What did you BUY today?

Yamada Sagiri from Hell's Paradise
Hell%27s_Paradise_Jigoku_Raku_-_Yamada_Asaemon_Sagiri_Vibration_Stars_PVC_Statue.jpg

Ordered a few art books from CDJapan: one by Wakame Konbu (author of The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) and the 20th anniversary art book of Vanillaware Games. Never used CDJapan before but they let me pay for VAT in advanced so that's appreciated.

Ordered a few art books from CDJapan: one by Wakame Konbu (author of The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) and the 20th anniversary art book of Vanillaware Games. Never used CDJapan before but they let me pay for VAT in advanced so that's appreciated.
Unless it's got CDs attached which makes it mixed media then books are VAT free, you shouldn't need to pre-pay VAT.

The pre-paying seems to be new for CDJapan, I've ordered some books and choose to not pre-pay VAT as I knew they are VAT free. Plus everything I've got from CDJapan has got through with no charges.

Unless it's got CDs attached which makes it mixed media then books are VAT free, you shouldn't need to pre-pay VAT.

The pre-paying seems to be new for CDJapan, I've ordered some books and choose to not pre-pay VAT as I knew they are VAT free. Plus everything I've got from CDJapan has got through with no charges.
So would you suggest cancelling my order and placing a new one with no VTA?

So would you suggest cancelling my order and placing a new one with no VTA?
That's your choice but if it was me I would. You've paid for something that you don't need to. As long as they mark it as books on the delivery note/customs form then there is no VAT.

Also double check the description of the items to make sure there's no bonus cd/dvds attached.

Just to double check but you are in the UK right?

That's your choice but if it was me I would. You've paid for something that you don't need to. As long as they mark it as books on the delivery note/customs form then there is no VAT.

Also double check the description of the items to make sure there's no bonus cd/dvds attached.

Just to double check but you are in the UK right?
Yep I'm in the UK.

I've just double checked and there are no CDs or discs included. In which case I will cancel and get a cheaper order (or at worst just pay the VAT later).

Thank you so much.

Yep I'm in the UK.

I've just double checked and there are no CDs or discs included. In which case I will cancel and get a cheaper order (or at worst just pay the VAT later).

Thank you so much.
All I can talk about is my experience but I've never paid custom/VAT charges on orders from CDJapan which have included expensive blu rays.

Thank you all the same. I've been able to cancel most of my order but I've needed to send in an email to see if an outstanding item can be cancelled. The site won't let that go through for whatever reason so hopefully they get back me.

In any case you've helped me save some money. And I'll keep the note about blu rays in mind as well.

Another voice acting legend. That's the third one I'm waiting for. The others being Jennifer Hale (who i understand is doing a signing event in September) and Roger Craig Smith (the current Sonic The Hedgehog voice)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230724_200500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230724_200500_Samsung Internet.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 5
@Girls with Guns Haven't been on here for a while and just read what happened to you last month. Lucky escape man, glad to hear you're okay.

Got Arrow Video's Bruce Lee at Golden Harvest (4K) set through the post today. A lot of people who bought theirs direct from Arrow have been raging because they've packaged them terribly and they arrived damaged. Thankfully I got mine from HMV and it was fine. It particularly sucks that the Arrow webstore exclusive version with alternate art that was only available at Arrow's website is now sold out and so they can only be replaced with the regular set.

There are soooo many Region A anime discs I'm after at the moment but the postage and import fees are a killer lately so I haven't bought anything for a while. I'm going to treat myself on payday though and make some big orders as I'm owed a lump sum from work this month and just got confirmation it's on its way :)

Attachments

• 20230725_103905.jpg
    20230725_103905.jpg
    722.9 KB · Views: 1
"Angel" - X Japan's first new single in eight years. Worth getting just for the fact that X Japan are the main reason why Elon Musk's rebranding of Twitter Japan can't go ahead in the way he wanted because the band already own all the trademarks for the name.

A new bed. The leg on my old bed (it's 20 years old) decided to collapse last night. So at 1am I had to a stop gap fix. My new bed will be delivered in the next 10 days.

A new bed. The leg on my old bed (it's 20 years old) decided to collapse last night. So at 1am I had to a stop gap fix. My new bed will be delivered in the next 10 days.

Oof. I hope your new bed is really comfortable and you sleep really well on it! Are you ok? I slept on a slightly broken bed and got really bad back pain that took about 2 weeks to heal once, so not to worry you unduly but be careful :)

Oof. I hope your new bed is really comfortable and you sleep really well on it! Are you ok? I slept on a slightly broken bed and got really bad back pain that took about 2 weeks to heal once, so not to worry you unduly but be careful :)
The actual bed frame is okay, it's just the one leg. I've got it propped up, so I'm sleeping fine.

Ordered a divan bed, came with mattress and headboard.

Three of the best soundtracks of the decade, all released within two weeks of each other.

1690993507481.png1690993536309.png

They're massive, too.
Gundam: The Witch from Mercury - 3.5 hours
Final Fantasy XVI - 8 hours
Xenoblade 3 - 9 hours

Baldur's Gate III, first time I've bought a game at full price on release day for about a decade (ten minutes before release because I'm told this nets me the digital deluxe content, whatever that is). This better be good.

Back