What did you BUY today?

That would drive me absolutely mental o_O wouldn't the complete set on BD or DVD have been a far more agreeable option? I mean unless it doesn't actually bother you I suppose.
To be honest I just want to watch it at this point. I watched the first few episodes on Netflix but it expired and hasn't come back on. The thing is I've got the game on Steam to play but want to see what happens in the anime before I play it so I can do a different route.
Also (given that really I just want to see it rather than keep it), it worked out £13.48 I think for them both.

Given the prices it's now going for online, I was rather pleased to find the 1986 Transformers Movie steelbook in Newcastle HMV for £12.99.

Also a Lenovo Yoga Book to replace both my old laptop and my iPad, possibly the greatest thing ever invented. I just found myself wondering a couple of weeks ago "Hmm, is there a laptop that has a graphics tablet instead of a keyboard? Sure would make my life easier" and it turns out there is. And that graphics tablet turns into a keyboard like something out of Start Trek TNG. The whole thing looks and feels like something out of TNG. It's amazing. And it's exactly the size of a comic so is perfect for reading digital comics on. Why doesn't everybody have one of these?

Given the prices it's now going for online, I was rather pleased to find the 1986 Transformers Movie steelbook in Newcastle HMV for £12.99.

Also a Lenovo Yoga Book to replace both my old laptop and my iPad, possibly the greatest thing ever invented. I just found myself wondering a couple of weeks ago "Hmm, is there a laptop that has a graphics tablet instead of a keyboard? Sure would make my life easier" and it turns out there is. And that graphics tablet turns into a keyboard like something out of Start Trek TNG. The whole thing looks and feels like something out of TNG. It's amazing. And it's exactly the size of a comic so is perfect for reading digital comics on. Why doesn't everybody have one of these?

Watching that video, the touch sensitive keyboard would be enough to put me off. Tactile feedback whilst touch typing is essential.

It does have haptic feedback and clicky noises but I turned both off. I don't need 'em any more since I got used to typing on a smartphone.

It does have haptic feedback and clicky noises but I turned both off. I don't need 'em any more since I got used to typing on a smartphone.

Surely it can't compete with typing on a keyboard though? I highly doubt you could reliably touch type on it, no matter how much haptic feedback there is, you can't feel the physical keys so you don't know where one ends and the other begins.

Surely it can't compete with typing on a keyboard though? I highly doubt you could reliably touch type on it, no matter how much haptic feedback there is, you can't feel the physical keys so you don't know where one ends and the other begins.
Ah, I'm doing okay so far. Typing's more about learning the size of the keyboard for me, but then I was never taught to touch type properly and just sort of learned my own weird muscle memory, probably influenced by early life WASD usage. I don't use the little finger of my left hand for anything other than the left shift and ctrl keys (and I never use the right shift or ctrl keys and use my right ring finger for return and backspace, so I don't use my little finger on my right hand for typing at all). I still don't need to look at the keyboard, but I imagine I'm probably a bit slower than proper touch typists.

And just kinda thinking out loud here, but do you need to know where one key ends and another begins when touch typing on a regular keyboard? Once you've got the first keystroke right, aren't your fingers most of the time just heading through the air for where they know they need to go, whether they hit a mechanical key or a flat surface when they get there?

In the end this thing is for portability though and I doubt I'll be doing a lot of typing on it anyway, I'm most chuffed with the graphics tablet aspect. I mean I've still got my desktop with its nice mechanical keyboard.

Last edited:
Well got them yesterday but i got:
Stanley pocket knife because I need it for my job and I've lost 50 knives in the past
Active stylus because I want to eventually get into doing some digital art because my job sucks

Back