What did you BUY today?

It doesn't take much to start a psu really and jumping like that isn't really reliable, especially without an inline switch (easy enough to make). Without a multimeter or motherboard tester it's hard to check the output properly. I hope a new motherboard solves it for you though. CPU is only likely to be knackered if the pins are bent (on the chip for athalons or on the motherboard for intel).

Pull the battery and leave it overnight if you don't know where the jumper is or if there isn't one then try it in the morning (try turning it on before putting it in then put it in, that should reset it). It's probably not going to solve it but it's one more thing checked off the list of possibilities.

Also sold my Fate/Zero Part 1 and 2 DVDs for FMA 2003 Season 1 parts one and 2.
Planning to re-buy Fate/Zero again on Blu Ray once I get a Blu Ray Player for my desktop in summer.

I stuck a preorder in for the Japanese Your Name CE. Can't justify the extra for the Amazon bonus items, you all know how reluctant I am to spend money.

A case for my Nintendo Switch. Haven't been playing Zelda recently due to coursework and I don't want it to get dusty

Also got the following courtesy of @britguy
Daily lives of High school boys Premium Edition
Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl Premium Edition

Last edited:
So Emo185 once again was selling another Japanese import, after I lost the bid for Gal*Gun back in January 2016 I wanted revenge by trying to get another title on my list of games to get that were in his sale. His latest sale was up and I was able to win the bid for this game:

61FkJZQ3iwL_662c5a87-86f2-46eb-becf-11ecd0ad4e15_large.jpeg

Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi (PlayStation 3)
This is a 2.5D fighting game based on the Koihime Musou eroge visual novel series. I believe the game focuses on characters from the second instalment Shin Koihime Musou ~Otome Ryouran Sangokushi Engi~ rather than the anime adaptation (since you know anime tends to have their own characters at times). Either way it's an all-ages fighting game.

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6

All three from the PSN store for £20, which is a solid deal

So I just went and bought the 4K LG OLED55E6V. I've wanted it for a while seeing as it's likely to be last generation of OLED tv's (or possibly any TV's) that does 3D coupled with the fact that I have a load of BD's in 2D + 3D format that I've never been able to watch the 3D version of. Meant to arrive on Wednesday. Hopefully it does as I'm off to MCM on the Thurs. Now I need to find a 4k player to make use of the 4k disks I've been picking up. This month is going to be painful for my bank balance. (But super excited for it arriving).

Now I need to find a 4k player to make use of the 4k disks I've been picking up. This month is going to be painful for my bank balance. (But super excited for it arriving).

In the worst case scenario you could go after an Xbox One Slim, which has a 4K Blu-ray player built in.

In the worst case scenario you could go after an Xbox One Slim, which has a 4K Blu-ray player built in.

I've been contemplating it. However despite me being a bit of a Microsoft geek, I'm also a bit of an Xbox hater. And the idea of having one sat under the TV fills me with dread (for some strange reason). I may resort to it but I'm currently contemplating the multi region version of the OPPO UDP 203. It's expensive, but I really like the look of it and it would give me another option for multi region disk playback...

Nice buy there msgeek, the LG OLED TV's are top-notch technology. Don't know what you currently have, but picture quality wise it will probably be a huge update ;)

Not seen a head-to-head between the Xbox and OPPO but i'm pretty sure the OPPO wins hands down on every level regarding BD and UHD playback. Unfortunately it also wins hands down on price :)

I have owned two region-free OPPO's myself, first the BDP-80 and now for some years a BDP-93 and if i would upgrade it would probably be again an OPPO player, i'm very satisfied with these players.

Talking about upgrade, personally i'm holding of to upgrade to the whole new UHD, HDR, Dolby Vision and all that, as updating my chain would be pretty expensive as i have to replace my TV and Marantz processor. Besides my Panasonic plasma still holds himself strong PQ-wise and my Marantz processor is only in it's puberty now (well according to years that is, technology-wise it's kinda obsolete now)
And going Atmos would set me back even more.

Ah i'm happy with what i have now a nice 7.1 setup and a 65" screen for watching movies, series and especially anime :)

Nice buy there msgeek, the LG OLED TV's are top-notch technology. Don't know what you currently have, but picture quality wise it will probably be a huge update ;)

Not seen a head-to-head between the Xbox and OPPO but i'm pretty sure the OPPO wins hands down on every level regarding BD and UHD playback. Unfortunately it also wins hands down on price :)

I have owned two region-free OPPO's myself, first the BDP-80 and now for some years a BDP-93 and if i would upgrade it would probably be again an OPPO player, i'm very satisfied with these players.

Talking about upgrade, personally i'm holding of to upgrade to the whole new UHD, HDR, Dolby Vision and all that, as updating my chain would be pretty expensive as i have to replace my TV and Marantz processor. Besides my Panasonic plasma still holds himself strong PQ-wise and my Marantz processor is only in it's puberty now (well according to years that is, technology-wise it's kinda obsolete now)
And going Atmos would set me back even more.

Ah i'm happy with what i have now a nice 7.1 setup and a 65" screen for watching movies, series and especially anime :)

Sounds like a nice setup. That's another thing I'm after too - a AV receiver so I can actually make use of the speakers I cabled into the wall some years back. Contemplating the Yamaha RXV781 for that. I think it would go nicely with the OPPO...

Funny enough i don't have any anime wall scroll yet. Well a Patema Inverted poster from the Kickstarter would be about the only thing.

Not the best of pictures, but it looks like and hasn't changed in the last three years.

Nice. What is the oppo like for multi region? I haven't been able to find much info on it. Is yours multi region for BD too? Do you have to reboot to switch regions? Is the firmware upgrade-able without breaking multi region?

Completely multi-region yes. Auto switching for DVD and for BD i just have to press the following to switch region while the player is off -> Blue button, 1 and then Power On. Where 1 is region A, 2 region B and 3 region C

So pretty straight forward once you know it. Guess it will be a bit different for the newest Oppo. As far as i know there are no auto switching for BD regions players out there.

Completely multi-region yes. Auto switching for DVD and for BD i just have to press the following to switch region while the player is off -> Blue button, 1 and then Power On. Where 1 is region A, 2 region B and 3 region C

So pretty straight forward once you know it. Guess it will be a bit different for the newest Oppo. As far as i know there are no auto switching for BD regions players out there.

Thanks. Called the seller to double check. They said the same thing. Firmware can be upgraded as it's a hardware chip. I've gone for it. :) OPPO arriving Monday :).

Back