Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

It’s being pink because it’s a shojo is literally the only reason I can see so.

While I agree with everything said about banners being silly and gendering banners being even sillier (especially as CCS of all shows has a colossal male fanbase too), I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt here. The word Sakura is so tightly tied to the colour pink that they could have been playing off that to avoid blue melting into another shade of blue; the colour pink has always been daubed all over CCS-related materials. If they thought it was aimed at girls, Manga probably wouldn't have released it in the first place given their prior comments ^^;

The art would look 10x better without any strip of colour at all, of course.

R

While I agree with everything said about banners being silly and gendering banners being even sillier (especially as CCS of all shows has a colossal male fanbase too), I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt here. The word Sakura is so tightly tied to the colour pink that they could have been playing off that to avoid blue melting into another shade of blue; the colour pink has always been daubed all over CCS-related materials. If they thought it was aimed at girls, Manga probably wouldn't have released it in the first place given their prior comments ^^;

The art would look 10x better without any strip of colour at all, of course.

R

Pretty much. Wish the banners would go away on slipcase covers but to be honest the pink fits the show well with the whole cherry blossom motif. I wonder if the Amarays will be pink as well - I know Love Live pulled this trick on the Japanese standard sets.

Honestly I like the pink, because that's what gets used for most CS stuff. So in my eyes it's a shame the cover is so blue.

So no matching chipboard box like the first season parts? *sigh* That's as bad as Funimation, though - do they really want that kind of reputation?

Last edited:
Some upcoming AL SEs.
mH4WOAj.jpg

tiqBXO4.jpg

ylbUh4n.png

A2oVh2m.jpg

SSojPF7.jpg

Back