US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Passing Through said:
Mangaranga said:
Back of each box states that Michiko to Hatchin is Region AB (Images from Mania)

I'll be so waiting on confirmation for this! :D

Anime Blu-rayUK confirms that Michiko & Hatchin are Region B compatible so I placed an order at UP1 (The exchange rate has come down enough so that they are just a couple of quid more than Amazon, and ordering locally works out better for my peace of mind.)

Did some research on SAVE editions again, found another item: Heroic Age ~ Regions A, B & C

1562326bh.jpg

Titan said:
Titan said:
This might need further confirmation...

Elfen Lied + OVA is Region AB

I have Elfen Lied on order, so I will be able to confirm it once my copy arrives.

I can confirm that Elfen Lied is region A/B.

That's interesting, got my copy yesterday and it claims it's A only and has special measures taken to ensure it only works on North American players, guess that's a total lie

Mangaranga said:
Back of each box states that Michiko to Hatchin is Region AB (Images from Mania)

I'll be so waiting on confirmation for this! :D

Anime Blu-rayUK confirms that Michiko & Hatchin are Region B compatible so I placed an order at UP1 (The exchange rate has come down enough so that they are just a couple of quid more than Amazon, and ordering locally works out better for my peace of mind.)

Got my Michiko and Hatchin today, and tried out all four Blu-ray discs. And all four work in a Region B player :D
Yahoo!

Some more observations. The DVDs in the set are coded Regions 1 and 4, so it's no reach to assume that Madman in Australia will just be importing these discs and releasing them as is.

So some hypotheticals... If Michiko and Hatchin is licensed for the UK, and if Manga licence it, then a Blu-ray is less likely, as they'll have to make their own BBFC certified discs rather than go halves with Australia, and if they release it on DVD, they will reauthor them as PAL discs, with their usual issues with subtitles, chaptering, and the loss of extra features.

So hope that Anime Limited get it as a compliment to their Cowboy Bebop release, rather than Manga getting it as a complement to their Fujiko Mine release.

I can confirm that Queen's Blade 3: Rebellion Complete Collection is region A/B, even though the back of the box states A only.

Titan said:
I can confirm that Queen's Blade 3: Rebellion Complete Collection is region A/B, even though the back of the box states A only.

That's actually come out now then, I had thought the release might have been out back again.

Little Busters! Collection 1 (and most likely Collection 2) states Region B compatibility via cover box. Someone will obviously test this.

Has anybody tested NISA's Yuru Yuri set to see if it is like the others and works on UK PS3s? Nobody's mentioned it in this thread yet.

Otune said:
Has anybody tested NISA's Yuru Yuri set to see if it is like the others and works on UK PS3s? Nobody's mentioned it in this thread yet.

I can confirm that Yuruyuri: Happy Go Lily Season 1 does not work on a UK PS3.

On Anime Blu-ray it's part 1 that's locked. That one is part 2.

Seems strange that part 1 is A and part 2 is A/B, unless part 2 is a mistake.

Emulsion said:

It wouldn't be the first time Funimation did something like that. Unless I am mistaken, my blu-ray copy of Soul Eater Part 1 has a different region code to Part 2.

mangaman74 said:
Emulsion said:

It wouldn't be the first time Funimation did something like that. Unless I am mistaken, my blu-ray copy of Soul Eater Part 1 has a different region code to Part 2.

You aren't mistaken that actually happened. Another similar case is Sengoku Basara's Season Two gets AB while Season One gets A.

mangaman74 said:
Emulsion said:

If my memory serves correctly, soul eater part 1 was supposed to be A/B but funimation mucked things up and it ended up zone A only which is why madman had to recall that set in Australia because they used the same masters (the same happened with disc 2 of the Aria the scarlet ammo set).

NormanicGrav said:
demonix said:
(the same happened with disc 2 of the Aria the scarlet ammo set).

Did they ever fix the issue with Aria the Scarlet Ammo?
I don't have a clue (they didn't even bother issuing a fixed version of the first set they buggered up beyond sending the Australian distributor a fixed set of masters), but there hasn't been any news that the Australian BD release has been affected by this problem so they might have gotten fixed masters from funimation or they created their own masters.

More Sentai Filmworks titles given B compatibility:
- Girls und Panzer: Complete TV Series (& possibly OVA collection)
- La storia della Arcana Famiglia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back