US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
Just a word of warning, From the New World Part 2 is stated to be Region A.
Probably to deter imports. For example, Another is listed as Region A but is in fact region AB.
Either that or the guys at Hanabee are authoring the discs themselves, although that wouldn't really make much sense.

lelouchnarukami said:
I don't know if it's already been confirmed, but is the Persona 3 Movie 1 Blu-Ray Import Region Free?
I'll know when I finally get my copy of the standard edition (I got it direct from Japan as it was cheaper), but considering the AoA norm for BD releases (along with the imports) it's highly likely to be region free.

demonix said:
lelouchnarukami said:
I don't know if it's already been confirmed, but is the Persona 3 Movie 1 Blu-Ray Import Region Free?
I'll know when I finally get my copy of the standard edition (I got it direct from Japan as it was cheaper), but considering the AoA norm for BD releases (along with the imports) it's highly likely to be region free.

Thanks for the reply. :) The limited edition is very enticing! (Huge Persona Fan Here. :p)

My only other request... is any word on Date A Live being Region B compatible from Funimation? Considering it's getting an Australian release too.

lelouchnarukami said:
My only other request... is any word on Date A Live being Region B compatible from Funimation? Considering it's getting an Australian release too.

My copy should arrive tomorrow, I'll test it when it arrives.

lelouchnarukami said:
It's a Japanese release, so it's region free. I can't think of one region locked Japanese anime release.
But if that's not enough for you, my copy of the LE worked fine on my PS3 when I watched it the other week.

I can confirm that Samurai Bride: Complete Collection is region A/B.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Just a word of warning, From the New World Part 2 is stated to be Region A.
Probably to deter imports. For example, Another is listed as Region A but is in fact region AB.
Either that or the guys at Hanabee are authoring the discs themselves, although that wouldn't really make much sense.

I have removed part 2 from the list just to be safe.

lelouchnarukami said:
Quick question, is there only three parts to the Blu-Ray release of The Twelve Kingdoms?

Yep;
Part 1 - Episodes 01-14
Part 2 - Episodes 15-33
Part 3 - Episodes 34-45

Bare in mind since this is from Media Blasters the QC may not great (Moribito comes in mind). Also Rightstuf states there are 93 copies of Part 3 left.

NormanicGrav said:
lelouchnarukami said:
Quick question, is there only three parts to the Blu-Ray release of The Twelve Kingdoms?

Yep;
Part 1 - Episodes 01-14
Part 2 - Episodes 15-33
Part 3 - Episodes 34-45

Bare in mind since this is from Media Blasters the QC may not great (Moribito comes in mind). Also Rightstuf states there are 93 copies of Part 3 left.

Do you recommend the show as worth buying? Or something I can easily pass on?

Not sure if these have been mentioned before but according to the FUNimation Store these are all Region Free:

Dragon Ball Z - Season Six
Freezing - Complete Series (Anime Classics)

Everything else, such as Hal: The Movie, Attack on Titan - Part 2, Panty & Stocking (Anime Classics), The Devil is a Part Timer, Senran Kagura, Fairy Tail - Part 11, Deadman Wonderland (Anime Classics) and Code Breaker are listed as Region A only.

Interestingly Heaven's Lost Property - Season 2 (Anime Classics)) is listed as Region A (for the Blu-ray) but Region 1 and 2 for the DVD.

of course treat these as "speculative' until they are released ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back