UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

ALs sets are slanting in quality. AZ is very disappointing for the price. (RRP)

I disagree that AL sets are slanting in quality, they have produced some of my favourite sets and clearly a lot of time and love has been put into them. I'm also very impressed that they are pioneering the first western releases for titles (e.g. Tatami Galaxy, Outlaw star on BD) and are bringing AoA titles that they haven't (and may never) release on BD (e.g. Silver spoon, Samurai Flamenco).

With AZ, I think it's great that you have more choice than ever with the title depending on what you are willing to pay and the type of package you prefer. As for the price, the US RRP for all four volumes was $380 (£306 excl. custom fees). The RRP for both volumes of the UK release was less than half that at £140. I think it's great that AL offers a price that is more accessible to fans of the series (and will be even more so when standard editions are released down the line) which doesn't impact those who want to import the AoA editions.

It is also great to see AL taking the time with AoA titles like Erased so that they can ensure fans of the series can get the best product at the most affordable price.

They've received significant backlash from the pricing of ERASED and if even we, some of the more dedicated anime fans, aren't willing to pay, then I don't see average anime fans doing so in a hurry either. If we do see anymore 6 episode sets, I only think it'll be because AoA forced their hand, and not because of choice.

It is quite funny. We are now close to madmans SE edition that is 30 AUD I might as well get that version

Well then, do so. No one is stopping you. I just think it's wrong to laugh at a company when they're clearly trying their best to put out quality releases over here. Sure, be critical, be constructive, but just laughing at them is pointless and isn't getting anyone anywhere.

Being critical and constructive as got nowhere as people blindly defend them.
Only Zeta is the one nobody defends everything else is someone elses fault.
I want to support AL i just dont like him saying things that arent true as he told us a CE would get us a faster release.

I do care about AL I just want them to have little to no delays and quality releases.

So does everyone, even AL. They're not delaying to spite people. However, there's clearly issues with how things are handled, and no one is denying that. However, to say that their releases aren't quality (one or two examples aside) in order to try and justify AoA sets to people is bordering on ludicrous. The majority of people are very happy with the quality of AL sets and much prefer them to paying double for the same show from another distributor. Just because you're willing to pay extortionate prices doesn't mean you have to go around and disparage AL's releases for whatever reasons.

As far as I'm aware, Erased has been delayed as AL were only recently made aware that Madman are able to release a SE for $30. To me this suggests that they may have more room to negotiate with AoA than they first thought, and so they want to take some time to get the best price for us (which is most definitely a very good thing!). If that's not possible, they are looking to have an early-bird for around £30 for a CE. A 6-episode release is not ideal, but I'm glad AL are trying to make the release more affordable

That either means AoA we're taking them for a ride by not telling them other companies plans. Also I got the first one for £32 which I would early bird and second £22 so I'm not paying too much already due to MVMs sale

The following delays have been listed on amazon (I imagine most will be BBFC related):
Prison School (29th May 2017)
Oh wow ahahahahaha. I now understand why Andrew thought it was a good idea to ignore my question in the AL thread. But it wasn't really a good idea because unless that date is confirmed to be wrong, I be importin'.

For what reason did Funimation dump Manga, again?

Manga Q2 line-up:

Akira (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
£19.99 - April 10th 2017

Boruto: The Movie (Blu-ray) (DVD)
£24.99 (Blu-ray), £19.99 (DVD) - May 1st 2017

Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Complete Series (Blu-ray & DVD)
£39.99 - April 10th 2017

Is It Wrong To Try To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?: Complete Series (Deluxe Edition Blu-ray & DVD)
£49.99 - May 8th 2017
Deluxe Edition Blu-ray available for a limited time only includes: 2 x Blu-ray Discs, 3 x DVD discs, Episodes 1-13 packed inside 14 mm Blu-ray Case, Plastic O-card, Rigid Collector s Box, Set of Art Cards, and Bonus Poster.

My Love Story!!: Complete Series (Deluxe Edition Blu-ray)
£69.99 - June 5th 2017
Deluxe Edition Blu-ray available for a limited time only includes: 3 x Blu-ray Discs, Episodes 1-24 packed inside 14 mm Blu-ray Case, Plastic O-card, Rigid Collector s Box, Set of Art Cards, and Bonus Poster.

Naruto Shippuden: Box 28 (DVD)
£24.99 - May 15th 2017

Pokemon Movies 1-3 Collection (Blu-ray)
£29.99 - April 3rd 2017

Yokai Watch: Complete Season 1 (DVD)
£19.99 - May 8th 2017

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Bonds Beyond Time & Dark Side of Dimensions (Blu-ray) (DVD)
£24.99 (Blu-ray), £19.99 (DVD) - May 29th 2017

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Dark Side of Dimensions (Blu-ray) (DVD)
£15.99 (Blu-ray), £12.99 (DVD) - May 29th 2017

Back