What did you BUY today?

The priority site is broken since yesterday. I'm trying to get a ticket on the phone now, but I'm unsure they will let me =(

Livenation has pre-sales starting in a minute though.

Edit: it's been removed at 9:02

Far Cry 2 and Burnout Paradise (Ultimate). Felt like some new games to play and they were 2 for £30 at HMV.

-----

Looking back, no-one got where 'Filthy Assistants' was from? Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan. Shame on you all (delivered via a bowel disruptor).

A cooked chicken. A roasted chicken. A chicken that has been fired in an oven. A Morrison's chicken called "Morrison". (I decided to name it. ;) )
I guess the main "vocal point" is that I bought a chicken from Morrisons for dinner tonight.

I asked for it and I've now got it. Which is awesome. My mother purchased Star Trek XI on BD. Can't wait to watch it (and all of its special features) hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.

So eager to see it again.

mangaman74 said:
SILVER AXEL HELIUM VIP PASS - Pay to get free postage from Axel Music if that makes sense.

The silver pass lasts for 3 months.

I have started to order a fair bit from Axelmusic when it is not under £18 at playusa, but I am not sure whether the helium pass is worth it.

Yesterday I decided to join the blu-ray world. I bought a Sony BDP-S360 blu-ray player with multi-region DVD play back from richer sounds. Feels a bit plastic but not surprising for the money. Picture is good at 1080i through my 1080i projector and the DVD upscale picture is pretty good but on one thing I tried it looked a little soft.

I also buy a fair few items from Axel. I figured I would go for the 3 month pass as a trial.

If the overal postage cost during the 3 month period is less than the cost of the pass then I will not buy another one. One thing worth noting is that more bd releases are costing over £18.00 hence I am buying more of them from Axel. The only bd releases less than £18.00 are films at the moment.

Currently I have gained £4.00 back since I have placed my first order with the pass. The order consisted of

Fullmetal Alchemist - The Conqueror Of Shamballa (Blu-ray)
Clannad After Story - Collection 1 (DVD)

I have thought about the year one to get the 2% off as well, but £108 (119.99 euro) or whatever it works out at is a lot in one go. Although just on a quick look through my orders I have ordered 60-70 items in about 8 months of using them. So at an average of £3 postage per item (Seems mostly to be between £2-£5) I would have already paid for the card and made back most of the price of a second. I just don't know how long I will keep on using them though if the exchange rate makes it worth my while importing direct again.

I agree, £108 is a lot to pay in one go. That is why I went for 3 months as a trial. I will see how the market goes over the period, how mucn I buy & how the exchange rate goes.

At the moment it I am using either playusa or Axel for my imports as UP1 are more expensive.

The one concern is if Axel do a shipping promo like they have done in the past such as free shipping or £1.00 shipping. If they do something like that then it will make the pass less attractive.

For the record I did make a list of things that I will buy & thing I may buy over the period. I waited till now to buy the pass as there are several bd releases due out around February/March next year.

At the moment, by my estimate I will at least breakeven if I buy all the bd releases on my list. If I buy some of the dvds, like Clannad After Story Part 2, and all of One Piece Season 2, then it should prove to have been worth it.

After thinking about it for a while depending on the money situation after Crimbo I might well pick up the platinum pass. Looking at it if I keep ordering at the rate I am I would be in credit within about six months so the card would pay for itself twice. Also with Playusa having to put a lot of things over £18 because they are coming out as box sets, I will probably be ordering more from Axelmusic. Also they are just that bit cheaper than United Publications and Otaku.co.uk where I have picked up the odd bit. I really don't think I will be ordering direct from the US for a while well not until we get back to $1.80 to the £1.00 which may never come again.

Because I'll probably never get to post anything neat/anime/game purchase related.
Today I bought: 2 litres of Motor Oil and some Coolant/Antifreeze.
Yea, that was my evening... Ebil car.

Nyani said:
Because I'll probably never get to post anything neat/anime/game purchase related.
Today I bought: 2 litres of Motor Oil and some Coolant/Antifreeze.
Yea, that was my evening... Ebil car.

Don't drink it all at once :p

I bought a curry and trimmings for tea as I could not be arsed to cook after being stuck in traffic on the way home.

2 little bowls so bf and I can still have ice cream when he's down here. One of the previous 2 bowls slipped when I was washing dishes and broke the other night, so the flat was down to one which my flatmate hogs...
And a pyrex baking dish that's half the size of my current for when I just cook for us. :p
*add* I forgot, I also bought a large food storage container with smaller ones in it. Christmas is coming, I will bake, and I will need to transport some to James + his mom. :p

Back