Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Wow. That is an astonishingly bad decision. Mismatched spines are one thing but using a different size case? What on Earth were they thinking? I'm suddenly feeling super vindicated in importing all of the US Raildex sets.

IMG_0888.JPG
Oh geez, how hard was it to just use have them be BD only and have them be consistent with the S1 sets? I was looking forward to getting these but now I'm unsure.

Well that made my decision on whether to go with UK or USA sets for Index/Railgun easier, i've got the UK sets of Season 1 of Index & Railgun and the USA sets of Index 2 & Movie so i'll just replace my UK sets with the USA ones.

If they really wanted to make them Combo packs, all they had to do was make them BD size :rolleyes:.

Manga Animatsu | A Certain Magical Super Punch & Scientific S SOL

magical-index-movie.png

a-certain-magical-index-season-2.png

a-certain-scientific-railgun-season-2.png

Q1fd5i6.gif

Well this is rather annoying, im half tempted to import the second seasons as they will match up better with season one. I don't think it's much to ask for the sets to match up, id even overlook the ridiculous price.

What does this even mean? The UK price is too much because it's the same as the US price? Don't really follow your logic here.

Well, generally UK anime should cost less because of importing is quite expensive, it's one of the reasons why it's preferable, but the US version is a better product for the same price, therefore is better value. Just what I think he meant anyway, might be off the mark.

Lol it's like they're just trolling. That said....

What does this even mean? The UK price is too much because it's the same as the US price? Don't really follow your logic here.

It should never be cheaper to import a series than the buy it in the UK if its the same product. the exchange rate is crap as well, my point is why bother with the UK set when I can have the US set that matches season 1.

I stand by what I said, the price is ok to me.

US release isn't region free as far as I know, mangauk releases drop price fairy quick as well.

The release is awful, I agree on that part. But comparing a old US release price that had price drops with a new one isn't exactly fair. (plus importing means paying customs for me, these stores aren't Portugal friendly)

It doesn't matter if it's new or old, that's the competition. Neither Railgun or index are new shows regardless of the forthcoming UK release.

Nope. Just nope.

That is God awful!
They gained a little faith from me by going against their current copy Sentai spine config with Chunibyo 2 to make it match season one. They did the artbox the same and everything! Danmatchi! Amagi! Umaru! Not perfect but steps in the right direction of making a proper collector's edition!

I lowered my guard.
I thought they'd turned over a new leaf.
I thought they'd listened to the fans.
I thought they were crippled throughout the entire interview, but no! they were the evil mastermind behind every bad thing all along! They were Keyser Soze!!!!!!!

Ok yeah, I'm a little disappointed.
(Pre order cancelled. US version ordered)
They're making it very hard to support the UK industry when they're putting out s#it like this..

Rant over. It's not for me.

I don't understand why someone thought this was a good idea.

I wouldn't of minded so much if these were Season 1's, but Season 2's? Urgh. I've pre-ordered from Up1 & they don't take cancellations well going by one forum users experience :( so not sure what to do ...risk UP1's wrath & import?! (are the US sets Region B friendly?) or stick with it & just try not to look at my shelf..

I don't understand why someone thought this was a good idea.

I wouldn't of minded so much if these were Season 1's, but Season 2's? Urgh. I've pre-ordered from Up1 & they don't take cancellations well going by one forum users experience :( so not sure what to do ...risk UP1's wrath & import?! (are the US sets Region B friendly?) or stick with it & just try not to look at my shelf..

UP1 ain't too bad with cancellations. I've cancelled some items and they accepted it. They are only annoyed with figurines.

As for US regions they're A|1 only.

Back