US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
I was honestly going to say the same but my reply would have been a bit worse.

Basically all of the new announcements that MVM have done aren't going to get a Blu-ray release here, including Girls und Panzer.
I think "especially Girls und Panzer" would be more fitting.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
I was honestly going to say the same but my reply would have been a bit worse.

Basically all of the new announcements that MVM have done aren't going to get a Blu-ray release here, including Girls und Panzer.
I think "especially Girls und Panzer" would be more fitting.

Maybe "especially every release with AB treatment that put MVM off". :lol:

I don't really care about cover art, if it's horrible you just have to deal with it. It comes down to price and what's inc. in the discs for me.
If its available here and in the US, I most probably will buy it here.
If not available and you can buy it in US or whatever else and it's region A/B then yes I would consider it. And such as with Btooom! Yes it would be nice to buy it on Blu-ray and we are lucky its going to be region A/B so yea I might consider myself getting it.
But if it was only the dvd release then I would just buy it here even if the cover is terrible.

Same goes with SAO, we have barebones release, 7episode each disc and its going for £20 which is crazy and there are 4 releases. Or if you have the money you can import them for a higher price and get tons more stuff. But I will just get them here.

burtkenobi said:
If anyone gets the new US release of Gatchaman I'd appreciate a region report....
I think the images of the back of the cases in this post would answer your question (and the likelyhood that you'll have to use the sentai title select trick to get it to play).

BDT87 said:
Anyone know if
AnoHana - The Flower We Saw That Day: Complete Series Premium Edition
Bunny Drop: Complete Series Premium Edition

are the same as the standard edition? So the discs are the same with it working on European PS3
It's is highly likely that they'll use the same masters for the standard editions, so it would be likely that the BD side will work on an EU PS3.

demonix said:
burtkenobi said:
If anyone gets the new US release of Gatchaman I'd appreciate a region report....
I think the images of the back of the cases in this post would answer your question (and the likelyhood that you'll have to use the sentai title select trick to get it to play).

I know, I know. I just hoped it was secretly region free. I can't justify a risky purchase like that when I own the uber-dvd boxes (now worthless)....

Titan said:
Sword Art Online (S.A.O) Box Set 3: Fairy Dance Part 1 - region free

I think it's okay to say that every Aniplex USA Blu-ray release is Region Free but I guess it's best to play it safe.

LtDiscotek said:
Can anybody check if Golgo 13, Wings of Honneamise and Gatchaman are region free?
Look at my last post to answer the third part of that question (the answer would more then likely be the same for the second as it's distributed by Maiden Japan).

Looks like the Dragon Ball Z Orange Box 16:9 Blu-rays are B compatible according to the discs on the DBZ image of Season 1.

Hanasaku Iroha - Blossoms for Tomorrow: Premium Edition Parts 1 & 2 - tested and confirmed playable in a UK/EU PS3.

Kokoro Connect: Complete OVA Collection - tested and confirmed region A/B

More titles to add in Testing Mode:
Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo [Blu-ray Version] - Region A & B
Jormungand: Perfect Order (Season 2) - Region A & B | 1, 2 & 4
Medaka Box: Abnormal (Season 2) - Region A & B
Robotics;Notes: Part 1 [Standard & Limited Edition] - Region A & B | 1, 2 & 4
Strike Witches: Season 1 [S.A.V.E. Edition] - Region A & B | 1
Strike Witches: Season 2 [S.A.V.E. Edition] - Region A & B | 1 & 2

To Love Ru is coming on Blu-Ray (Complete series) from Sentai Filmworks. Any chance this being region Free (A&B)?

BDT87 said:
To Love Ru is coming on Blu-Ray (Complete series) from Sentai Filmworks. Any chance this being region Free (A&B)?
I highly doubt it as their SUB BD's appear to be A 'locked'.
It should still work with the bypass method regardless, even if it isn't AB.

Wait and see I suppose.

Will the upcoming Nadia blu ray be region free?

Also, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland Blu ray from Discotek Media (who are badasses) is region free, confirmed on blu ray.com because while the back of the cover only lists Region A, it does work on Region B blu rays, so we can make this part of the list. I'm curious on how the Jin Roh, Unico, CCS Movie 1 and Blue Submarine No. 6 blus will turn out.

LtDiscotek said:
Will the upcoming Nadia blu ray be region free?

Also, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland Blu ray from Discotek Media (who are badasses) is region free, confirmed on blu ray.com because while the back of the cover only lists Region A, it does work on Region B blu rays, so we can make this part of the list. I'm curious on how the Jin Roh, Unico, CCS Movie 1 and Blue Submarine No. 6 blus will turn out.

It's possible with Nadia since it's given a billingual release but it depends on how the current billingual titles goes, we already know every billingual title (exc. Nyan Koi because that was a delayed title) from December is A & B and one revealed title (Medaka Box Abnormal, Maria Holic's code should be revealed this week) is A & B.

Little Nemo would be Discotek's first Blu-ray release correct? well this would be interesting to see. I hope Jin-Roh is region free as the UK release is stuck on DVD only due to Optimum/Studio Canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back