Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Oh, I completely forgot about that. Looks super. Not sure I need to buy Ouran a third time but it would be nice to have a fancy version and resisting in person at an event or shop would be tough.

R

Of course you need to buy Ouran a third time, how else would you be able to buy it a fourth time?

The set does look nice, I could imagine there being some good potential for the artbook as well (I'm assuming that's an artbook).

Anime Limited
The Case of Hana & Alice
TheCaseOfHanaEtAlice-collector_3D-open-UK.jpg

Your Lie in April
YourLieInApril-part1-collector_3D-open-850x802.jpg

The Hana & Alice set looks nice, I never realized that the director was Shunji Iwai until recently, love his work. Chou-Chou is incredible.

Eden of the East - Complete Series Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Release Date: ETA November 2016
Languages: English and Japanese with English subtitles
Regions: B
SRP: £59.99 [Early Bird deal is available for £29.99]

EDENOFTHEEAST-collector_oCard-3D_1024x1024.jpg

EDENOFTHEEAST-collector_3D-open_1024x1024.jpg

Note: This contains the TV series only.

On-Disc Details:
  • Episodes 1-11
  • Interviews: Director Kamiyama & Original Character Designer Umino Interview, Kimura (Takizawa) & Hayami (Saki) Interview, Directors Kamiyama & Oshii Interview, Art Director Takeda Interview, and Composer Kawai Interview.
  • TV Spot
  • Promotion Video
  • Textless Closing Song
  • Trailers

Collector's Edition Details:
  • Chipboard artbox with clean art and no AL/BBFC logos + Slipcover that contains the AL/BBFC logos/Info details + digipacks to hold the discs
  • 4 Artcards
  • 3 Stickers
  • 40-page Artbook that covers the following:
    • Event Map showing the location of various events from the series, Background Art that also features comments about the art themselves from those who worked on the series.
    • Team Discussions is a very unique read as it features those who worked on the show discussing certain subjects. There’s the Opening Image Director Masanori Yamaguchi and Ending Image Director Shoichi Haruyama discussing their experiences working on these and the friendly rivalry between them. And there’s also Rohei Kimura (the voice of Takizawa) talking to Director Kenji Kamiyama about the origins of the character he voiced in the series.
    • The Anatomy of the Noblesse Mobile is, as they describe it in the book, a dissection of the key item from the series. From it’s functions, to colour variations, specs and more, it’s genuinely fascinating how much detail they went into in this section.
    • And as if that wasn’t enough, there’s even an interview with Kenji Kamiyama that acts as a continuation to the experience after you’ve watched the series.

Here's Funimation's recent collector's edition release for comparison.

Honestly I like the set but my main issue is why they didn't bother to include the two films and the Air Communication OVA? Unless however they plan to release a Movie CE on its own (which I'm fine with), but this may be a bit overkill. On the plus side we have more physical content than what Funi provided. I do think that a standard edition should be offered for those who don't want to wait and/or can't afford the CE, especially as there were two much cheaper editions released earlier (plus the on-disc stuff is the same here).

Honestly I like the set but my main issue is why they didn't bother to include the two films and the Air Communication OVA? Unless however they plan to release a Movie CE on its own (which I'm fine with), but this may be a bit overkill. On the plus side we have more physical content than what Funi provided. I do think that a standard edition should be offered for those who don't want to wait and/or can't afford the CE, especially as there were two much cheaper editions released earlier (plus the on-disc stuff is the same here).

We only have the rights to the series specifically. This is why the movies and OVA aren't included.

Oh I didn't know When Marnie Was There was coming out soon, that set looks pretty good for what it is but not sure if I'll get it or just the £15 version but I'm really looking forward to watching this one.

Back