myself continually looking at a walkthrough. That's not much fun.
Aha, you clearly never developed Lucasarts LogicTM. That's something you have to learn from a young age, I think. Lucasarts adventure games exist for obscure puzzles. If you needed a walkthrough for Grim Fandango I can only imagine how hard you'd rage at Monkey Island 2 haado modo or Zac McKracken & The Alien Mindbenders.

The basic rule is no matter how ridiculous, if something's even remotely possible then that's probably the answer. Hence you can use a fish bowl as a impromtu space helmet, or you can use fondue cheese to repair a ship's hull. If you're a student of Lucasarts Logic you laugh and facepalm, thinking "why didn't I see that earlier" - if not, you either eye-roll or rage at the stupidity.

The Broken Sword games are very good though. And Grim Fandango's control system can be a bit of a pain. I like an inventory I can just click on instead of having to cycle through it every time.

Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Deadly Legacy and Pax Dei for Ars Magica
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6

Dracos said:
Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6
Might I ask if you plan to consume all those items, save of course the ticket, on the train?

Zin5ki said:
Dracos said:
Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6
Might I ask if you plan to consume all those items, save of course the ticket, on the train?

Who the heck consumes headphones, Deadly Legacy and Pax Dei for Ars Magica or comics?

Spyro201 said:
Zin5ki said:
Dracos said:
Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6

Who the heck consumes headphones, Deadly Legacy and Pax Dei for Ars Magica or comics?

Oh you've never tried?? O_O

Spyro201 said:
Zin5ki said:
Dracos said:
Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6
Or, for that matter, Starbucks coffee? ;D

Okay, okay, I admit it. I have. But only in situations where I couldn't avoid it. Like America.

Zin5ki said:
Dracos said:
Train Ticket
Comics
iPhone headphones
Burger King
Starbucks Mocha
Ginger Beer
Fanta Orange
Newcastle Brown Ale x 6

Nope. I only actually consumed the ginger beer on the train. Fanta and Newcastle Brown were bought in the corner shop on they way home from the station. I don't normally do Starbucks as it is too expensive but I was in Borders and I suddenly fancied a coffee. Of course I did the Macwhore thing and got out my iPhone. For some reason I was stupidly thirsty yesterday even though it was not especially hot. The iPhone headphones were some cheap £15 ones from HMV to see if they were any louder than the apple ones as podcasts seem to be getting quieter and I can bearly hear them sometimes. The Ars Magica books are for my RPG collection.

We went to the barrio filipino festival in Hounslow today, all good fun, loved it there. I'd just like to share that I bought a Manny Pacquiao printed t-shirt today. I'm very proud of it and will probably wear it to death now.

Bought a fair bit today in town:

Batman: Gotham Knight
Courtney Pine: Transition in Tradition CD
Metal Gear Solid 2
Zone of the Enders
Haven: Call of the King
Dynasty Tactics(all four where 4 for 10, so i technically got MGS and Haven for a penny each ;p)

Yuvie said:
We went to the barrio filipino festival in Hounslow today, all good fun, loved it there. I'd just like to share that I bought a Manny Pacquiao printed t-shirt today. I'm very proud of it and will probably wear it to death now.

Hey, I live not terrifically far from where this was held and had no idea it was happening! :(

Nasty council put up signs warning of an "event" but gave no details. It sounded fun in retrospect. Next year for sure...

R

Yeah, it was a great day, I love the filipino people. Absolutely packed compared to previous years.

The signage was pretty poor, not even one sign coming into Hounslow.

Arbalest said:
Metal Gear Solid 2

Duuuude. That game kicks major ass. I remember it was the first game on the PS2 i'd ever played. The PS2 was my Dads Birthday present (lol) and after he'd spent a little while on it (Before I had got up) he said I could go on it. So I loaded up MGS and man- at the time the graphics blew my freakin' mind. I love that game so much.

Went to London Film and Comic Con for the first time today
Didn't buy much~
2x strawberry pocky - I haven't had any in aaaaaages *_*
2x white t-shirts Scarface and 2000AD Slaine- Kiss My Axe

Oban Star Racer for my Bro. T'was a decent series in its own way, but Ryo's been saying he'd buy it himself. Ain't I nice? *Flickers eyelashes*

Hounslow is a great place, I used to enjoy working there & surrounding areas, really got to know the place. There's some really interesting places round the outskirts of West London.

Chaos, it's worth checking out. They normally do it about the same time every year. It was absolutely packed this year and the atmosphere was fantastic.

There's another filipino festival this weekend in Milton Keynes, on a smaller scale. I've only been there once but that was about 6/7 years ago so I'm not sure what to expect this time.

Back