US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a quick question:

On UP1, where it says 'Immediate Delivery' it usually arrives quickly without any import charges, what about when it says 'Normally delivered within 7 to 10 days', do these suffer with import charges, or not?

Nothing from UP1 will attract import charges; they'll import it themselves even if it's backordered and then ship it to you from their main warehouse.

R

lelouchnarukami said:
I just have a quick question:

On UP1, where it says 'Immediate Delivery' it usually arrives quickly without any import charges, what about when it says 'Normally delivered within 7 to 10 days', do these suffer with import charges, or not?

UP1 Avoids customs (As they import themselves and then post it via Normal Royal Mail services), so whatever you order you will not get hit.

In terms of the Normally delivered within 7 to 10 days' this just means that it will take around 2 weeks to be dispatched and delivered as opposed to within 2-3 days (probably because they have it order it in and then ship it out).

Thank you for the answers, I understand this now. :) Will make me more comfortable with buying any product there now.

It's a really good service, order one day, dispatched the next day, received the day after.

lelouchnarukami said:
Thank you for the answers, I understand this now. :) Will make me more comfortable with buying any product there now.

It's a really good service, order one day, dispatched the next day, received the day after.
Agreed. I was incredibly sceptical, but the nice folks here and nothing but sheer praise for them. All my pre-ordres came unexpectedly early and the no customs thing is a real plus which is why I don't mind them being pricey sometimes.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Does anyone know if Steins gate is region free?

You are aware that Steins Gate is already available on Blu-ray in the UK (with a complete series set coming out soon).

Also the only difference between the UK and US Discs is that the US Trailers have been removed.

SnowWolf said:
Is there any chance the Ranma 1/2 Limited Edition set will be region 2 compatible?

No chance, all Viz Media titles are locked to Region 1 (DVD) and Region A (Blu-ray).

The same were to apply for Aniplex's DVD sets but Servant x Service is Region 1 & 4 according to the specs.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Does anyone know if Steins gate is region free?

Since it's a Kadokawa title, Steins;Gate is locked to Region 1 and A only. It's annoying how the first and third Scientifc Adventure titles are UK compatible (Chaos;Head & Robotics;Notes).

OniAi: Complete Series - tested and confirmed region A/B.

LtDiscotek said:
Is Nadia the Secret of Blue Water by Sentai region B compatible?

The back cover states region A only, so it's highly unlikely to be region B compatible. It's possible that it could work using this method.

This is all just guesswork as I don't own the release, so can't confirm 100%.

Just confirming that Kimi ni Todoke: Box Set 1 (Episodes 1-12) Blu-Ray works on a UK PS3. (Just providing extra confirmation.) :)

lelouchnarukami said:
Just confirming that Kimi ni Todoke: Box Set 1 (Episodes 1-12) Blu-Ray works on a UK PS3. (Just providing extra confirmation.) :)

Which version did you get? The Premium Edition or the Standard re-release earlier this year?

NormanicGrav said:
lelouchnarukami said:

Which version did you get? The Premium Edition or the Standard re-release earlier this year?

The Standard Edition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back