US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
lelouchnarukami said:
NormanicGrav said:
lelouchnarukami said:
Just confirming that Kimi ni Todoke: Box Set 1 (Episodes 1-12) Blu-Ray works on a UK PS3. (Just providing extra confirmation.) :)

Which version did you get? The Premium Edition or the Standard re-release earlier this year?

The Standard Edition. :)

Interesting. I should probably re-check Anohana's re-release even though people have claimed it to be region locked completely (PE was compatible with UK PS3s).

Interesting. I should probably re-check Anohana's re-release even though people have claimed it to be region locked completely (PE was compatible with UK PS3s).

Yeah, I didn't even realise it was the Premium Edition that is supposedly the only one to work... my bad there. xD

But I can confirm the standard edition... at least Box 1... does work! :) I will be getting Boxes 2 & 3 eventually, so when I do, I'll update you guys.

Also, does anyone know if the recently released Is This A Zombie? Anime Classics Funimation release is Region B compatible?

BDT87 said:
To Love Ru Complete Collection - It's out now, anyone know if it region A/B, Work with PS3/4 here in the UK/European versions?

The review is off putting tbh
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/To-Love-Ru-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/91289/#Review
As I told you in the upcoming overseas anime DVD artwork thread, it's already been confirmed as a zone A only so it'll be covered in this thread if the usual bypass trick works (I should have my copy tomorrow, so I'll most likely be able to confirm if it works).

demonix said:
As I told you in the upcoming overseas anime DVD artwork thread, it's already been confirmed as a zone A only so it'll be covered in this thread if the usual bypass trick works (I should have my copy tomorrow, so I'll most likely be able to confirm if it works).

Thats the key word right there "IF" I want a conformation thats all. Same with Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
The only Blu-Rays I know that work are NIS.

BDT87 said:
demonix said:

Thats the key word right there "IF" I want a conformation thats all. Same with Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
The only Blu-Rays I know that work are NIS.
You can check in the link I posted about the results on to love ru, and it would be logical to conclude (since all the other maiden Japan BD releases work with the bypass method) that Tokyo magnitude 8.0 will work with that method but you'd have to use some guess work to find the first episode (although once you've found and episode, you'll have access to the pop up menu so you can manually select an episode once you've got it going).

DBZ S3 arrived a day ahead of schedule and came unscathed (from customs) I've tested all the discs and they do indeed work on my UK PS4(prefer PS3 blu ray player so much easier to control). Just thought I'd double confirm.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
DBZ S3 arrived a day ahead of schedule and came unscathed (from customs) I've tested all the discs and they do indeed work on my UK PS4(prefer PS3 blu ray player so much easier to control). Just thought I'd double confirm.

List updated, thanks for the confirmation. :)

You can add the following to 'To be Tested' list:
Ben-To: Complete Series
Cuticle Detective Inaba: Complete Collection (sub-only)
Fairy Tail: Part 11

This is for anyone who purchased the R1 BDs of Eureka Seven AO and wanted to get the E7 BDs.
Unfortunately Eureka Seven Part 2 (and presumably Part 1) are region A locked.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Part 1 LE to arrive. :|

I figured it would be that way when I saw the film was A/1 only (the series was given a 1 which confused me a bit).

NormanicGrav said:

I figured it would be that way when I saw the film was A/1 only (the series was given a 1 which confused me a bit).
I suppose it comes down to which rights Funi secured. Maybe they opted only for US + Canada for E7, considering it's a re-release and a percentage of their potential customer base already own it.
Even then some people aren't going to be all that bothered about upgrading considering E7's BD is an upscale (By the Japanese, not Funi).

NormanicGrav said:
You can add the following to 'To be Tested' list:
Ben-To: Complete Series
Cuticle Detective Inaba: Complete Collection (sub-only)
Fairy Tail: Part 11

List updated, thanks for the info. :)

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:

I suppose it comes down to which rights Funi secured. Maybe they opted only for US + Canada for E7, considering it's a re-release and a percentage of their potential customer base already own it.
Even then some people aren't going to be all that bothered about upgrading considering E7's BD is an upscale (By the Japanese, not Funi).

Hopefully Anime Limited can get the UK rights (if they haven't already) and release E7 on Blu-Ray.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion- Limited Edition (import) is confirmed region free (the standard edition would be as well).

From The New World Collection 1 is AB.
Strangely enough it boots like a normal Sentai release would with their splash screen and the dodgy advert for TAN, rather than to a Hanabee Screen.

Edit: Disc defaults to Eng Dub with no subs for whatever reason, and the subs for the ED in episode 1 are out of time. Sentai QC is clearly as good as ever.
I will say that the Video Quality seems to be a bit better than usual though. Whilst there's still a lot of banding it's not as terrible as their other recent releases.

Also I noticed that Fate/Zero II was never added to the list, so I can confirm that was AB too.

Mangaranga said:
From The New World Collection 1 is AB.
Strangely enough it boots like a normal Sentai release would with their splash screen and the dodgy advert for TAN, rather than to a Hanabee Screen.

I'm guessing then that Hanabee must be sharing costs with MVM for their Blu-Ray release.

Mangaranga said:
Also I noticed that Fate/Zero II was never added to the list, so I can confirm that was AB too.

List updated, thanks for the confirmation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back