Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now is that an art box with that blue collectors edition banner plastered across the top or just a slip cover to hold the Blu-ray case and what looks like a book. The first two discs will be the Blu-rays with the first 13 episodes on, wonder what disc 3 is.

Emulsion said:
Now is that an art box with that blue collectors edition banner plastered across the top or just a slip cover to hold the Blu-ray case and what looks like a book. The first two discs will be the Blu-rays with the first 13 episodes on, wonder what disc 3 is.

Third disc is the extras on DVD. It was confirmed during one of the major Comic Con's (the one that was a few days after Funimation announced their release date).

I'm guessing the slip cover is like the FMA:B Collection sets.

NormanicGrav said:
Third disc is the extras on DVD. It was confirmed during one of the major Comic Con's (the one that was a few days after Funimation announced their release date).

I'm guessing the slip cover is like the FMA:B Collection sets.

On Funimation's release the extras are on the Blu-rays correct? Or are these different extras on the DVD.

Hopefully the art box is chipboard and that blue banner is just a card or something because it ruins it.

I notice the collector's edition has a different cover for volume 1 as well. reversible cover for the normal maybe?

This looks wonderful.

0000249125.jpg
10952745-1399040052-206907.jpg

And here's Another's BD Cover.

10951591-1398787530-560657.jpg
10951591-1398787530-560699.jpg

Really wanted to get the Collectors Edition of Attack on Titan, but I have a horrible feeling it'll be flimsy card like FMA:Brotherhood.

Plus I don't like the banner with that artwork...and is there any need to keep putting 'Part 1, episodes 1 - 13' on the front on releases? Bah.

I love Studio Canal's Ghibli LEs. I wished they'd released the older films that way as well.

NormanicGrav said:
This looks wonderful.
Is that supposed to be the Major on the front of the Steelbook? It looks more like Togusa. I don't think Manga could've unearthed a less flattering image (unless it actually IS Togusa, I suppose, in which case... that'd be a weird choice of character to put on the cover).

fabricatedlunatic said:
I love Studio Canal's Ghibli LEs. I wished they'd released the older films that way as well.

NormanicGrav said:
This looks wonderful.
Is that supposed to be the Major on the front of the Steelbook? It looks more like Togusa. I don't think Manga could've unearthed a less flattering image (unless it actually IS Togusa, I suppose, in which case... that'd be a weird choice of character to put on the cover).

Firstly it's the artwork of the Japanese Blu-Ray release, and secondly i'm sure it is the Puppet Master (or at least one of the hosts)

GolGotha said:
Really wanted to get the Collectors Edition of Attack on Titan, but I have a horrible feeling it'll be flimsy card like FMA:Brotherhood.

Plus I don't like the banner with that artwork...and is there any need to keep putting 'Part 1, episodes 1 - 13' on the front on releases? Bah.
I don't get the need for FUNimation and MangaUK to put the Japanese logo underneath the English one either. Is it just to be like "Hey look, this show is Japanese! Japanese things are cool" or what?

britguy said:
Firstly it's the artwork of the Japanese Blu-Ray release, and secondly i'm sure it is the Puppet Master (or at least one of the hosts)
Wasn't the Puppet Master's only host in the movie... the Major? And that woman with long blonde hair. Whoever it is, dey fuuuugly.

fabricatedlunatic said:
britguy said:
Wasn't the Puppet Master's only host in the movie... the Major? And that woman with long blonde hair. Whoever it is, dey fuuuugly.

Yeah i'm sure it's an interpretation of the woman

2501HostBody.jpg

The fact it says 14-26 confuses me. There's only 25 episodes of the main series. Unless they're including the recap episode.

NormanicGrav said:
The fact it says 14-26 confuses me. There's only 25 episodes of the main series. Unless they're including the recap episode.

Possibly an auto assumption on the designers part, these things do seem to slip through.

Also ugly as hell, the UK release just doesn't seem to look as good as either the US or the Aus one.

britguy said:
Rosencrantz said:
Also ugly as hell, the UK release just doesn't seem to look as good as either the US or the Aus one.

Hast the USA Part 2 been shown yet?

According to Madman, the Part 2 US release should be around Sept/Oct time, makes sense since Manga needs a few months to make their 'PAL'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back