UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

Perfect Blue is a must buy for me since I only own it on VHS right now. Not really fussed about Blu ray usually but will probably go for this one. Just hoping the cover art is an improvement over the lackluster look of the DVD release.

reborn said:
Kenichi seems to be missing from the Calendar.
Being released 10th June.

It was on the anime without release date but confirmed. I think until a few weeks ago it didnt have a proper release date but it seems like it has now, thanks. :)

Updated then.

Just had 2 emails from Sainsbury's stating that some release dates have changed

Tiger and Bunny Part 3 now 15th July
Deadman Wonderland now 9th July (seems a bit strange as that's a Tuesday)

Got the email from Sainsbury's too, except it says Deadman Wonderland is now coming out on the 9th September instead. Authoring issues perhaps? We all know Manga tend to have problems when they have to author it themselves :p Always the possibility that Kadokawa are throwing another hissy fit too. I've tweeted Manga to get an update.

Ath said:
Got the email from Sainsbury's too, except it says Deadman Wonderland is now coming out on the 9th September instead. Authoring issues perhaps? We all know Manga tend to have problems when they have to author it themselves :p Always the possibility that Kadokawa are throwing another hissy fit too. I've tweeted Manga to get an update.
Either that or they are teaming up with someone to create the masters. I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed though. Anything I consider buying from Manga seems to.

Ath said:

You right, my bad. I was rushing as I got home late. Not a bad thing for me as I am getting a lot of releases over the next month and a half.

Does ShopManga count as a reliable source being from Manga Entertainment themself?
Their shop is now also mentioning Deadman Wonderland as being 9 september 2013.

So... the only thing left on my "very likely to get in July"-list got moved to September, wow.
Looking at the possible fall BD releases that are known and I want to get I'm not sure whether I feel happy or sad about this delay...
As for one thing I think we can assume something got caught by QC then? I don't think they'd delay it for 10 weeks for any other reason.

Uk Sub and dub releases

Ok recently we'v been getting anime series with subs only and are later on being re released on DVD and or blu-ray, now being a dubber * likes anime dubbed * I brought blue exorcist without knowing it was going to be only sub. And were getting anime that's only going to get subbed and released over here later.

It would be helpful if we had a thread that gave us a heads up on whats going to be dubbed and only subbed. It would save me from buying the subs when there going to get dubbed.

I'd like to ask RUI to make this in to a sticky thread or at least ask Bakum4tsu to make a note next to the uk releases of what's going to have what you know.

I believe a thread like this would be very useful

Honestly, does it really matter?
I'm not saying you are AF, but the real extreme Dub purists are annoying, not just because they moan about the lack of a dub - which they do, (steer clear of the comments section on ANN when NISA licenses something) - they skip over great shows just because there isn't an English audio track - Bakemonogatari or Garden of Sinners comes to mind.

I really don't see the point in creating a thread for this. Of the shows that are actually released sub only, only a very small amount of them get re-released with a dub, in fact I can only name Clannad, Blue Exorcist and Sentai's upcoming re-release of Nyan-Koi off of the top of my head. Anything which is released sub only is advertised on social media sites and the internet as being so multiple times anyway. By all means mark where there are two different versions of a product available, but I fail to see the need for a "Sub Only Releases" thread.

All I'm saying is that it would be useful if we did have some something like that that's all you know know. And even if there only subs now someone could up date it What's going to be dubbed when they get the info.

I'm just saying

Mangaranga said:
Honestly, does it really matter?
I'm not saying you are AF, but the real extreme Dub purists are annoying, not just because they moan about the lack of a dub - which they do, (steer clear of the comments section on ANN when NISA licenses something) - they skip over great shows just because there isn't an English audio track - Bakemonogatari or Garden of Sinners comes to mind.
Purists are the worst fans either way: dub or sub. I know a sub purist and that person hates me just because I watch dubs.
(And yes: the original version is the way the creator intended it to be, I do understand that reasoning and it's true. But dubs can be good/great/awesome.)

Garden of Sinners, I'll watch that at some point. Bake/Nisemonogatari, I'm hoping to watch it in 2014... ^_^
In the next few weeks I'll be looking into watching a subtitled show this summer. ^_~

I really don't see the point in creating a thread for this. Of the shows that are actually released sub only, only a very small amount of them get re-released with a dub, in fact I can only name Clannad, Blue Exorcist and Sentai's upcoming re-release of Nyan-Koi off of the top of my head. Anything which is released sub only is advertised on social media sites and the internet as being so multiple times anyway. By all means mark where there are two different versions of a product available, but I fail to see the need for a "Sub Only Releases" thread.
Add Special A & Fate/Zero to that list. :)

I also lack a good reason to have a thread to just mention a few titles (Waiting in the Summer, Blue Exorcist dvd, Mayo Chiki, Bakemonogatari, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge, Black Rock Shooter & Bakuman if I recall correctly).

animefreak17 said:
All I'm saying is that it would be useful if we did have some something like that that's all you know know. And even if there only subs now someone could up date it What's going to be dubbed when they get the info.

I'm just saying
Honestly, I'm a dub fan as well... And...
Is it so hard to google "MyAnimeList (Showname)" and check there if a dub exists? Or check the US release?
If a dub exists it'll be on the UK release as well. The only exceptions in recent history being DRRRR & Blue Exorcist,
but to be fair: as far as I'm aware the dub didn't exist at the time of the UK release, so yeah.. It was kinda obvious there wouldn't be one on the disc.

Plus: When announced in the UK the distributor always clearly state that "this will only feature Japanese audio with English subs, no dub exists".
The only exception being Mayo Chiki where MVM assumed a dub was going to be made what didn't happen after all (and they told us about that).

Research isn't that hard.. How do you otherwise decide what you are going to watch?
I always check some videos on YouTube & check MAL for trailers, premise and such. Also reviews if I feel like it.

animefreak17 said:

I'm just saying
You can check if a release has subs, dubs or both via UP1. Better yet you can compare the US releases to the UK.

The (S) = sub only.

Back