What did you BUY today?

The Last Story Limited Edition (Wii) - Preorder
Some blank dvd cases*

* I am planning to make room by chucking out some of my old single dvds including those in limited edition artboxs. I plan on putting the dvds in multidisc dvd cases first though.

I have also just bought myself a new coat. Being tired of looking like someone who doesn't really care, i've gone to one of those nice looking wool-type ones that are pretty long.

My only concern is that i'm 5 foot bugger all and I'm worried that I can't pull it off. We'll soon see! :p

My old camera had started to not work for more than about 30 seconds at a time, so I bought a less-crappy-but-still-nice-and-cheap Canon IXUS 220.

Ford Ka, 2002 1.3L ^__^ needs the drivers side headlight bulb replacing and new bumper clips but apart from that its a steal for £500,

Seems i don't have to wait till thursday to pick the car up, i can have it tonight ^___^

Cloud 9? pfft try 10! :D i'm smitten with this, can't wait to get it home and get to work on it.

Nice one Tachi, those little Kas are pretty good. Great handling and surprisingly spacious. I'm still baffled as to why Ford put their older 1.3 Kent power plant in them instead of the 1.25 Zetec found in contemporary Fiestas though - I've had one of each and though they're perfectly good engines, I constantly found myself thinking how a Ka would fly with one of those Zetecs in. Being a 2002 yours might have a Duratec instead though, which should be better than the Kent at any rate.

I like Fords in general. They rot like hell (especially the sills) but for £500 you can't complain even if you only get three or four years out of it. Buy it cheap, run it into the ground, that's always been my motto. :)

Yeah it’s a Duratec Engine Ayase, one of the first things I did when I went to see the car was check out under the hood then the wheels and wheel arches for rust or added wear – they where all good. Then checked the exhaust – brand new. Body needs new bumper clips (ordered and on their way to me 1st class) I’ve got a Haynes manual on the way in the post today so I’ll be getting home, calling the insurance and getting set up for today then off to the place where I’m buying the car and driving it down to the garage, filling the tank and oil then heading home. May even go for a drive tonight with my mate, I’ll take a pic so you guys can see :)

Already have all the in car accessories sorted, cleaning wipes, air freshener, scraper, interior sponges for the moisture/condensation on the windows when it’s cold outside and just ordered some blue car seat covers to finish it all off. No worries on the rotting sills either :D my dad checked the car over more thoroughly than I did and he was pleased with it. Have a decent sized boot aswell so I can throw all the camping stuff and tent in the boot and that’ll clear room in my room lol.

Just in a really good mood about it; bring on 7pm!!!!

Enjoy your drive Tach. Sounds like you and your dad did a good job checking the car over. Both my Fiesta and my Ka went to the scrapyard due to the sills rotting out, it can happen quite quickly (of course they lived outside and were subject to constant Yorkshire Weather™). Which reminds me, I hope the council have a garage come up for rent soon. I'm not looking forward to adjusting valve clearances out in the street in the rain at 2°c.

I'm just thankful I am from Yorkshire, and as such have the unexplainable pride. Otherwise I'd just have the misery and complaints.

I plan on getting a Vita (dynasty warriors and shinobido <3) but it will have to be after Kitacon, no money now til after April :(

Nice deal though. What game did you choose?

On topic: I ordered Xena season 1 today. I remember watching it as a kid and the horror channel on sky has been showing it recently. (Why the horror channel is beyond me but whatever)

Back