US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Passing Through said:
This might need further confirmation...

Elfen Lied + OVA is Region AB

Well this just gets better and better. This will make up for the 101 port of ADV's release.

Mangaranga said:
Viz Media releases also work by pressing the Main Menu button, but I've only tried it with both parts of Tiger & Bunny and the first part of Lagrange.

Hopefully it works with all of them, I've been considering picking up Viz's version of Berserk if they grab Descent uncut.

So I guess where series 1 & the movie of Heaven's Lost Property is Region A/B, Series 2 is region A only?

Boo

robot monkey said:
Is there any particular reason so many North American BDs are region A&B, you don't get so much of that with other animation & live action from North America?
For content generated in the US, it would be because they want to protect the overseas markets, which is why the region system exists in the first place. Anime is a little different because America is in the secondary market.
One reasons for AB or unlocked anime discs is that the American licencee has a license to one or more B regions (FUNi often grabs UK/Eire, Aus/NZ and South Africa along with the US rights for example) or is working with someone who does (FUNi has authored discs for Manga and Madman, and Sentai does the same for Hanabee).

I was wondering if anyone has tested out Umineko (http://store.nisamerica.com/Anime/Umineko-WHEN-THEY-CRY-Volume-1-2-Premium-Bonus-Set) from NISA? I own it but do not own a bluray player or ps3.
A couple of weeks ago I attempted to buy a PS3, one of the original ones which could play ps2 games, the blurays worked but I cannot confirm if the console had a mod chip or any modification to it as it couldn't play ps3 games as it would overheat and shutdown after a couple of seconds so I traded it back.
It claims to be region A but as above who knows with NIS =P
Can anyone confirm it works with a B? Australian ps3?
Thanks in advance

Happy Lemon said:
I was wondering if anyone has tested out Umineko (http://store.nisamerica.com/Anime/Umineko-WHEN-THEY-CRY-Volume-1-2-Premium-Bonus-Set) from NISA? I own it but do not own a bluray player or ps3.
A couple of weeks ago I attempted to buy a PS3, one of the original ones which could play ps2 games, the blurays worked but I cannot confirm if the console had a mod chip or any modification to it as it couldn't play ps3 games as it would overheat and shutdown after a couple of seconds so I traded it back.
It claims to be region A but as above who knows with NIS =P
Can anyone confirm it works with a B? Australian ps3?
Thanks in advance
It's already mentioned in the first post that a majority of NISA releases on BD (with the exception of daily lives of high school boys which is region free) do work on zone B PS3s

Good News everyone, Kokoro Connect (TV) is Region A and B. Which should mean the OVAs (separated for December release) could also be A and B.

The following have been confirmed to be Region B compatible by Asian Blu-ray, Mania & Fandom Post:

SOS! Tokyo Metro Explorers: The Next (Honneamise release)
Sword of the Stranger (Bandai Entertainment release)
Vexille (S.A.V.E. Edition)
Yukikaze (Honneamise release)

Thanks for the info on Vexille. As the normal version was A only, I assumed the s.a.v.e. version was. After seeing your post, I had a search and found the post on Fandom with an image of the back cover. Clearly shows A/B.

Emulsion said:
Thanks for the info on Vexille. As the normal version was A only, I assumed the s.a.v.e. version was. After seeing your post, I had a search and found the post on Fandom with an image of the back cover. Clearly shows A/B.

I noticed Vexille for about £11 on UP1 so I wondered what it looked like (no cover was shown on the item) and found out it got A and B on the back, it's also one of the first S.A.V.E. editions I hear.

Tsuritama and Medaka Box are both Region AB/boot to Hanabee logo. Both releases are also Subtitle Locked.
Maybe this is how Sentai are getting stuff out quicker. I do wonder if they're starting to author discs as region AB more or less by default now too.

Mangaranga said:
Tsuritama and Medaka Box are both Region AB/boot to Hanabee logo. Both releases are also Subtitle Locked.
Maybe this is how Sentai are getting stuff out quicker. I do wonder if they're starting to author discs as region AB more or less by default now too.

Could you confirm if Medaka Box still has the Glitch in the english dub please.

I knew this would be region free, why would Funimation allow us to watch the whole series on their YouTube anyway?

First Haganai, then High School DxD, then We Without Wings and now Sankarea: Undying Love. All whom have been AB 124 and been available on Funi YouTube.

We Without Wings (Season 1) ~ BD: AB ~ DVD: 124

1663611bh.jpg

Sankarea: Undying Love ~ BD: AB ~ DVD: 124

565036_721253241235210_562127195_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back