US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads-up that Fairy Tail - Part 11 says Region A (and Region 1) on the back of the box (which matches up with what it said on the FUNimation store).

This could of-course be a misprint (like Eureka Seven AO) so i'll find out for sure in about 2/3 weeks when it arrives.

want to order fairy tail but holding off for now :( hope to get confirmation when someone gets their copy suppose I'll just get the manga blurays if its locked

lelouchnarukami said:
Any word on Majestic Prince being region locked?

I have tried it on my blu-ray player set to region b and my ps3 and it works on both.

Bazza said:
lelouchnarukami said:

I have tried it on my blu-ray player set to region b and my ps3 and it works on both.

Wait, without using the Bypass trick? So in other words you put the disc in and plays like normal? If so, then that means Sentai has the UK rights then (which also explains how it's available on iTunes).

NormanicGrav said:
Bazza said:
lelouchnarukami said:

Wait, without using the Bypass trick? So in other words you put the disc in and plays like normal? If so, then that means Sentai has the UK rights then (which also explains how it's available on iTunes).

I didn't use the bypass trick it just plays like normal. It surprised me as it only says region A on the box. I don't know about the UK rights but it does have a Australian distributor

Bazza said:
I didn't use the bypass trick it just plays like normal. It surprised me as it only says region A on the box. I don't know about the UK rights but it does have a Australian distributor

That's okay. Hanabee probably was involved with it anyway.

In terms of the region on the back info, it's going to like that with every title from now on (which probably explains why From the New World Part 2 states A only, when it's probably going to be A+B).

If my suspicions are correct then Gatchaman Crowds might be A+B (Hanabee has the license for it). In terms of subtitle only tracks (given Flowers of Evil worked), Yuyushiki is a possibility.

Meanwhile someone has confirmed that Fairy Tail Part 11 is Region Locked to A and 1.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Well that sucks abt Fairy Tail Part 11. Luckily like that guy my laptop can play region A stuff:) all is not lost.
Same, why have it set to Region B/2 when I have a PS3 for that (hahaha).

Jokes aside, it's a bit ridiculous how they switched to A/1 just as the series turns HD Native (Parts 1-10 were SD Remasters [Upscale]).

That is a strange one. 10 parts A/B and then switch to A only. If someone was collecting who could only play B discs, they could always get the Australian releases. Madman seem to be releasing them the same way as Funimation.

I have removed Fairy Tail Part 11 from the list.

Bazza said:
lelouchnarukami said:

I have added Majestic Prince Collection 1 to the list. Thanks for the confirmation. :)

The following titles have also been added to the list...

Bayonetta the Movie: Bloody Fate
Black Butler: Season 2 Collection (Classic Line)
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8

Thanks to NormanicGrav in the news thread for the info. :)

Titan said:
Thanks to NormanicGrav in the news thread for the info. :)

Your welcome. Devil is a Part Timer has been dispatched, I'll test it when it arrives (Showgate titles are generally 50/50 when it comes to regions from Funimation).

The Devil is a Part Timer - Complete Series: Limited Edition is Region B compatible (both Blu-ray discs work, tested with standard Blu-ray player while the DVDs are Region 1).

To celebrate, here's a screenshot of the main menu:

20140723_124206.jpg

Baggie_Saiyan said:
So, I guess it really is impossible to tell which FUNI releases are going to be locked or not until they're tested.

That's right, from now on looks like all Blu-ray titles from Funimation and Sentai Filmworks will start off as A and someone will have to find out if they'll work on B.

So far the B compatible titles from July are:
- Anohana the Movie: The Flowers We Saw That Day (no-one has tested it yet but given it's an Aniplex title it's guaranteed to be Region Free)
- (The) Devil is a Part-Timer!: Complete Series
- (The) Flowers of Evil: Complete Collection Subtitled
- Kill la Kill: Box Set 1 (no-one has tested it yet but given it's an Aniplex title it's guaranteed to be Region Free)
- Majestic Prince: Collection 1
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movies: Part 1 & 2

Untested:
- Deadman Wonderland: Complete Series [Anime Classics]
- Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash: Complete Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back