Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

I'm probably the only one, but I haven't got a problem with them being DVD size. It won't be the first DVD sized blu-ray on my shelves (Persona 4, Ga-rei-zero, Rideback to name a few).

I'm probably the only one, but I haven't got a problem with them being DVD size. It won't be the first DVD sized blu-ray on my shelves (Persona 4, Ga-rei-zero, Rideback to name a few).

The problem is for most people who organise their anime. The set doesn't match with season 1, which is a huge annoyance. It didn't need to have a chipboard box like Season 1, but atleast keeping the same height would of been appreciated.

You guys all know my thoughts on matching sets and my thoughts on Raildex. So y'all probably know what page I'm on.

Considering that the Season One sets of each apparently didn't perform as expected, I can unfortunately understand why Manga may have hesitated to revisit the chipboard packaging. However, neither the Season One of Index or Railgun were released as DVD combi-packs, so making the two sequel series one just doesn't make sense from a collector's point of view. Now, Blu-ray owners are going to have unneeded DVDs for half the series and mismatching heights, while DVD owners are going to have unneeded Blu-rays for half the series and mismatching sets due to the blu-ray banner.

I'm guessing that, due to lower sales of earlier Raildex sets, Manga wanted to consolidate stock into a single SKU per series. However, that means everyone who purchased the S1 of Index or Railgun is going to have an inconsistent collection :/.

(Also, it's really minor - but interesting how they've changed the branding from Animatsu to Manga. Wonder what the reason for that was).

If you're that concerned I can do a straight swap US Index season 2 BD sets for their UK counterparts.

I also have the US DVD sets for Railgun R which are obviously in DVD sized cases

Studio Canal | A Mamoru Hosoda film: The Studio and the Canal

81CsCcZPbxL._SL1500_.jpg

MVM

Girls und Panzer der Film [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81iGnGykiYL._SL1500_.jpg
817vLqeOCFL._SL1500_.jpg

GOD EATER: Volume 2 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81UnvWvOpeL._SL1500_.jpg

81SlgC0h%2BSL._SL1500_.jpg

Nurse Witch Komugi R: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81riSCo8HiL._SL1500_.jpg
814BBYxGIHL._SL1500_.jpg

MVM

Girls und Panzer der Film [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81iGnGykiYL._SL1500_.jpg
817vLqeOCFL._SL1500_.jpg

GOD EATER: Volume 2 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81UnvWvOpeL._SL1500_.jpg

81SlgC0h%2BSL._SL1500_.jpg

Nurse Witch Komugi R: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
81riSCo8HiL._SL1500_.jpg
814BBYxGIHL._SL1500_.jpg
I like MVM cover reveals, they're always the exact same amount of slightly disappointing, but at least we know they're not actively trying to screw us over.

I like MVM cover reveals, they're always the exact same amount of slightly disappointing, but at least we know they're not actively trying to screw us over.

What confuses me is that the Blu-ray covers basically use the DVD cover but squashed, and sometimes swap the back info.

The rogue apostrophe they added to "Blu-ray's" makes me sad. So sad I had to check the Sentai version to confirm that it was exclusive to our cover.

R

On Snow White they should of moved the bbfc logo to the left side instead of covering that characters face... Hopefully they change that later.

Ask and ye shall receive - this has been fixed for the finished stock of our Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2 Collection!

Attachments

• FNUK-3910_Snow_White_Part_2_BD-standard_3D_PG_Cert_PO_1024x1024.jpg
    FNUK-3910_Snow_White_Part_2_BD-standard_3D_PG_Cert_PO_1024x1024.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 43
Back