Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
91rimnd7oqlaa1500.jpg

91qizblhclaa1500.jpg

Not keen on the design but I'll be glad to get my hands on the BD regardless.

Is there anything in HSotD that would warrant BBFC edits? Can't be any worse than Mnemosyne, surely, and that passed uncut.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Is there anything in HSotD that would warrant BBFC edits? Can't be any worse than Mnemosyne, surely, and that passed uncut.
All the stuff that was cut for TV broadcast was bad enough to warrent them.
Lots of faces being smashed in and some suicides.

Reaper gI said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

All the stuff that was cut for TV broadcast was bad enough to warrent them.
Lots of faces being smashed in and some suicides.

Faces smashed in should be ok, it passes in live-action ergo should in animated form. Ditto suicides, I know they have a thing about kid suicides from paranoia Agent, but these are teens and we've seen such things in Battle Royale.

Birdy cover is the same as the US release. It's okay. But Birdy's kinetic action scenes really deserve the hi-def treatment, and I'm torn over whether to get Manga's release or wait for a possible BD from Funi.

Guess I'll wait for JPT's review to confirm whether or not it's native PAL. That'd be a reasonable compromise.

The cover rather than the anime, could we have a bit more flesh please Funi (as Manga just used their cover after all)

I never thought I'd say this, but I preferred the original releases cover,

51HWCBA1FPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

fabricatedlunatic said:
Birdy cover is the same as the US release. It's okay. But Birdy's kinetic action scenes really deserve the hi-def treatment, and I'm torn over whether to get Manga's release or wait for a possible BD from Funi.

Guess I'll wait for JPT's review to confirm whether or not it's native PAL. That'd be a reasonable compromise.

Got the check discs yesterday. I haven't had a chance to give it the full run through or check run times, but I did make sure to go through an action scene with frame advance.

Zero blended frames = native PAL!

EDIT, just checked the runtime, and it comes to 295 minutes, with the US listings between 300 and 325 depending on the store, I'd say it's definitely a native PAL conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back