Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Buzzkillington said:
britguy said:
elaniel said:
Just pre-ordered Samurai Flamenco. Psycho-Pass Blu-Ray is £19.99 on HMV (along with Empire of Corpses) so have just pre-ordered that there.

I can only see the dvd version of Psycho Pass?
Isn't it a BD/DVD combo release?

The £19.99 release is actually the collector's edition BD/DVD, it's just listed incorrectly as a DVD. The barcode matches the collector's edition.
The DVD only release is listed there at £14.99.

elaniel said:
The £19.99 release is actually the collector's edition BD/DVD, it's just listed incorrectly as a DVD. The barcode matches the collector's edition.

So it is, ordered and paid via paypal, many thanks. I allow myself a maximum of £20 for a film and £25 for a series atm, so both of these are inline with my budget :)

britguy said:
elaniel said:

So it is, ordered and paid via paypal, many thanks. I allow myself a maximum of £20 for a film and £25 for a series atm, so both of these are inline with my budget :)

Can't imagine you're buying too many shows then :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
britguy said:
elaniel said:

Can't imagine you're buying too many shows then :p

After buying everything day 1 for years, i've realised a)I don't need to and b) I have a bigger priority right now, buying a house. I'll go back to buying everything and anything once I have my deposit sorted :) Plus those prices...all it takes is a 6 months or so and you can find them somewhere :p

Even though I have Funimations premium seasons 1 and 2 of Psycho-Pass I might have to get AL version of the movie seen as it comes with an artbook. Funi's version only comes with a few artcards.

I assume the movie is using the same discs as Funi's anyway.

Mangatsu - Now with 3D cover arts

The Moderns:

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Too!: Complete Collection [Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
91Pb7X8p4ML._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
The Perfect Insider: Complete Collection [Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
81KpM611ujL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Soul Eater NOT!: Complete Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91PJvqlHyvL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Trinity Seven: Complete Collection [Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
91YklFb65iL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91-fnQZAa1L._SL1500_.jpg

9143F4rH8yL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Wish Upon The Pleiades: Complete Collection [Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
91dF1Tylp9L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

The Retro & Shonen:

Digimon: Digital Monsters: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91rUrQJ%2BuDL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Digimon: Digital Monsters: Season 2 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91oUtDZWniL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Naruto Shippuden: Box 26 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
9166W9yG76L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Naruto: Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals: Collection 2 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91smg12wR2L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Pokemon Movie 1-3 Collection [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
Pokemon_Movies_1_3_collection.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91BbeJN0j8L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Season 2 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91EU5Qyjq2L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Season 1 Collection [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
914qHR4vS9L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

I wonder how Digimon holds up, haven't seen it in years but it makes me really nostalgic. I was always a Pokemon person (as you know, when you're a child you always have to pledge allegiance to one or the other!) but Digimon was always cool. Engslish dub might be grating today.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first 54 eps of Digimon were the only ones that were shown on 'free' UK TV (ie. CITV) before it switched over to pay channels (Carton Network I believe)?

Jaysgba said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Are the Digimon sets full 54 episodes? I'd love to see the RRP on that.

They're both full season sets - 54 episodes for Adventure, 50 episodes for Adventure 02.

And, going by Amazon, they're not that expensive either. About £40 per set which, for 50+ episodes, is pretty reasonable.

Lutga said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the first 54 eps of Digimon were the only ones that were shown on 'free' UK TV (ie. CITV) before it switched over to pay channels (Carton Network I believe)?

All of Digimon Adventure, Digmon Adventure 02 and Just the first few episodes of Digimon Tamers (much to my despair) all aired on CITV back in the day, they also aired those series including the rest of the Tamers episode's exclusively on FOX Kids/Jetix.

Digimon Frontier has never aired at all on UK TV, Digimon Data Squad aired on Kix! and Digimon Fusion marked the return of Digimon to CITV.

qaiz said:
I wonder how Digimon holds up, haven't seen it in years but it makes me really nostalgic. I was always a Pokemon person (as you know, when you're a child you always have to pledge allegiance to one or the other!) but Digimon was always cool. Engslish dub might be grating today.

After coming off a rewatch of Adventure/Adventure 02 just a couple of years ago, it definitely holds up well,especially compared to some of it's contemporary's from that Late 90's/00's time period. I mean I loved stuff like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters & Beyblade for very much nostalgic reasons but all of them have not aged particularity well at all. I think Digimon has stood time because the way it develops it's cast, some might say it's too slow at first, but I say that it's only a good thing as it gives time for each DigiDestined and their Digimon Partners to be fleshed out and when that payoff starts to hit in the Arc commencing around Episode 21/22...man! Adventure 02 admittedly doesn't quite hold up as well, as pretty much anything after the Digimon Emperor story arc is just a complete blur, I couldn't tell you what happens unless I looked it up, I still have a vague consensus in my head that it was still pretty good though!

The dub is definitely corny ("These DigiDestined are making me feel a little...batty".) no sidestepping that, but it's thoroughly entertaining with some great performances at least! Honestly could probably never see myself wanting to watch it any other way!

Last edited by a moderator:
britguy said:
I'll likely pick up the first 2 sets of Digimon in hope that Manga release Tamers as well, which is my favourite of the shows.

It's Adventure > Adventure 02> Xros Wars > Tamers > Frontier for me.

I can only remember up to the end of the Dark Masters arc, as far as it goes when it comes to Digimon - It will always stick in my mind because it was airing during my final year or two of primary school, and then lead into Cardcaptors / Monster Rancher airing when I started secondary school.

cyborg 002 said:
But the Digimon releases will still be the edited version as when it was on TV correct?

Indeed, but if they use the US Flatiron DVD masters, prepare for a slight difference to what you used to watch on TV as it won't be sped up for PAL.

Lutga said:
I can only remember up to the end of the Dark Masters arc, as far as it goes when it comes to Digimon - It will always stick in my mind because it was airing during my final year or two of primary school, and then lead into Cardcaptors / Monster Rancher airing when I started secondary school.

I'd... graduated Uni at that point.

cyborg 002 said:
But the Digimon releases will still be the edited version as when it was on TV correct?

Seems so. And as much as I'd personally love a legal subbed version of early Digimon, the dub does hold a special place in my heart. Even with some of the OTT corny dialogue.

Besides, I have a young niece and nephew I'm trying to introduce to anime. And this is a dub I'll happily sit through with them.

Back