81uE3wClG7L._SL1433_.jpg
Fairy Tail: Part 11 [DVD]
A1NkgsYYyWL._SL1500_.jpg
Mikagura School Suite: Complete Series [Combo]
71WVPoWo2vL._SL1433_.jpg
Yona of the Dawn: Part 2 [Combo]
81TgCG3eOwL._SL1433_.jpg
/SPOILER]

Lagann artwork is the same as the Australian set iirc.

EDIT: Actually, the back of the AoA Movie set has the same artwork.

Manga Animatsu

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.: Solid State Society [Blu-ray]
81wcF52XLnL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Compilation: Individual 11 [Blu-ray]
71uw8ehEUDL._SL1500_.jpg

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Compilation: The Laughing Man [Blu-ray]
81dd5ixYmvL._SL1500_.jpg

The simple art is nice, but boy does that 'Now a major motion picture' thing really just screams cash in.
You cant blame Manga for cashing in on the movie, it's free publicity. It's the perfect time to release this so they can capitalise on the interest. Will these be release separately or in one collection btw?

I have to admit I'm not a fan of how these look - the Individual Eleven / Laughing Mans already looked cheap to begin with (it's basically the same design as the old ones) - although I guess the line-art of the Major is kinda cool. I think it's just the font / big 'Motion picture' sticker that looks bad to me.

These are no doubt going to sell for super cheap. The blu-Rays are £13 RRP right now, so I can see them going for less than a tenner on release - so I imagine especially if they're given front of store placing in HMV when the live action film comes out, they could sell very nicely indeed.

I already know the answer, but I'm assuming these compilations are not a good introduction to the series but I should buy them anyway to encourage Manga to release the full series?

They're a decent way to get the overall plot of each season of GITs - but obviously cut out the 'stand alone' episodes, which are arguably the better element of GITS SAC.

SSS cover looks decent, would be better without that motion picture crap.

The first Blu-ray releases cover was a mess, front artwork was ok but they had just used the original DVD cover and added a massive blue double play banner on the front. All the sepcs on the back were for the DVD, no mention of Blu-ray anywhere except on the front. The DVD extras listed wasn't there as they was on a second disc with the original DVD release. Blu-ray does have extras but the info on the case actually stats "DVD Extras" so anyone that didn't have a Blu-ray player at the time wouldn't get the extras.

Back