What did you BUY today?

crWlSR5.jpg

qccBM45.jpg

eYYuBXd.jpg

ps4 pro & stand. managed to get a 4k tv from my dad (he's just not using it, he's with his gf most of the time) and apparently he'll get a good stand from her family too (the legs on the 4k are wide)

The London docklands gig was the first time I had heard of jmj I remember seeing the lasers from my bed room and they had to divert aircraft due too the lasers and for some reason you don't see the lasers in the video i think they were reflected off a big round mirror like a disco ball.

Placed my order yesterday for the JP Limited Edition Release of Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel I: Presage Flower (subbed) from Amazon.co.jp, It should arrive here on Thursday. I also used the trick of ordering a NewType Magazine with it, to ensure that it ships shrink wrapped to a cardboard plank-in-a-box instead of a bubble mailer. Since July of last year, when Amazon JP started using bubble mailers, I've had 4 anime sets damaged in shipping in the bags, and it's real pain returning them to Japan - but the large magazine trick works every time to ensure they ship properly in a box. It's an extra ¥800 on the order, but it's definitely worth it for peace of mind - plus, you get all kinds of really nice goodies inside the magazine - Posters, Calendars, Clear Files, Sticker Sheets, Fold-outs with artwork nice enough to frame, etc...

Well hope it works out that way. Had ordered Heaven’s Feel some time ago together with an A4 artbook, but Amazon JP just decided to send the artbook by it’s own after some time. Same did happen with another order, Gundam Origin VI to be exact.

Maybe i should just cancel Heaven’s Feel and re-order it, because it has not shipped yet.

Do have Bandit Flower underway together with a newtype magazine, and if everything goes OK it should arrive tomorrow.

[edit]
Well cancelling Heaven's Feel didn't work as it's already in the shipping process it seems, so i'll probably receive an email in the next hours regarding it being shipped. Oh well fingers crossed then i guess ;)
[/edit]

Last edited:
Well hope it works out that way. Had ordered Heaven’s Feel some time ago together with an A4 artbook, but Amazon JP just decided to send the artbook by it’s own after some time. Same did happen with another order, Gundam Origin VI to be exact.

That's the only drawback of including a magazine with your pre-order - you have to wait until just a couple days before the release date of the Blu-ray to prevent them from shipping the magazine separately. Even if you check the box to ship items in as few shipments as possible, they'll just ignore that if the availability of the items is more than a few days apart - I've pre-ordered items with release dates only a week apart and they shipped separately.

It seems Amazon JP started using bubble mailers for anime around July of 2017. Before that all my anime orders from them always shipped in a box with the anime shrink-wrapped to a cardboard panel glued to the bottom of the box, or what I call a "plank-in-a-box". I've done 7 shipments from Amazon.co.jp since last July with Newtype magazines and they've all shipped in a plank-in-a-box. In that same time, all but one or two of my orders without magazines shipped in a bubble mailer, and almost everything in the bags were damaged. I usually only order one or two Blu-ray sets in an order, so it's a toss-up now if they will have enough "mass" to warrant getting a box or not - so I won't chance it anymore.

For example, I had pre-ordered Mary and the Witch's Flower LE back in the fall without a magazine, thinking it was thick and heavy enough that it would ship in a box anyway, and wouldn't need a magazine - and of course it arrived with a dented corner in a bubble mailer. To return it to Japan cost as much as the release itself, about $96 US, but fortunately I used their online chat to get an Amazon account number to ship it back at their cost. Luckily the replacement arrived in a box and was undamaged.

Last edited:
Back