Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

[JP]

Honey & Clover - Seasons 1 & 2 [Blu-ray Disc Box]
Cr3j9EtUEAAWfUa.jpg
This looks like a title Anime Limited should acquire going by the artwork.

Not that I doubt the series quality but saying that they should aquire it and release it on the boxart alone is...putting the cart before the horse.

Not that I doubt the series quality but saying that they should aquire it and release it on the boxart alone is...putting the cart before the horse.
I'm genuinely surprised that neither of you have seen this wonderful show (judging by your comments). It's a fairly unique show (or at least similar shows are rare). though maybe that makes it harder to guess if people would enjoy it. I'd certainly say it's worth taking a chance on trying, it does what it does very well so if that happens to be something that appeals to you then it'd be well worth your time.

It's basically a fairly realistic story about the different relationships between a group of people and the changes they go through. There's love involved but it's not a romance story. It has some great characters and they all get some significant development. I expect someone else could explain it better but it's the sort of thing that makes more sense when you see it in action.

It'd certainly be great if Anime Limited were to release the blu-ray.

I've heard of Honey and Clover due to the popularity of the manga and the hard to mistake art that has populated the internet for years (manga started in 2000) but it just doesn't look like something I care to watch. I'm sure its good.

Man gotta love that "If you moan about price you must be poor" attitude lol like wtf is wrong with these people? Complete morons.

Yep. That's the mark of a tool, alright.

I mean, COME ON. That's a really great way to ensure the show underperforms. It's been completely removed from my shopping list now. Just trying to keep up with Viz's Ranma 1/2 DVD sets was a monumental task. Guess this one can go on the list with Space Brothers as being unattainable for Yours Truly.

Those Blu-ray.com comments are a complete joke.
I have to point out though, @Buzz201, that it's kind of funny how you reacted in this comment considering you told me the same thing they did just a few weeks ago. I guess being on the other side of this argument made you realise how ridiculous it is.

I think the only thing he meant is that the art looks great and we'd likely get more of it were AL to release it.

Those Blu-ray.com comments are a complete joke.
I have to point out though, @Buzz201, that it's kind of funny how you reacted in this comment considering you told me the same thing they did just a few weeks ago. I guess being on the other side of this argument made you realise how ridiculous it is.

I don't think I made that comment quite as seriously as you think.

I would however note that the French market is significantly cheaper, even for releases where discs are shared between the UK and France. (I think that's why @anime tends not to divulge when their releases have English subs on them.) It could be argued that comparisons between the two (even indirect ones like suggesting the other's release is much more expensive) are less fair than comparisons between the UK & the US.

In this instance it might be worth noting that Kana has been releasing Hunter x Hunter (2011) in France for years, so there's always a cheaper option for you.

I've heard of Honey and Clover due to the popularity of the manga and the hard to mistake art that has populated the internet for years (manga started in 2000) but it just doesn't look like something I care to watch. I'm sure its good.
You should give it a go if you get a chance, you often seem to like character/relationship/life focussed shows so it could well be your kind of thing. I couldn't promise it wouldn't be your next Tatami Galaxy though.

Guess this one can go on the list with Space Brothers as being unattainable for Yours Truly.
Space Brothers isn't any more expensive per episode than standard shows though, plus you get Space Brothers quality episodes in every set (well, there are those three recap episodes but even they have a couple of decent scenes).

Last edited:
[JP]

Cr3j9EtUEAAWfUa.jpg

I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of the show. At one point or rather one company sat on the rights though so it's a mystery where they are now - but if I can find them, I certainly will!

Best,

AP

I got the Madman Complete Collection on DVD from Australia when they had a clearance sale last year, and they don't list it anymore, so that avenue's gone. One of the discs was scratched so I wound up getting the US Part 3 from Viz to replace it. It turns out that Viz's DVD release is sweeter than Madman's, native NTSC and nicer subtitles and packaging, but it looks like either their license has lapsed (I went to get Parts 1 & 2 as well, but Part 1 is scarce now and at price gouging levels), or they're sitting on it for a later re-release.

It's a great little show though.

Space Brothers isn't any more expensive per episode than standard shows though, plus you get Space Brothers quality episodes in every set (well, there are those three recap episodes but even they have a couple of decent scenes).

Ah - one issue I'd raise there. The total sum for the show in both cases is well above what I'd pay for a 22 - 26 episode series.

Honestly, as much as my own personal spending habits aren't really relevant, the problem with this kind of release plan is that it's just a significant amount of money - and I tend not to buy a multi-part release of anything until I have the assurance that all of the show in question is available. Viz killed off their Monster single volumes midway, remember.

Thsi is all rapidly approaching a point where it' all moot, anyway. Crunching numbers and going over my finances, it looks like I can only spend abut £50 a month on luxury items right now, anime or otherwise. And that figure is only going to go down in the foreseeable.

So I'm not saying 'so long folks, it was fun while it lasted' just yet, but... you know.

Right, that's why you just wrote a paragraph trying to justify it...
I'm going to perfectly honest. I don't remember the comment, I didn't when I made that post and I still don't now.

I wrote that defensive paragraph under the assumption you had something on your clipboard ready to attack me with, not because I genuinely thought it or was actually trying to defend my previous comments. (You can't defend something you genuinely have no recollection of.)

Never thought I would see the day that a show like Infinite Stratos 2 would get a premium box

Agreed, IS2 is not something that I'd consider warrants a collectors or premium release. Very odd choice on their part.

-edit- Just seen the price in the Overseas News thread, holy crap, gotta be some licence BS going on with this one. I mean we all knew it'd be delayed due to the hold back TBS do but this is like the Oreimo international release. Maybe Sentai will do a standard BD because I can't justify anywhere near what they want for this.

Back