UK Anime Release Schedule -Updated-

The following delays have been listed on amazon (I imagine most will be BBFC related):

Lupin III part 1 (26th June 2017)
Prison School (29th May 2017)
Erased part 2 (29th May)
Durarara ten (24th April)
Assasination Classroom 2 part 1 (24th April)
Barakamon (24th April)
Shomin Sample (10th April)
Snow white with the red hair part 1 (March 6th)
Yona of the Dawn (20th Feb)
Persona 3 movie 1 (13th Feb)

The following delays have been listed on amazon (I imagine most will be BBFC related):

Erased part 2 (29th May)
Barakamon (24th April)

some hefty push backs there, I also cant see Erased pt1 Making February release. Only Prison School and Erased are of interest for me but push-backs just mean I can buy something else.

some hefty push backs there, I also cant see Erased pt1 Making February release. Only Prison School and Erased are of interest for me but push-backs just mean I can buy something else.

The pushback for Erased is so AL can explore how they can get the best product to us at the best price (and we may also get an earlybird) so very reasonable to me :)

Erased part 2 (29th May)
Barakamon (24th April)

Oh Christ, that's quite a few. Thanks for the update, I'll get right on to updating those later today :)

Grrr....
I really want the second half of this show.

EDIT:
Weirdly, part 1 seems to be missing from lots of places now (Zavvi, Amazon).

Enjoy your set without the OVAs. I think that and the way eariler release makes them not bad value.

I mean, I really couldn't care less about OVAs. They're a nice bonus if they're there, but they're not the be all and end all, and certainly aren't worth paying over the odds for. The earlier release thing as also kind of moot due to the whole show being on CR, meaning you could really watch it whenever.

Never heard of blu ray fixes? Also CR usually don't have best broadcast masters look at YOI so for me who rewatches blu rats it is a bonus and the OVAs are canon material written by Narita

Never heard of blu ray fixes? Also CR usually don't have best broadcast masters look at YOI so for me who rewatches blu rats it is a bonus and the OVAs are canon material written by Narita

Yes, I have heard of Blu Ray fixes, please stop being condescending. Blu ray fixes are, once again, bonus. A show is not unwatchable on CR because they aren't as good as BDs. I would still much rather wait it out than pay extortionate prices that AoA charge. Canonicity is also not something that really impacts my interest in the OVAs, if they aren't story essential, then it still makes them just as optional as if they were written by anyone else.

Yes, I have heard of Blu Ray fixes, please stop being condescending. Blu ray fixes are, once again, bonus. A show is not unwatchable on CR because they aren't as good as BDs. I would still much rather wait it out than pay extortionate prices that AoA charge. Canonicity is also not something that really impacts my interest in the OVAs, if they aren't story essential, then it still makes them just as optional as if they were written by anyone else.

I'm with you here Lemon, AoA prices are extortionate and their standard editions are even worse value for money. I would much rather wait (and it should be noted that delays are most often due to BBFC delays or holdbacks, outside of a distributors control) for a UK release which is much more reasonably priced and (imo) supports a much better model for release. Taking AL as an example, UE/CEs are (imo) of much nicer quality (and with early bird deals work out at even better value than expected) and by supporting those releases we are supporting standard editions down the line which make movies/shows more affordable to more people.

ALs sets are slanting in quality. AZ is very disappointing for the price. (RRP)

They are? I mean, yes, A/Z's RRP is too high, but that's only because of AoA. If you're refering to the stacked digipacks, AL have already said that those won't be common, and only used as a last resort, so if you're using that as some kind of excuse to call AL's releases poor, then it's a terrible strawman.

Back