US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiki S.A.V.E region B playable as expected. Sadly it's the ****** S.A.V.E package with no slip but for £15 it's hella worth it IMO.

Nope! Just played without any prompting. No Hanabee logo either so I guess Sentai just goofed.

Ath said:
Nope! Just played without any prompting. No Hanabee logo either so I guess Sentai just goofed.

Interesting. Well then that makes The Flowers of Evil the first sub-only series to be AB. No one licensed the show in Australia I think so it could be a secret additional region (the back covers now state Region A even with the second half of From the New World).

Wait, do you have a standard Blu-ray player and whether it would play fine on that. Could be a NIS type of Region B where it could play on Playstations and not others.

I don't have access to my other player at the moment I'm afraid. Incidentally the subs aren't locked either.

Ath said:
I don't have access to my other player at the moment I'm afraid. Incidentally the subs aren't locked either.

That's okay, I'm interested in picking up the series since a dub wouldn't work with the show anyway (the characters with American voices will look like a bad lip-syncing dub for a live action asian film). Well as far as I know every sub only title they have released have unlockable subtitles so it's quite natural (for now).

Ath said:
It's not the only title like that. I'm 99% sure it was From The New World which also booted to Sentai's splash.

List updated. Thanks guys.

Mangaranga said:
Ath said:
It's not the only title like that. I'm 99% sure it was From The New World which also booted to Sentai's splash.

Little Busters part 2 also boots up with Sentai's logo.

Just put Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar in my ps3 works fine! There's another one for the list. Also Shiki is also playing on my ps3 right now

Is Soul Eater part 2 OOP? All I can find is the complete collection. Was planning to pick up part 1 from here then importing part 2.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Is Soul Eater part 2 OOP? All I can find is the complete collection. Was planning to pick up part 1 from here then importing part 2.
Rightstuf is still showing it as in stock, but considering the price for that part including delivery costs around the same as the complete collection from UP without delivery (if it gets caught by customs, there's likely to be an extra £12 or so added on top).

Also, the first part is locked to zone A, so if you don't have a capable player then you won't be able to play them.

demonix said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Rightstuf is still showing it as in stock, but considering the price for that part including delivery costs around the same as the complete collection from UP without delivery (if it gets caught by customs, there's likely to be an extra £12 or so added on top).

Also, the first part is locked to zone A, so if you don't have a capable player then you won't be able to play them.
Hmm I see. I may aswell just buy the DVD's, this seems too much of a hassle.
If I had a region free BD player all this worrying over region codes would be over lol

devilrules666 said:
Just put Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar in my ps3 works fine! There's another one for the list. Also Shiki is also playing on my ps3 right now.

Karneval will play on uk ps3. Mine is running it fine.

Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar, Shiki & Karneval have already been confirmed region B compatible. Thanks anyway. :)

Baggie_Saiyan said:

Added to the list. Thanks. :)

Can confirm NISA's Toradora BD will NOT play on a UK PS3. Not that I was expecting it to but it was worth a shot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back