UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

Obviously that will be sub-only. There is no English dub for it and MVM don't produce their own. In fact, the current UK industry in general never produces their own dub unless there's no way they can get one from overseas and it's a big title (e.g. a few one-shot shows aimed at a broader audience).

So if you're not sure, check what is on the US/Australian release - ours will be the same. If there's no overseas release, check with the original announcement.

R

Nearly all UK releases are dubbed - if otherwise it will be reported, and I know you frequent at least UK anime news site...
Only one title has been released sub-only and then re-released with a dub (Durarara! was going to have that honour, but it goes to Blue Exorcist instead). Manga said from the get-go that it would be sub-only and this was repeated and discussed by the news sites like this one and stated repeatedly on their Twitter account, especially after the news that a dub would be produced for it.

Just noticed Bleach - The Complete Series 11 is missing for July 29th, Series 12 - Part 1 also has a date on Amazon, but it's a way off yet and only in the product description, so you may want to wait for that one.

On the schedule, it says From Up On Poppy Hill is out August 2nd, can I have a source on that please? Not doubting the validity, I just love my Ghibli & have been waiting for the release so I'd like to see it for myself if possible please?

Dannielle said:
On the schedule, it says From Up On Poppy Hill is out August 2nd, can I have a source on that please? Not doubting the validity, I just love my Ghibli & have been waiting for the release so I'd like to see it for myself if possible please?

ANN said it is being released in cinemas on August 2 so I would think the home release would be later than that (UP1 lists the region 1/A release as being September).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... rom-may-24

StudioCanal is streaming the above promotional film on youtube, confirming the limited U.K. cinema release of My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies from May 24 (celebrating the 25th anniversary of both films' release in Japan) and the cinema release of From Up On Poppy Hill on August 2.

^ Ah! I see. Thanks for the info!
I would presume it would have a November/Dec/Jan release, considering the way the releases have been going (Two in Q2/3 & Two in Q4/1).

bakum4tsu said:
Manga Uk just confirmed 8 July for Un-Go. Anime schedule updated.

Interesting to see that it's not that the Blu-ray is being fixed (it isn't for us unlucky Panasonic owners), but holdups at Kaze's end of the delivery chain. I wonder if its another sign of Kaze's indifference to the UK market, or are the French ports (air and sea) on strike again?

Thanks GolGotcha.

I've updated too with Gurren Laggan, newest Anime Limited license. One complete collection for DVD and 2 sets for Blu-Ray.

Had an email earlier from Sainsburys regarding Bakuman Season 2.

Dear Durial666

Thank you for the order you recently placed on our website http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk
for Bakuman Season 2.

We’re sorry to advise you that this title has been deleted by the supplier and is no longer available. We have made every attempt to secure stock but unfortunately we have just been informed of this issue and are unable to fulfil your order. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and the delay in confirming the shortage of stock.

Any other items you ordered will be despatched as normal and you will receive a despatch confirmation email for each of them.

Actual acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us only take place on despatch of the products ordered. This item will be automatically cancelled. Please be assured we do not charge your credit or debit card until we despatch your order.

If you need more information, please email or call us on 0800 328 1700; one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We’re working hard to improve the service in every way we can and hope you’ll feel able to give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Kind regards,

Sainsbury’s Entertainment Online Team n/quote]

Also Sainsburys also sent one regarding One Piece too. The release seems to have been pushed back to the 15/07/2013.

Note that Amazon UK also mentions that Bakuman Season 2 is currently unavailable.

My guess is due to the bad subtitles from Season 1, they either:
- Delayed it to make better translated subtitles (than the previous season)
- Cancelled it because of the bad feedback given from Season 1

Back