UK Anime Christmas Sales for 2022 [Anime Ltd's 12 Days of Xmas + More]

Got to agree with some of the comments here. I love Nadia but for worse picture quality not sure I can justify dropping £150 on it. Even for an early bird offer that is a lot of money for one show.

Sorry, but looking at that comparison shot I actually prefer the GKids version. The sharper lines do it for me, even at the cost of some sight loss of detail in highlight areas. The GKids image may have a little bit too much brightening up of the image, but I'll still go with it. Watching the video in motion makes any of that much less noticable; I'm not some anal frame-by-frame-examine-with-a-magnifying-glass critic.

Last edited:
Looks like I might get my first parcel today.
I'm all excited.
Now I just have to get through the next 24 hours without buying anything and I'll have had my cheapest sale since I started buying Anime (again) in 2015.

Looks like I might get my first parcel today.
I'm all excited.
Now I just have to get through the next 24 hours without buying anything and I'll have had my cheapest sale since I started buying Anime (again) in 2015.
How let down can you be.
One parcel today and it is Testament of a Sister New Devil 1+2 LE which I ordered about a week after my main purchase.
Love the show but nobody will be surprised to learn that I already own it.
😭

AL exclusive products usually say on the page if they are exclusive but that's not always the case; I'm just going by the search results on the AL website to see what's exclusive and Tower of God is currently not there though honestly I cannot say if that will change or not.
Yes, I emailed asking the same question so as to whether to get it on our site, but not had any response. Same will apply with Nadia.

Hm, looking at the Utena and Evangelion sets, are those likely to remain in stock and get better discounts down the line? I am in no hurry. Seeing how the Rayearth re-release is now 50% off.

Wanted to snag the original Utena LEs but no good discounts, might as well get the limited release. As for Rayearth, I wonder how the OVA DVD looks, if it's worth waiting and grabbing the previous sets for those?

Also, do they do partial shipments, if the order contains preorders?

Hm, looking at the Utena and Evangelion sets, are those likely to remain in stock and get better discounts down the line? I am in no hurry. Seeing how the Rayearth re-release is now 50% off.

Wanted to snag the original Utena LEs but no good discounts, might as well get the limited release. As for Rayearth, I wonder how the OVA DVD looks, if it's worth waiting and grabbing the previous sets for those?

Also, do they do partial shipments, if the order contains preorders?
If I can remember the ultimate for Eva sold out fairly quickly when it launched; Utena however seems to have it's individual parts still in stock so I reckon the three part set will stick around for a while, as for the multi part sets, they will probably say if the stock is low, I cannot imagine it jumping straight to sold out without a low stock warning.

I imagine that they might not discount Eva that heavily since it's a good seller? Though the limited set is still in stock in the US, so not sure, if it's that big of a seller compared to the ultimate set... am a bit angry at myself I didn't grab the Escaflowne boxset at this sale.

I imagine that they might not discount Eva that heavily since it's a good seller?
It's possible but very unlikely that Eva may last until next year; if it does then it may either be discounted or in a mystery box (super unlikely) there may be a low stock warning but I don't know if that was the case with Escaflowne, this was the first I realised it sold out.

Went for Don Glees, Bookworm, Liz and Deer King.

Without knowing the status of the Tower of God box/slipcase I won't be buying it. If its just a thin cardboard slipcase I'll either wait for a heavy discount in a sale or just miss it as I don't want UEs that don't have nice artboxes, especially with books that big and heavy.

lol they will definitely ship them separately but I'm thankful actually because it won't be with FedEx and so there's a chance I can escape customs 😇
Lol, customs can be unpredictable; I don't know how it is elsewhere but sometimes UK customs slap a customs fee and RM handling fee while other times they just ignore it entirely, when importing I try to keep it below £15, where possible, but with anime and games it can be quite the challenge keeping it lower than that.

Lol, customs can be unpredictable; I don't know how it is where you're from but sometimes UK customs slap a customs fee and RM handling fee while other times they just ignore it entirely, when importing I try to keep it below £15, where possible, but with anime and games it can be quite the challenge keeping it lower than that.

I'm usually lucky with mid-sized packages but if customs get their mitts on my stuff, I can count on 35 CHF (Switzerland) minimum in administrative fees so that's always fun...

I was under the impression that when importing, up to 65 CHF is OK, but I'm not sure anymore.

What I do know is that I won't be laughing when I have to pay FedEx's fees for my main order ugh

Yeah, less than 15 GBP is next to impossible lol

Made my order. There are a couple of other Early Birds I also want, but adding them in bumped the price a little too much for comfort, so I'm just gonna hope they get another EB closer to their releases or turn up in a sale at some point. I mostly only want the mystery box for Josee, but I also don't own 3 of the other 4.

gSKiCRr.png

Well, cheaper year for me this year. Only bought Tower of God in the end, which to be fair isn't the cheapest thing on the sale by a long shot but there wasn't much else that I wanted to grab with it. I was tempted by Goodbye, Don Gless but I might wait for it to be a little bit cheaper as I missed out on seeing it at the cinema.

Back