Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

StudioCanal have the UK Distribution rights to The Red Turtle as far as I'm aware, hope we get a release sooner rather than later. A theatrical wider release would be incredible.

EDIT 2: Okay, the link actually does work, huh.

Request Rejected

StudioCanal have the UK Distribution rights to The Red Turtle as far as I'm aware, hope we get a release sooner rather than later. A theatrical wider release would be incredible.

Request Rejected

That's a good spot, I don't think Studiocanal has announced they have The Red Turtle yet. But it doesn't have any dialogue, so if you can deal with no bonus features, you could always import the French release.

Wonder if the digipack will be easier to remove from the slipcover than the one from Princess Kaguya. Literally took me over 10 minutes trying to open it when I first watched it. Was scared to force it too much in case I ripped it.

Speaking of Studio Canal, whatever happened to their Boy And The Beast release? It seems to have vanished from Amazon.

It was delayed to an unspecified date for unspecified reasons.

People on the forum have been wildly speculating, but I don't think anybody had a sensible enough suggestion for me to repeat.

Wonder if the digipack will be easier to remove from the slipcover than the one from Princess Kaguya. Literally took me over 10 minutes trying to open it when I first watched it. Was scared to force it too much in case I ripped it.

It seems like a one-off issue. The Arrietty, From Up On Poppy Hill, and The Wind Rises CEs had no issues getting the digipack out.

Thankfully, Princess Kaguya is a terrible film that I see no need to rewatch, so I'm unlikely to ever actually need to remove the digipack.

When Marnie Was There was the first and currently only time I have professionally awarded a 10/10 rating in a review, so you better believe I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

When Marnie Was There was the first and currently only time I have professionally awarded a 10/10 rating in a review, so you better believe I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.
Good man, it's possibly my favourite Ghibli movie, maybe even my favourite anime movie overall.

Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's Edition artwork has popped up on Amazon.

Part 1
71RpB9muA8L._SL1000_.jpg

Part 2
61hRPMMmUGL._SL1000_.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's Edition artwork has popped up on Amazon.

Part 1
71RpB9muA8L._SL1000_.jpg
Part 2
61hRPMMmUGL._SL1000_.jpg

Worth noting, those are both O-CARDS that go round it - the box underneath are the same rigids that go in the Ultimate :). So you can have it without any logos etc as per if desired.

AP

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed in the Kaguya collector's edition too - I had the exact same issue with the case being almost impossible to remove, and after that, the card wouldn't lie flat on the spine because it had bent out of shape. Also, for the added price, all you're really getting is a card case / diff artwork and a few postcards.

The FMA sets look alright I guess (I like the artwork on the actual boxes a lot more, but the title on the spine looks stupid), that said at £55 each I'll probably be passing on this unless there is a sizeable price drop.

The FMA sets look alright I guess (I like the artwork on the actual boxes a lot more, but the title on the spine looks stupid), that said at £55 each I'll probably be passing on this unless there is a sizeable price drop.
If you wanted FMA for cheap, you should've imported the US standard edition.

If these FMA sets were cheaper, I'd probably have gone for them - but as the price of them added together was pretty much what Anime Ltd's special deal for the super complete edition was, I went for that instead.

Back