1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you BUY today?

Discussion in 'Random Chit-Chat' started by Ryo Chan, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

Imagine watching the "Cat in the bushes" scene in glorious high definition...

2. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Magical Girl

I'll be sticking with the old DVDs for once. It wasn't shot on film, and don't the BBC like to produce upscales of PAL content at 1080p60?

3. BanzaiJedi

BanzaiJedi Pokémon Master

Since Nier is out soon (and Shenmue at some point) I decided it was time for me to get a PS4. I ordered a basic 500GB Slim with a copy of The Last Guardian, and they sent me a 1TB by mistake. Nice :D.

4. MrLaserSharkKH

MrLaserSharkKH Thousand Master

I have actually bought a whole four new pieces of shoe wear today, 3 pairs of Slipons because of how cheap they were and a pair of Trainers, I've had my Vans for a few years but they have finally worn down to unwearable levels, also my regular trainers I've had for just over a year which are used for more heavier hiking needed replacing too, so I actually have some choice now meaning they will hopefully last me a long time!

5. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

[​IMG]

Since I have a BD drive now, and am free to add subs to non-english friendly releases, I bought the French Katanagatari set. Had huge interest in the series for a while, mostly because of the author of the source material, Nisio Isin, who also writes the Monogatari books, which is one of my favourite series. The US sets have been OOP, and fetch some crazy prices, which I'd be hesitant to pay for a series I haven't seen. However, the French BD is ludicrously cheap, with 12 50 minute episodes, with digipak and book (albeit in French) for £20, including UK shipping.

6. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

[​IMG]

Decided to blind buy this as I've been interested in Katanagatari for awhile, and while BlackStrat's price is really fair for the NISA release I just can't justify that much on a blind buy.

[​IMG]

I need some Blu-ray Mushi-shi in my life, and at the small price of £17.28 why not get the FR release and subtitle it myself.

7. NoSurprises

NoSurprises School Idol

Hope you both have as good a time as I did with Katanagatari, it's well worth the blind buy. CHEERIO!

IncendiaryLemon likes this.
  8. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Stand User

Why has no one released Katanagatari over here, I'm far too inept (lazy) to subtitle it myself ;_; come on MVM....

9. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

If you have a BD drive, it's incredibly easy, actually.

serpantino likes this.
  10. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

Aniplex.

Simple enough.

11. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

It is incredibly easy if you have a BD Drive in your PC. If you ever do it just ask on the forums, and people can help you out.

serpantino likes this.
  12. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

I won a Game Jam over the weekend, and my team's prize was a £250 amazon voucher to spilt. My share was £83.33 so I decided the best thing to do was order some anime.

So in blu-rays I ordered

Saint Seiya (1986) Arc 1 episodes 1-35

[​IMG]

Saint Seiya (1986) Arc 2 - episodes 36-73
    [​IMG]

Saint Seiya (1986) Arc 3 - Episodes 74-114
    [​IMG]

I also ordered a book since this didn't cover my full share

[​IMG]

This is a good day for me.

13. MrLaserSharkKH

MrLaserSharkKH Thousand Master

Finally decided to pull the trigger on buying a new printer, My last printer was just a standard put paper in and print things off kind of printer, I felt like I needed to have scan and copy functionality to make specific tasks less of a hassle, also having a screen is an absolute godsend, the amount of times I've flipped a lid having to decipher what the various weird flashing light combinations meant on the old one was pretty insanely high!

14. Rena Ryuugu

Rena Ryuugu Oyashiro-Sama

From my trip to Brighton a few weeks ago Steins Gate 0 LE for PS4 and Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel for PS3. A few days sgo I picked up a Breton POP figure as I had a £5 off voucher from Game.

15. BanzaiJedi

Today my new headphones arrived. My faithful old Sennheisers are still working fine, but are a bit grotty after five years of extensive use, so I could only justify replacing them with something noticeably better (which is tough). After extensive online research I decided on some Superlux headphones for £35 that supposedly sound like they should cost well over a hundred more. And yeah, they really do. Being a Chinese brand I'm expecting something to break on them at some point in the next few months, but at that price I'm very happy regardless.
    I do seem to be getting dangerously close to the audiophile abyss though. Must resist looking at amps...

16. Rena Ryuugu

Rena Ryuugu Oyashiro-Sama

Picked up the BOTW Archer Link Amiibo today, looks really good.

17. Blaize

Blaize School Idol

[​IMG]

Picked up this Artbook that I've wanted for years, decided to just stop stalling and get it as it only cost £12. It's for the series Kyo Kara Maoh! which is a show I loved for it's wacky humor, lovable characters and all the supernatural stuff in between. I really need to watch the third series one day.

18. BanzaiJedi

Placed a preorder for the Nier Automata OST at CD Japan. Since I've been actively avoiding trailers/interviews/youtube vids/etc about the game this is effectively a blind-buy, but if it's even half as good as the previous one then it'll be worth the price.

NoSurprises likes this.
  19. serpantino

serpantino Adventurer

How? :p I bought the Italian edition of macross plus a while back & it's stunning visually but I would like to synch English subs onto it and burn it onto a blank bd-r. I know I can easily add a sub track to watch it on my pc but that's not what I want.

20. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

Well I've never used a rip to create a disc. If you want to be able to view it on a TV you could mux the MKV with the video file with the subtitle track you have, and then play that through a media server/usb to tv/bd player. (Some BD players have protection about playing MKV files)

I wouldn't know how to burn a disc that would work properly as I've never done it.