US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campione! Complete Collection - tested and confirmed region A/B

Sword Art Online (S.A.O) Box Set 2: Aincrad Part 2 - region free

More titles to add in 'Testing mode':
BTOOOM!: Complete Collection ~ Out December 2013
Kokoro Connect: Original Anime Selection ~ Out December 2013

Just a thought for a moment, Sentai seem to be bringing a lot of B support lately:
Another
Bodacious Space Pirates: Collection 1
Bodacious Space Pirates: Collection 2
BTOOOM!
Campoine!
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Ef: A Tale of Memories
Ef: A Tale of Melodies
Elfen Lied
Girls und Panzer: Complete TV Collection
Hiiro No Kakera - Tamayori Princess Saga: Season 1
Hiiro No Kakera - Tamayori Princess Saga: Season 2
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Kokoro Connect: Complete TV Collection
Kokoro Connect: Original Anime Selection
La storia della Arcana Famiglia
Little Busters!: Collection 1
Medaka Box
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Queen's Blade: Rebellion
Shining Hearts
Tsuritama

That's quite a lot, I guess Sentai is secretly cooperating with Australia to get titles out early for them.

Kokoro Connect: TV Series Collection - tested and confirmed region A/B

BTOOOM!: and Kokoro Connect: OVA's added to the list.

NormanicGrav said:
That's quite a lot, I guess Sentai is secretly cooperating with Australia to get titles out early for them.
Ef: A tale of memories and Ef: A tale of melodies were originally zone A only, and only the later version are A/B.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean Part 1 is Region B compatible, confirmed and tested by myself. It's just a typo on the info sheet as the discs show AB. I honestly had a hunch this would be AB as it wouldn't make sense if they released the series A only when the first few episodes are available to us through Funimation's YouTube channel and while Australia's release hasn't got their rating on the disc.

20131017_110145.jpg

The following will be B compatible (require testing of course):
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series - A, B, 1, 2, 4
Bimbogami-ga: Good Luck Girl!: Complete Series - A, B, 1
Fairy Tail: Part 7 - A, B, 1, 2, 4
Fairy Tail: Phoenix Priestess - A, B, 1, 2, 4
Jormungand: Season 1 - A, B, 1, 2, 4
OniAi: Complete Series - A, B, 1, 2, 4

Unfortunately; Akira, Aquarion EVOL, Maken-ki!: Season 1, One Piece: Strong World, Wolf Children are locked to A, 1

sanji no 1 said:
Are you sure Medaka Box Is region free? I've checked on Amazon on Bluray.com and it says it's region A
Please someone reply!

Amazon.com always says Region A to virtually everything (to avoid Reverse importation I guess).

sanji no 1 said:
Are you sure Medaka Box Is region free? I've checked on Amazon on Bluray.com and it says it's region A
Please someone reply!
Yes it is. I watched it on my PS3 and it just boots with the Hanabee logo.
Interestingly enough Campione! boots to the Sentai logo, maybe suggesting that Sentai are authoring discs as AB by default now?

Mangaranga said:
sanji no 1 said:
Please someone reply!
Yes it is. I watched it on my PS3 and it just boots with the Hanabee logo.
Interestingly enough Campione! boots to the Sentai logo, maybe suggesting that Sentai are authoring discs as AB by default now?

Seriously? Great thanks! Where can you buy it?

Anyone know if
AnoHana - The Flower We Saw That Day: Complete Series Premium Edition
Bunny Drop: Complete Series Premium Edition

are the same as the standard edition? So the discs are the same with it working on European PS3

BDT87 said:
Anyone know if
AnoHana - The Flower We Saw That Day: Complete Series Premium Edition
Bunny Drop: Complete Series Premium Edition

are the same as the standard edition? So the discs are the same with it working on European PS3

It's possible, eventually someone will get one of them for Christmas and test it out.

In other news, Say I Love You has been given the AB treatment as well (I am so amazed by how much AB titles we are getting from Sentai now) but unfortunately (presumably due to reverse importation reasons) Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Humanity Has Declined and possibly So I Can't Play H are Region A only, unless someone skips the block like any other title. With the exception of the subtitle only BDs and the delayed Nyan Koi! (originally supposed to arrive last September), every title released on BD from Sentai is AB compatible [BTOOOM!, Girls und Panzer TV, Kokoro Connect OVA, Say I Love You].

BTOOOM! is getting released here in the UK by MVM so hope they will release it as a Blu-Ray as well.

BDT87 said:
BTOOOM! is getting released here in the UK by MVM so hope they will release it as a Blu-Ray as well.
It's MVM... You know, the company with like, four Bluray releases and terrible covers.
I doubt that the AU licensor will wait to split costs with MVM when they can just import and repackage the US AB discs, and MVM isn't going to author Bluray discs on their own.
Since it's an MVM license I'd just be happy that there's an AB release available elsewhere.

Mangaranga said:
BDT87 said:
It's MVM... You know, the company with like, four Bluray releases and terrible covers.
I doubt that the AU licensor will wait to split costs with MVM when they can just import and repackage the US AB discs, and MVM isn't going to author Bluray discs on their own.
Since it's an MVM license I'd just be happy that there's an AB release available elsewhere.

I was honestly going to say the same but my reply would have been a bit worse.

Basically all of the new announcements that MVM have done aren't going to get a Blu-ray release here, including Girls und Panzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back