US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
True... I was ecstatic when Sentai announced their Blu-Ray, because I really wanted to own this show, and I'm really banking on the trick working. It's still better than nothing. And who knows, even if it's not released in the UK, maybe it could get released in Australia, you never know.

True. But then once again... Blu-Ray isn't always guarenteed. :( At least it has a higher chance in Australia to get one.

Hey,

First of all thanks a lot for this thread and this list , I managed to grab a few anime I really liked but not available in Europe and was almost desesperate not finding them..

Now ,I've read most of the thread to see that the majority of the Aniplex USA releases were region free.
I've received my Bakemonogatari / Nisemonogatari LE yesterday (thanks to this thread btw), and was about to pre-order the neko black/white LE.
From your experience , what are the odds of them being region free ?

Thanks !

wakyx said:
Hey,

First of all thanks a lot for this thread and this list , I managed to grab a few anime I really liked but not available in Europe and was almost desesperate not finding them..

Now ,I've read most of the thread to see that the majority of the Aniplex USA releases were region free.
I've received my Bakemonogatari / Nisemonogatari LE yesterday (thanks to this thread btw), and was about to pre-order the neko black/white LE.
From your experience , what are the odds of them being region free ?

Thanks !

Pretty much every Aniplex USA release on Blu-ray is region free from what we've all witnessed so far. The DVDs are region 1 only however.

Chances of Nekomonogatari Black & Monogatari Second Season being region free is very high.

lelouchnarukami said:
SnowWolf said:
How about Funimation's Kamisama Kiss release?

It seems both, according to Funimation's official website, are region-locked.

Standard Edition: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=79679
Goddess Edition: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=79774

Blu-Ray Region: A
DVD Region: 1

UP1 list Kamisama Kiss as region A/B.

If someone could test and confirm this I will add it to the list.

Titan said:
lelouchnarukami said:
SnowWolf said:
How about Funimation's Kamisama Kiss release?

It seems both, according to Funimation's official website, are region-locked.

Standard Edition: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=79679
Goddess Edition: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=79774

Blu-Ray Region: A
DVD Region: 1

Kamisama kiss does work on region B even though it says region A only on the packaging.

Love , election and chocolate is region A only.

Aesthetica of a rogue hero says region A/B on the packaging but disc 2 is region A only.

Bazza said:
Kamisama kiss does work on region B even though it says region A only on the packaging.

Aesthetica of a rogue hero says region A/B on the packaging but disc 2 is region A only.

Wow, if that's true then I suspect Is This A Zombie to work on region B as well since UP1 also note A/B.

Bazza said:

Added Kamisama kiss to the list, thanks for the confirmation. :)

Titan said:
Bazza said:

Then why does this site say it's region locked? Strange.

http://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/2014 ... on-locked/

SnowWolf said:
Titan said:
Bazza said:

Then why does this site say it's region locked? Strange.

http://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/2014 ... on-locked/

AnimeBlu-rayUK basically notices the back info and places the Regions based on that. I know this because he changed Eureka AO to Region Free based on what I found and Another to Region Free based on Mangaranga. He'll no doubt change Kamisama Kiss based on Bazza's discovery.

NormanicGrav said:
AnimeBlu-rayUK basically notices the back info and places the Regions based on that. I know this because he changed Eureka AO to Region Free based on what I found and Another to Region Free based on Mangaranga. He'll no doubt change Kamisama Kiss based on Bazza's discovery.

He might do that in some cases but not all i think, as far as I know, he tries the ones he buys of course and I dont know how many he buys, I know he has a region A PS3 so when he buys something region A, he ends up trying on region B PS3 too. I think he explained me something like this once.

bakum4tsu said:
NormanicGrav said:

He might do that in some cases but not all i think, as far as I know, he tries the ones he buys of course and I dont know how many he buys, I know he has a region A PS3 so when he buys something region A, he ends up trying on region B PS3 too. I think he explained me something like this once.

I forgot to mention that he does test some of them out by himself (I recall from the older titles). Thanks for mentioning that. :wink:

bakum4tsu said:
NormanicGrav said:

Been meaning to reply to this topic for awhile, since it was my concept to begin with (i.e. making a list of region free titles), anyway both of you are correct. When i first started AnimeBlurayUK all of the titles listed on the site i had previously owned at some point, however due to so many titles coming out it was near impossible to buy and test them all - So for the ones i didn't buy and test myself i opted for boxart listings and resources from the internet, usually these are correct but at times mistakes can be made (Strike Witches S1, Eureka Seven AO Part 1).

As it stands now the anime titles I want i'll buy and once they have arrived i'll check the region and post my results onto the site, the titles i don't buy i'll check back of boxes (boxart) and look for more information on the internet before posting up results. If i do buy a series that was initally classed as Region Locked i'll check the discs and make alterations on the site. Eureka Seven AO for instance, i had it on order but it didn't arrive until after someone else had confirmed it working. If someone else confirms it working before i do i'll give them credit on the site. (hence why some posts on the site include usernames from this forum).

In regards to region free titles on the AnimeBlurayUK site i don't class the "Title Search Method" region free as it doesn't work on all players/devices, plus you don't receive full functionality of the disc. The "Disc Menu" option (such as Nura and Needless) i do class as region free as everything works as intended.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
I can confirm Fairy Tail Part 9 has no issues on my UK PS3. 1 week early! Gotta love UP1!

List updated, thanks for the confirmation. :)

The following titles have also been added to the list...

Code:Breaker: Complete Collection
Dragon ball Z: Season 5

Bazza said:
Titan said:

Just posting to say that I recieved my copy of the standard edition today and can also confirm that both discs are AB. The region lockout screen even displays AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back