US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
demonix said:
LtDiscotek said:
NormanicGrav said:
Just a note, I found out Anohana's Standard Edition is REGION LOCKED, unlike the Premium Edition being able to play on PS3.
Is Bunny Drop the same? That would suck.
That was released before NISA fixed the glitch so it would still work (and I believe that was confirmed somewhere in this thread that the standard edition of bunny drop works).

It might be that they created new BD masters for the standard edition release of anohana which included the fix that stopped it being played on zone B PS3's.

Wish I had seen this 2 days ago... Just ordered it.... "sigh" only to return it now :S
Had finally hoped I could own the series..........
and I'll guess it won't work on the PS4 either then >__<

well, more fairy tail vol. with me back home to EU.

Has any confirmed if "The pet girl of Sakurasou" is able to play in EU?

Does anyone knows if Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 by Maiden Japan workes in the PS3 here?

If not, Siren Visual Australian release its B region anyway and i might get that version.

bakum4tsu said:
Does anyone knows if Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 by Maiden Japan workes in the PS3 here?

If not, Siren Visual Australian release its B region anyway and i might get that version.

Not 100% sure, but if it does work it will most likely be with this method.

Siren Visual's release will definitely work as it’s region B, so it might be easier to get their release.

I can confirm that DBZ S2 and Fairy Tail Part 7&8 work on my UK PS3. Since they're green in the first page, I figured I'll double confirm.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Does anyone know if this will work on region B players? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
Can't say 100% for sure. It's definitely locked to region A, but Viz's releases of Lagrange S1, Berserk 1+2 and both sets of Tiger & Bunny work by pressing the top menu/Triangle button on the region lock screen.
As far as I know it's been fixed as of Accel World though, although Hell Verse being an earlier title of theirs may mean it'll work.

Guess ill give it ago if it fails to work i can always play it on my laptop, i own the the region 2 release of it but it just does not look right with my other blu rays as its the size of a normal dvd

lelouchnarukami said:
Anybody know whether or not Love, Elections & Chocolate that recently came out from Sentai is locked to Region A?

It comes out in May, doesn't it? At least according to rightstuf, and I have it on pre-order. I'm hoping that even if it's locked to Region A, it'll be possible to play it on Region B players using the Sentai trick.

Y2Johnny said:
lelouchnarukami said:
Anybody know whether or not Love, Elections & Chocolate that recently came out from Sentai is locked to Region A?

It comes out in May, doesn't it? At least according to rightstuf, and I have it on pre-order. I'm hoping that even if it's locked to Region A, it'll be possible to play it on Region B players using the Sentai trick.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/z2Qey=4MndU=MPuKV8/browse/item/100252/18/5733/228

That is the item on the official Sentai website and it says release date was February 25th 2014.

lelouchnarukami said:
Y2Johnny said:
lelouchnarukami said:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/z2Qey=4MndU=MPuKV8/browse/item/100252/18/5733/228

That is the item on the official Sentai website and it says release date was February 25th 2014.

Oops, I'm terribly sorry, I mistook it for Love, Chuunibyou & Other Delusions. I always get those two mixed up (basically, I see "Love," and I automatically think about Chuunibyou, I forget that "Love, Elections & Chocolate" exists).

Nevermind then.

Oops, I'm terribly sorry, I mistook it for Love, Chuunibyou & Other Delusions. I always get those two mixed up (basically, I see "Love," and I automatically think about Chuunibyou, I forget that "Love, Elections & Chocolate" exists).

Nevermind then.

Oh! I can't wait for that release though, I REALLY love that anime. :) Really enjoying the current second season, are you watching it?

lelouchnarukami said:

Nevermind then.

Oh! I can't wait for that release though, I REALLY love that anime. :) Really enjoying the current second season, are you watching it?

I actually wait until all the episodes are released before starting to watch a show, because I really hate having to wait a week between episodes :p

I'm thinking of waiting for the show to come out entirely and getting the first season on blu-ray; hopefully it will work with the Sentai trick then I watch both seasons in order (I did that with Haganai and Haganai NEXT) :D

I actually wait until all the episodes are released before starting to watch a show, because I really hate having to wait a week between episodes :p

I'm thinking of waiting for the show to come out entirely and getting the first season on blu-ray; hopefully it will work with the Sentai trick then I watch both seasons in order (I did that with Haganai and Haganai NEXT) :D

Yeah, it's a big shame that if it ever gets a release over here, it'll never get a Blu-Ray release (or very unlikely to) :(

lelouchnarukami said:

Yeah, it's a big shame that if it ever gets a release over here, it'll never get a Blu-Ray release (or very unlikely to) :(

True... I was ecstatic when Sentai announced their Blu-Ray, because I really wanted to own this show, and I'm really banking on the trick working. It's still better than nothing. And who knows, even if it's not released in the UK, maybe it could get released in Australia, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back