What did you BUY today?

About £55 worth of food, excluding postage after the 20% discount, from Japan Centre.

I missed out on their other deal the other day so I'm glad I caught this. Although, as usual I ended up picking up bits that weren't on my list, but I did restrain myself as my usual orders are at least double this...

GolGotha said:
About £55 worth of food, excluding postage after the 20% discount, from Japan Centre.

I missed out on their other deal the other day so I'm glad I caught this. Although, as usual I ended up picking up bits that weren't on my list, but I did restrain myself as my usual orders are at least double this...

Out of interest, what sorts of things do you usually buy?

When I've bought Japanese food before, it's usually just been condiments - stuff like furikake etc.

Funny you should say that, a high percent of this order was furikake. My mum has crohn's disease and pretty much lives off rice, fish & vegetables, so I ordered her some a while ago to make her meals a bit less boring and now she uses it daily. So, ordered her like 15 packets of it for a lame Christmas present lol

Our orders will contain the usual 'cupboard staples' like: S&B curry sauce, rice, panko, ramune, melon pan, furikake, kimchi, umeboshi plums, nori, miso soup, shichimi and a few sale/reduced items.....then I tend to raid the confectionery section. Karinto Shiromitsu (sweet version tastes like donuts) is one of my favourites.

I usually order my noodles from Oriental Mart as they're cheaper and have a larger selection, but only do that about once a year and use Morrisons as a top up for my favourite: Nong Shim Kimchi Noodle Soup.

Interesting! Yeah - I adore furikake; my aunt always buys some for me from a Japanese store in France and sends them over - I've been hooked since I first tried it; it completely transforms rice.

I always meant to try umeboshi too, am intrigued as to just how sour they really are. I've had mixed feelings about miso soup as I've tried to make it at home before and it's never quite as good as when I've had it in restaurants.

Aww that's that's nice of her. Does she just send you furikake?

If you find them too sour you can get honey ones, that might be something to consider? Sadly that's always the way. I'm going to attempt to cook Chicken Karaage, not sure how it's going to turn out though.

Japan Centre's black friday sale ends at 9pm, so it might be worth having a look or even placing a small order? The voucher for 20% off is FRIDAY28TH

GolGotha said:
Aww that's that's nice of her. Does she just send you furikake?

If you find them too sour you can get honey ones, that might be something to consider? Sadly that's always the way. I'm going to attempt to cook Chicken Karaage, not sure how it's going to turn out though.

Japan Centre's black friday sale ends at 9pm, so it might be worth having a look or even placing a small order? The voucher for 20% off is FRIDAY28TH

Mostly just furikake, yeah - but also some shichimi togarashi.

This was my favourite one out of the bunch, ha - I love the container!

DR3918.jpg

Steam Sale:
Mass Effect - £1.99 [75% off]
System Shock 2 - £1.74 [75% off]

Amazon UK Pre-order:
Black Butler (live-action) - Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno - Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook

Made In Chelsea: FIT. An exercise DVD with 4 of the cast. LOL!

Also bought a waist training belt, bootea tea detox, some sparkly pumps, velvet leaf leggings, blood spatter dress, burned velvet tee and a gingerbread man dress which I can't wear as my chest stretches them out to look like giant fat gingerbread men :(

I've also been buying food from the Christmas Markets off and on :)

I've ordered Stargazer CD ( Sora no Method OP). Bought it from one of the sellers on Amazon, they're really quite good for CD's. They usually pop up at some point.

Got a Game of Thrones book boxset on the Amazon Black Friday deals. Split in with my sister to get it, worked out at £13 each for the 7 books. We split as we're both interested and will read them, but as I'm not great with gore, I wasn't sure. So this way I won't lose out much if I end up not liking them.

I'd also bought a pretty Harry Potter boxset to replace my old books which were falling apart from love haha! It arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. I almost can't bring myself to read them since they're so pristine. I get weird about keeping stuff nice.

My love of boxes strikes again, it's awful.

I've ordered from both Amazon UK and USA today! Been on a bit of a pre christmas shopping spree! :D

Amazon.co.uk
-Gurren Lagann UE
-Kill La Kill CE
-HAL CE
-Ghost in the Shell: Steelbook Edition
-Spirited Away
-Nausicaa
-Arrietty
-Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods CE

Amazon.com
-One Piece Collections 1 - 10
-Date a Live CE
-Highschool DxD Season 2 CE

Bought Patema Inverted yesterday.

I've also gone off the rails with food today and bought a garlic bread with cheese and then a regular portion of chicken in a tomato sauce with garlic potatoes from the Christmas markets. Oh and a vanillis bar too.

Picking up the diet/healthy eating again tomorrow.

Yeah from the xmas markets :)

Gone and ordered two unibond aero humidifier things as my windows are so bad for condensation. Also ordered Cards Against Humanity, a Cards Against Humanity expansion pack and Is this a zombie?, Steins Gate, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star.

Just ordered Intrigue in the Bakumatsu ~ Irohanihoheto Collection 2 BD from right stuf in their christmas sale.

Also if you like the Berserk manga its also on sale in the right stuf christmas sale from vols 1-37 linky

Back