Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Golden Kamyu Season 1 Limited Edition contains episodes 1-12 of the anime directed by Hitoshi Nanba plus an art card and 80 page art book housed in a chipboard box.
Interesting. I’m curious to see how the finished product will look considering how controversial it apparently is.

It wasn't meant to be harsh, I think the set looks awful, some thinks don't translate well, as an anime fan you should realise that.
I think they were confused about the "RIP anyone who drops money on that" part since that does sound particularly violent if you don't fully understand the language. Literally ripping someone apart over an anime set would be pretty extreme.

I think they were confused about the "RIP anyone who drops money on that" part since that does sound particularly violent if you don't fully understand the language. Literally ripping someone apart over an anime set would be pretty extreme.
I think it was more RIP as in Rest in Peace and the correlations to death that it brings. Or at least I think that’s how it was interpreted.

Saying something you normally say about someone who just died just because they chose to buy a piece of media was a weird choice. I would have gone with something like:
ConcernedThunderousFish-small.gif

This is how I commonly see rip used, besides the obvious one.

Its just something you say when someone fails at something or does something stupid.

Screenshot_2019-01-16-15-56-19-1.png

Never seen it used that way. Must be something the yoof say.
Indeed both the example above and another example which seems similar on Urban dictionary are dated 2016!

Back