US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Blu-ray sets for Dragonball Z are also Region B compatible (Shop Funi doesn't state this), as seen from promotional pictures and some unboxing videos.

Can someone with NIS titles and a PS4 please test their compatability
really want to buy these but would like them to work on my ps3 + ps4 incase my ps3 dies

Hanasaku Iroha - Blossoms for Tomorrow P1 & P2
Occult Academy

ussjtrunks said:
Can someone with NIS titles and a PS4 please test their compatability
really want to buy these but would like them to work on my ps3 + ps4 incase my ps3 dies

Hanasaku Iroha - Blossoms for Tomorrow P1 & P2
Occult Academy
I think someone has already mentioned in this thread that the NISA releases that work on the PS3 also work on the PS4.

Just a note, I found out Anohana's Standard Edition is REGION LOCKED, unlike the Premium Edition being able to play on PS3.

LtDiscotek said:
NormanicGrav said:
Just a note, I found out Anohana's Standard Edition is REGION LOCKED, unlike the Premium Edition being able to play on PS3.
Is Bunny Drop the same? That would suck.
That was released before NISA fixed the glitch so it would still work (and I believe that was confirmed somewhere in this thread that the standard edition of bunny drop works).

It might be that they created new BD masters for the standard edition release of anohana which included the fix that stopped it being played on zone B PS3's.

Hiiro no Kakera - Tamayori Princess Saga: Season 2 - tested and confirmed region A/B.

Medaka Box Abnormal: Complete Collection - tested and confirmed region A/B.

Nothing major arriving from Funimation's April release so only these will be compatible with Region B players:

Dragon Ball Z: Season 3
Heaven's Lost Property: Season 1 (Anime Classics)
Spice & Wolf: Complete Series (Anime Classics)

It's pretty rare for Funimation movies to be compatible with our players (or Australia's). Only a few were able; Heaven's Lost Property: Angeloid of Clockwork, Rebuild of Evangelion, Sakura Wars: The Movie, Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike & Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

Mangaranga said:
robot monkey said:
I cannot see this on the list in the OP but is this blu ray playable in the UK?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/revie ... rld/bd+dvd

Though it's out of continuity for the UK I am interested in it as Eiichiro Oda wrote it.
Nope, Sorry. I tested my copy when I got it a few months ago and it didn't work.

Thanks. Was just hoping it might be the odd exception. Just have to get the DVD.

NormanicGrav said:
It's pretty rare for Funimation movies to be compatible with our players (or Australia's). Only a few were able; Heaven's Lost Property: Angeloid of Clockwork, Rebuild of Evangelion, Sakura Wars: The Movie, Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike & Trigun: Badlands Rumble.

Unplayable as in they enforce country locking?

Kite said:
NormanicGrav said:

Unplayable as in they enforce country locking?

Region Lock yes. I would guess one of the reasons is that movies are expensive, well that's what MVM said with their licensing.

I wonder if I can fool the region lock into playing on my laptop if I change the country to America

Kite said:
I wonder if I can fool the region lock into playing on my laptop if I change the country to America

Region Locks and Country Codes are two different things, although some recent releases have been checking a player's country code to add another layer of locking, so that US and AU releases can't be played on Japanese machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back